• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Emporia Charger, 48 amp

talfaro61

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightening
I have a Pro Charger for sale. $700 and you pay shipping. Box is unopened. My control panel in garage cannot handle the 80 amps so I will go with what it can handle. I then posted that I was looking for a Ford Connected Charge Station, 48 amps, and someone recommended I consider other chargers. I view videos and the Emporia Charger, 48 amps, was the highest rated. Anyone have any experience with this charger and does it do the job with the Lightening?
Ford F-150 Lightning Emporia Charger, 48 amp IMG_8619
Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
I have heard good things about it. That is my plan to upgrade my 32 amp Lectron close to year end. Just waiting because I read my power utility may be offering Chargepoints with a hefty discount in August if you sign up for their managed plan.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Emporia is good, I'm happy with the FCSP. It can be de-rated to support whatever you have available, just an FYI. Obviously, you can save a couple hundred going for the Emporia. I chose to use it as I might be getting the HIS. I want to use my solar while the power is out, so the cheap route for backup won't work for me.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
FCSP. It can be de-rated to support whatever you have available, just an FYI.
That is correct, it can be installed in almost any panel and works great at the 48amp setting.

swngdncr

First Name
Carla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Forerunner, 2016 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired mostly
We bought an emporia to use with our solar charger. It didn't work in that situation, but that was likely a problem with the inverter, not the Emporia. I really liked the emporia, it's functionality, the app with the charts and such. Emporia was pretty good to work with too.. good customer support. I would buy their products again. Frankly, I think it is much better than the Ford Charge Pro...

Sponsored

TouchTom

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S (Soon to be a Lightning)
Occupation
Engineer
I have it. Use it for my niro EV and lightning. I was actually a beta tester for it so I am going on over 2 years with it. No issues at all. Great charger. Cable is a little thick so can be hard to maneuver when cold. But otherwise very happy.

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
I have the emporia hard wired to get the full 48amps. Its able to charge the truck around 11.2kwh without issue. Great app that goes along with it so you can track your usage, set the charge rate, when you want to charge, etc. Hard to beat for $400.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I use it for my wife's Mach E and it works great. The best feature is that you can use it to only charge with your excess solar with an additional purchase of the breaker energy monitors.

Sponsored

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
We bought an Emporia charger for the Lightning that arrives tomorrow, so I can't yet comment on its use with the Lightning.

I have tested it with my Focus Electric, though it only pulls 7.1 kW. I did try the scheduling as my FFE has an issue with value charging that needs a software update to fix. The app for the Emporia gives nice real time power draw information.

The front of the Emporia is held on by allen key screws facing the back. This makes for a less likely to be tampered with installation (not that this is an issue in a garage) but is a bit of a pain to get the screws started when putting the cover on during installation.

The knock-out hole that it's cord uses is the right size for 1" conduit. Their instructions recommend using 1.5" conduit, but 1" provides sufficient space under our code with room to spare. Check your local code or with an electrician as codes dictate a maximum percentage fill and this involves adding up the cross section areas of the conductors used and dividing by the cross section area of the inside of the conduit used (we used PVC conduit.

The Emporia EVSE has a gas-tight seal on it, which was good for us since the conduit run went into the house and even though we no longer own an ICE vehicle, our building code requires an airtight separation between the garage and the living space. The hole where the conduit entered is sealed around the conduit with acoustic sealant and the inside of the conduit has duct seal as well.

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
I have a Pro Charger for sale. $700 and you pay shipping. Box is unopened. My control panel in garage cannot handle the 80 amps so I will go with what it can handle. I then posted that I was looking for a Ford Connected Charge Station, 48 amps, and someone recommended I consider other chargers. I view videos and the Emporia Charger, 48 amps, was the highest rated. Anyone have any experience with this charger and does it do the job with the Lightening?
IMG_8619.jpeg
I have the Emporia 48 amp. It has worked flawlessly since February. Not a single complaint.

Gaalpwrd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning #183/887, Lariat LR Antimatter
Occupation
Building stuff
Have you seen my Emporia review yet?
I have lots of EV charger reviews on my YouTube channel, State Of Charge.

I also rated the Emporia my top 48-amp pick for 2023:
Your review was how I learned about Emporia. Once I found out it was a Colorado company I was in and have loved it so far.

EmporiaEnergy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Emporia EV Charger
Hi OP, if you have any questions about the Emporia Level 2 48 Amp Smart Home EV Charger our team is always glad to help.

Need to contact Emporia's Customer Support Team?

Available by phone, email, and chat M-F 8AM-5PM MST.

Please visit https://emporiaenergy.com/contact

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
Solid. Fortunate that my utility company, Green Mountain Power, provided me such a reputable EV charger. Sold my FCSP on eBay.
Sponsored