• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Got it figured out. There was a DSM SW update today so I did that and it fixed everything. So with the DSM update it put the boards back to factory original settings but instead of the annoying locking the truck from the door outside button the steps going up and not even 2 seconds later they come back down, it appears Ford fixed the bars and they stay up when pressing the outside door button, door outside keypad lock, or fob lock button is pushed and you around the vehicle walking away. This is nice that's finally fixed as that was annoying.

Now before I did the DSM update I was doing some testing in Forscan and found a great setting with the step bars only coming down when the door was opened but as you approach they stay up and your approach lighting still works (as long as you don't have Lincoln AutoFold Mirrors set instead of the original AutoFold Mirrors) as well as the step bar switches will work. This is great when you are walking around your vehicle but tired of the steps going up and down constantly. My settings on the sync screen are Power Running Boards Auto, Timer 5 min, Approach Setting and Lighting set to on. After you have this all set leave it and don't touch. Make the changes below in Forscan then do the module reset and away you go. So the settings I used were the following.

744-23-01 > 0001-0001-00XX
744-23-02 > 0101-0000-XX
or for those with older block setup for that line 744-23-02 > 0101-00XX
I think for Approach Detection Power Running Boards it is enough to set the ADPRBOC flag to 0 (or DISABLE). OEM value is 1 (or ENABLE).

744-23-01 -> 00xx-xxxx-xx--

Works just fine for my '22 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost. The lights lit up when approaching the truck but the power running boards stay in. They deploy ONLY when doors are opened!
Sponsored

CUL8ER

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
I think for Approach Detection Power Running Boards it is enough to set the ADPRBOC flag to 0 (or DISABLE). OEM value is 1 (or ENABLE).

744-23-01 -> 00xx-xxxx-xx--

Works just fine for my '22 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost. The lights lit up when approaching the truck but the power running boards stay in. They deploy ONLY when doors are opened!
Perfect. Not sure what the rest of your 22 OEM settings were for those 2 lines? Did it add an extra block to your 744-23-02 Line? Also did you check your switch on boards if you like them left on?

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Perfect. Not sure what the rest of your 22 OEM settings were for those 2 lines? Did it add an extra block to your 744-23-02 Line? Also did you check your switch on boards if you like them left on?
My problem with these “Welcome Lights” is that every time I approach the truck with my keys in my pocket, apart from activating the external lights, it also activates the USB ports as well as the APIM/SYNC screen inside the truck that stays on for 10 minutes before shutting it off (just like you would step out of the truck and closed the driver door). This will not sit well with my battery over time.

Last edited:
OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
FYI - Here are my OEM values for DSM

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1649037864984

I just changed the 23-01 1st octet from 01 to 00. The rest I left untouched. Did the trick with auto power board deployment on approach, but as I mentined above, the activation of the USB hub and sync unit inside the truck (without opening the door) does not sit well with me.

CUL8ER

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
FYI - Here are my OEM values for DSM

1649037864984.png

I just changed the 23-01 1st octet from 01 to 00. The rest I left untouched. Did the trick with auto power board deployment on approach, but as I mentined above, the activation of the USB hub and sync unit inside the truck (without opening the door) does not sit well with me.
Your truck is a PowerBoost? You wont have any battery issues. There is a secondary battery as well thats supplemental battery power and good alternators on these trucks with a AGM battery and you also have the onboard battery that runs the truck so you have plenty of battery.

Yes those were my factory settings as well now I just tweaked it a bit.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Your truck is a PowerBoost? You wont have any battery issues. There is a secondary battery as well thats supplemental battery power and good alternators on these trucks with a AGM battery and you also have the onboard battery that runs the truck so you have plenty of battery.

Yes those were my factory settings as well now I just tweaked it a bit.
Did you notice any change by setting the 2nd octet on 744-23-02

744-23-02 xx01-xx—

My OEM is 00 there

CUL8ER

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Did you notice any change by setting the 2nd octet on 744-23-02

744-23-02 xx01-xx—

My OEM is 00 there
None that i no of. I left those both as configurable. I figured that was to allow it to be changed in the Sync 4 Screen if wanted but I find when you make changes on the Sync 4 screen it sometimes messes things up so I haven‘t done much for turning off and on the settings via Sync 4. Maybe if we turn those off it makes it not change at all if you toggle Sync 4 settings on and off. I dunno. I wondered out loud if Livinitup or Jesse Infotainment know what the added second block adds with this latest DSM update.

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
What programmer was being used here? I kamikaze’d my way through a few updates, including the BECM, last month with the Mongoose and didn’t have any issues. Was the Nano choking on the BECM?

