• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
might just be that point in the process where people said to let it sleep overnight...?
Sponsored

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
no change. hmmm. still getting cannot connect to VCM. i cant move on to the rest of these until this is sorted, eh?

and i shouldnt need to do the multi module repair again, right? that was just to repair APIM for the frozen updates?

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS updates

ogor6037

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 xlt 302a
On more question while im doing usb update on APIM or any other one that takes long can i shut the truck off but leave ignition on plugged to power supply? Thanks

Nevermind it didn't take that long until restart for a minute i thought it will take forever now im just going to leave for at least 10 min per instructions

Last edited:

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
^ my powerboost makes a few audible clicks when shutting down. ive heard one that goes off around the 10 minute mark. i wait for 2 or 3 clunks, 10min, and she was good.

SharkAttack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Got started on some updates today but running into an issue. GWM update downloads, the truck accepts the update and says its complete. After restarting following the outlined process, everything seems fine but running another network scan shows another GWM update. I wasn't really paying attention to the numbers, I just assumed it needed many updates. After the 5th time I got suspicious and it looks like its downloading and trying the same update over and over. Anyone ran into this before?

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
Got started on some updates today but running into an issue. GWM update downloads, the truck accepts the update and says its complete. After restarting following the outlined process, everything seems fine but running another network scan shows another GWM update. I wasn't really paying attention to the numbers, I just assumed it needed many updates. After the 5th time I got suspicious and it looks like its downloading and trying the same update over and over. Anyone ran into this before?
GWM or GSM? The GSM is known to not clear out, it's mislabeled.

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
same error im getting. trying to do a 2nd gwm update it says i need. going to try leaving overnight i guess if i shouldnt update the others.

ogor6037

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 xlt 302a
Yup getting GWM update issue also...so i went through the process waited over 10 min came back turned ignition on it would not show on sync as update successful anyway long story short got the same massage could not communicate with VCM now GWM is still in orange did self test and it cleared reran network test its back in orange ran self test again now i have DTC

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG20220416164351

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG20220416164345

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG20220416164340

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG20220416165056

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
Getting ready to take my turn at TSB 22-2117 to unstick the APIM/TCU. Have the hardware including the Mongoose-Plus. About to load the software. All the online posts simply say download the FDRS software. When going to that page there all multiple steps listed with many software downloads. Just want to confirm that FDRS 31.6.7 is all that is needed.
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS FDRS

Sponsored

Dishrag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 limited
Quick question. Are the licenses the same for FDRS and FJDS? I bought the 30 day and assumed it was the same as there wasn't an option to get one specific for FDRS. When I try to put in the activation code in the FDRS software it fails and can't activate.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS FJDS

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
Getting ready to take my turn at TSB 22-2117 to unstick the APIM/TCU. Have the hardware including the Mongoose-Plus. About to load the software. All the online posts simply say download the FDRS software. When going to that page there all multiple steps listed with many software downloads. Just want to confirm that FDRS 31.6.7 is all that is needed.
FDRS.jpg
That is all you need.

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
think i got some dtc too. should i resolve these first?
20220416_145706.jpg
Those will resolve as you update. If you’re still getting the “data” error on the GWM then it needs to sleep overnight. That did it for me.
Sponsored