• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ClayBell

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Database Admin
So I’m getting 2 different stories, FordPass help desk is telling my I can enable blue cruise and the dealership sez I don’t have the right parts. Can anyone tell from my vin?

VIN:1FTFW1ED8NFA41491

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
thanks. yeah, i guess i should have paid closer attention to the linked items in these tutorials. there arent many good pics of the suggested rotunda 5pin connection, and its hard to see the 5pin connection in the tsb. and the ford sync 2 reflash kit looks different again. just didn't want to open the dash and pay the subscription yet if i had ordered the wrong one. going to start this friday after the charger gets here.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
So I’m getting 2 different stories, FordPass help desk is telling my I can enable blue cruise and the dealership sez I don’t have the right parts. Can anyone tell from my vin?

What's it say on your window sticker?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

You have an XLT

Only lariat 502a and up have BC as option

Sponsored

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
So...

Post PB PCM update, seems like it took awhile for the truck to click over to electric during this mornings drive. A bit better behaved on the way to the dealership.

I took the truck to the dealership for the TRM module bit. Going to look at FRDS and see what that says.

The guy also mentioned a recall about Blue cruise as well. I've seen a few folks mention it here too.

He says its a HUGE recall. Suppose to be flyers in the mail at some point. He made mention that they also will be offering Blue Cruise as an installation option, even for trucks that didn't have it today to the tune of 15,000 dollars. That got a laugh out of me. I'm trying to decide how much was true here but he said I should be getting a pamphlet in the mail shortly.

Is this jiving with what anyone else has heard so far?? He didn't offer specifics outside of what I've mentioned. I don't have BC, as I have the ASSIST with no cameras. I don't have the active.

I'd rather put 15k towards a Lightening at this point...

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
They won’t have TRM update yet. Better call them.

ClayBell

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Database Admin
I also did the TRM this morning at the dealership.

Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
The guy also mentioned a recall about Blue cruise as well. I've seen a few folks mention it here too.

He says its a HUGE recall. Suppose to be flyers in the mail at some point. He made mention that they also will be offering Blue Cruise as an installation option, even for trucks that didn't have it today to the tune of 15,000 dollars. That got a laugh out of me. I'm trying to decide how much was true here but he said I should be getting a pamphlet in the mail shortly.
I just have a hard time believing this. If there was a huge recall coming they would have already pulled the module updates from FDRS and the folks that are in EAP would stop getting the updates via OTA as well. If it's sooooo bad why is the software still out there?

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
I just have a hard time believing this. If there was a huge recall coming they would have already pulled the module updates from FDRS and the folks that are in EAP would stop getting the updates via OTA as well. If it's sooooo bad why is the software still out there?
I do too. The guy was telling me that the electric cars don't require "chips" like the hybrid/gas ones. I spend all day dealing with software/hardware... Im like okay... Pretty sure they have more chips because its all software/electronics and PFM.

SO, take what I said with a grain of salt...
Sponsored