At any rate, this is an interesting observation about Ford potentially locking down updates for non-Bosch programmers. But I doubt it would happen because they could get into a lot of hot water with manufacturers of J2534 products that Ford has certified to work with FJDS and FDRS, including some pretty big hitters like Opus (f/k/a Drew Technologies) and Snap-On, just to name a couple. https://www.motorcraftservice.com/diagnostic/FJDSSupport?categoryId=247 The outcry from independent repair and body shops would be tremendous.
I have a VCX and a Mongoose. Results are exactly the same. I don't know if the logs are exactly the same but I got annoyed and went splunking for them to try to sort this mess out. I didn't come up with anything interesting however.

This was even after a re-installation of FRDS. The laptop I'm running on was freshly reformatted prior to getting FRDS setup and should be a blank canvas for the most part. It's a new enough Dell XPS 13 where I'm not worried about the age of my kit...

Based on the goo in the logs it's almost if mine doesn't have a config? Seems strange....

This website has issues - when posting the java logs the website errors out and I get a 500 gateway time out... Seems like something isn't sanitizing the outputs if I had to venture a guess.

Perhaps if @Jesse-Infotainment looks at the logs he maybe would have an idea. It seem if my BECM doesn't seem to have a config which is a tiny bit odd.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Super Cab Carbonized Grey 3.5 EC 302A 6.5 Box
Occupation
Electrician, Retired
Is there a list somewhere that I can check and see what updates I should be doing on my truck, as to options I have? For example, I see a lot of BC or 360 camera related updates, I do not have BC or 360 cameras on my truck. Therefore I don't need that update. From what I can see so far is I do need the TCM update for the trailer brakes. Spending a few hundred dollars for equipment and license for FDRS to install option I don't have the hardware for doesn't make sense to me.

What I am looking for is, for example...

DDM - corrects power window not auto up
TCM - corrects trailer brake failure

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I have a VCX and a Mongoose. Results are exactly the same. I don't know if the logs are exactly the same but I got annoyed and went splunking for them to try to sort this mess out. I didn't come up with anything interesting however.

This was even after a re-installation of FRDS. The laptop I'm running on was freshly reformatted prior to getting FRDS setup and should be a blank canvas for the most part. It's a new enough Dell XPS 13 where I'm not worried about the age of my kit...

Based on the goo in the logs it's almost if mine doesn't have a config? Seems strange....

This website has issues - when posting the java logs the website errors out and I get a 500 gateway time out... Seems like something isn't sanitizing the outputs if I had to venture a guess.

Perhaps if @Jesse-Infotainment looks at the logs he maybe would have an idea. It seem if my BECM doesn't seem to have a config which is a tiny bit odd.
Way above my pay grade. I agree—this sounds like something you should have @Jesse-Infotainment look into. If you are having problems with a missing config file, he might be able to sideload it for you. He has had success slipping software into other stubborn modules, but I don’t know if he’s done it with the BECM. PM him directly and ask.

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Is there a list somewhere that I can check and see what updates I should be doing on my truck, as to options I have? For example, I see a lot of BC or 360 camera related updates, I do not have BC or 360 cameras on my truck. Therefore I don't need that update. From what I can see so far is I do need the TCM update for the trailer brakes. Spending a few hundred dollars for equipment and license for FDRS to install option I don't have the hardware for doesn't make sense to me.

What I am looking for is, for example...

DDM - corrects power window not auto up
TCM - corrects trailer brake failure
Problem is it’s not that easy to be selective anymore. Many of the more recent updates are chained. You might think you need only one module update—the APIM or IPC for example—but it turns out be chained to three others you might think you don’t need. It’s all or nothing in many cases. Complicating matters, several of the BC updates didn’t just activate BC—they made other refinements to how the module operates. I don’t have BC, either. But I’m glad I updated everything because I noticed other tweaks. Cataloging all of them would be difficult.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer

Are you running any AntiVirus or AntiMalware on the laptop?

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
Are you running any AntiVirus or AntiMalware on the laptop?
Default Windows (Windows 10 Home) crap is running I would assume. I should kill all of that off but all signs seem to point to a missing configuration (so far) per the logs. I'll test this theory out later this morning perhaps!

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
So no one with an 8" cluster has gotten past the 244 version of software? Are all of us 8" cluster people stuck and not able to get any additional upgrades?

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
So no one with an 8" cluster has gotten past the 244 version of software? Are all of us 8" cluster people stuck and not able to get any additional upgrades?
Are you really stuck? What features are you missing that the new updates have? If the newer updates are focused on Bluecruise, then there might not be anything in them for an 8" cluster.
Sponsored