• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Estimated Delivery Date keeps changing

Thebear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT PB | 2023 Lightning Lariat
Has anyone else had their delivery estimate dates move all over the place. Mine started out late December, then moved up to mid-week this last week, now it’s mid-week next week. Do these dates even matter? How accurate are they?
Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Sorry that I don't have an answer but I do have a similar question. I have a build week of 1/9/23. If it is built that week, when could I expect delivery? It looks like turn-around time has gotten better as Ford is getting a rhythm on production.

OP
OP
Thebear

Thebear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry that I don't have an answer but I do have a similar question. I have a build week of 1/9/23. If it is built that week, when could I expect delivery? It looks like turn-around time has gotten better as Ford is getting a rhythm on production.
A lot of variables that will impact that. In general if you have no chip holds it goes fairly quickly but still 30-45 days is what I’ve been seeing.

jsnowball81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F250
There are so many factors at play I think its hard to say for sure. Shipping lead times seem to swing wildly based on geographic region. I think once its on its way the databases try to keep it close.

For example:
My truck got dropped at the railyard last Wednesday with a 12/13-19 estimate and when I checked status again today it was moved up to 12/6-12. Hopefully I get the call Monday but I'm going to guess Wednesday. There is probably a more specific target date in Fords internal tracking and it may say the 12th putting me on the cusp between the two weeks.

Your truck may have shipped earlier than Ford's systems initially had in plan. Once the truck moved to shipped status the date probably updated to last week but then the railcar may have been delayed and missed a transfer somewhere. This could have pushed the target date back one day also pushing you an estimated week.

This is all pure speculation of course...

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
February

Sponsored

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone else had their delivery estimate dates move all over the place. Mine started out late December, then moved up to mid-week this last week, now it’s mid-week next week. Do these dates even matter? How accurate are they?
I missed my 2nd delivery window by a week, then got a delivery range of 7-8 weeks later, then received my truck 2 days after the change... we had a messy delivery schedule in 10/24 build week but that seems to be the norm at the moment unfortunately.

Have you received any convoy/rail info from Ford CS? That will help you know if they are close or way off.

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
I must say everything went better than imagined on my end other than the deleted heated steering wheel.
Paid $100 may of 21.
September of 22 got email to build for $500 with spring 23 delivery estimate

Mid October got the email going to production beginning of November Then got an email going into production end of November - one last one moved back up to 11/14
Built over 10 days. Had spray in bed liner lariat ER. Shipped the 23rd. . Delivered Dec 5th
When it was shipped it gave me a delivery date of 12/7-14. It changed once to 12/14-21 but only for about 2 hours as it had already landed at dealership on 12/7 exactly. Then sent email saying it was delivered around lunch on 12/7.

all in all the scheduling worked out quicker then estimated. I’ve also ordered/received a few superduties since Covid quicker than I thought I would. Both were kind ranches so they weren’t stripped down Xls.
All in all can’t complain at all with ford.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yes, EVERYONE ELSE has had this issue.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yes, EVERYONE ELSE has had this issue.
Agreed!
My '22 Lightning was supposed to deliver in August, but was moved up to July during the build.

My current '23 MME order just changed from end of January 2023 to the first week of January 2023...
(really hoping it lands before 12/31/22)...

So yes, everyone has had their delivery windows changed...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
As said by several above and well summarized by @jsnowball81 , the ETA predictor has 17 personalities

Sponsored

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
In my case production was off by 3 weeks but transit to San Diego was 9 weeks total. Good luck. It is worth it in the end but frustrating in the middle. steve

OP
OP
Thebear

Thebear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So to add to the craziness of this experience… my dates changed 3x in a day (latest one said Jan 2, 2023) and now my truck is at the dealership ready for pickup… who knows… such a crazy experience.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
So to add to the craziness of this experience… my dates changed 3x in a day (latest one said Jan 2, 2023) and now my truck is at the dealership ready for pickup… who knows… such a crazy experience.
Words of wisdom for the rest of you still waiting for your trucks, I frequently watched ETA's shift +/- a few days within a day or so of the truck landing at the dealerships, observations of 100's of trucks delivered on the tracker.

nanohead

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, 23 Lightning ER, 15 F150 XLT, 12 Cayman
Occupation
Engineer
Words of wisdom for the rest of you still waiting for your trucks, I frequently watched ETA's shift +/- a few days within a day or so of the truck landing at the dealerships, observations of 100's of trucks delivered on the tracker.
As usual, you are a source of sanity and its appreciated. Candidly though, Ford, and I usually like them and their cars (have owned about a dozen), is just gargantuanly disorganized with this whole effort. Someone at the company is making decisions. They aren't communicating those decisions downward/outward to either the customers or the dealers. So they now have hordes of otherwise nice, patient, enthusiastic customers really pissed off at them.

This stuff is always avoidable, and Ford is looking incredibly disorganized here

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
My 2021 Mach-E order was supposed to be built in December (after it was converted to a 2022). It was built in January - March, i.e. it took about 16 weeks to complete that phase.

Then, I was proud to be appointed lot monitor at the storage lot where vehicles awaited completion. I was first in, and Ford followed FILO, a unique Ford accounting method where first-in is last out. My car finally left the lot in May, and was delivered days shy of a year.

Worked out for me though. We drove a cancelled order from July 2021 to May 2022, got the new car for the exact same price (within rounding error), the same 0.9% for 4 year financing, and sold the 2021 for a profit. Cars were 100% identical. Even with capital gains tax, and all fees, and insurance for a year, and charging, we made a profit even with driving 9,400 miles.
Sponsored