• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
Got it yesterday. I would suggest reboot and restart FDRS when the update is complete. I didn’t and it crashed just before starting module update.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Got it yesterday. I would suggest reboot and restart FDRS when the update is complete. I didn’t and it crashed just before starting module update.
I’ve learned to always tick the box to delete user data every time I upgrade now. Saves a lot of pain.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
On another note......those IOTA Engineering, 120Vdc to 12Vdc, 90A Converter/Charger are selling on Ebay for $179.

Here's the current link if you're interested.

I haven't had a chance to test mine due to the "hold" on powertrain updates, but supposedly the IOTA have a very clean output and at $198 (current price) it's a great deal compared to Schumacher and Clore (not as versatile, but also a 3rd of the price).
I paid $265 for my DLS a few months back as a reference.

The IOTA is kind of "dumb" so it relies on an phone jack plug in "configurator" (I think they call it an IQ module) if you want to use it as a "smart" charger.

IOTA recommended using the little jumper plug that came with the power supply, this will bring the voltage to 14.2V and effectively charge your battery.

I personally feel this is a bit sketchy considering the small size of our battery and I'd be concerned about overcharging it.

So I plan on leaving the jumper out / unplugged, which should leave the unit in power supply mode (what we want) and 13.6V (going by memory, might have been 13.2).

I'm not telling anyone what to do, you do your own research, just a heads up in case you end up getting one.

Also note that while you can get away with using the smaller DLS75, I think it comes with a 20A plug, vs. a 15A on the DLS-90 (kinda a-- backwards, but that's what their specs says anyway and mine (DLS90) have a 15A plug.)

Sponsored

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning | Lariat SR
That is the case as of right now...6 May 24.

This appeared in PTS/OASIS this morning:
FSA_23B57_pause_6-May-24.png

Which essentially means...don't update your powertrain modules until we put out an updated set.

On another note......those IOTA Engineering, 120Vdc to 12Vdc, 90A Converter/Charger are selling on Ebay for $179. And the seller is saying something about this price ending on the 30th of April...but at the same time the seller says they have 5 left at this price at the time of this writing.

Here's the current link if you're interested.

It's a hellofalotcheaper than what Grainger wants for the Schumacher INC 100 :oops:
Thank you Mike. Unfortunately I had updated the PCM 2ish weeks ago (before I knew about the stop) and it’s no doubt causing some issues on my end I think. Very much looking forward to the next PCM updates that hopefully fix this crap.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thank you Mike. Unfortunately I had updated the PCM 2ish weeks ago (before I knew about the stop) and it’s no doubt causing some issues on my end I think. Very much looking forward to the next PCM updates that hopefully fix this crap.
They're not showing for you yet. Feel free to remind me to check every now and then you know when to fire FDRS back up.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I have been doing a number of updates using FDRS over the last few days. I started to do the BCM and got this message. Why can't I update the Body Control Module?
Has anyone else seen this message? I could have sworn I updated BCM when I first started using FDRS.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1715210107833-z1

Magendi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
I have been doing a number of updates using FDRS over the last few days. I started to do the BCM and got this message. Why can't I update the Body Control Module?
Has anyone else seen this message? I could have sworn I updated BCM when I first started using FDRS.

1715210107833-z1.png
That’s super weird. I just did BCM last weekend and got no such error.

Sponsored

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I did BCM update about a week ago as well without that prompt. I hope this isn't something new they just implemented. I know they require that for PATS related things, but not standard FDRS module updates.

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
Sucks for anyone that just bought a 2 day subscription

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I have never seen that, but I have a dealer login. Try restarting the laptop.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I did BCM update about a week ago as well without that prompt. I hope this isn't something new they just implemented. I know they require that for PATS related things, but not standard FDRS module updates.
Yeah, I hope not, I have a one year with about 6months left on it. I'm going to check again tomorrow. I will be contacting FDRS folks if it happens again.
Sponsored