• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Also: I *think* the my24 trucks will get rid of the passenger's side "fake" charge port door. (See pictures of the Lightning Platinum Black). The press release for the Flash shows the door on the models sans Black, but I think they are just using 2023s for the photo shoot.

I can't imagine Ford spending money to have two different truck bodies in my24 production...(one with door, one without)
Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
More range in a cold climate is too encompassing. Heat pumps don't help in very cold temperatures, they help in a limited temperature band. So it may help someone in Canada in say November, but likely won't help in January.
Rick's right on. Having lived 30 years in Michigan and now 30 years in the south a heat pump wouldn't save you anything up north.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
the only reason I moved up to a Lariat is because it was the first trim level that had leather interior and the better audio. looks like that's still the case, but for some this trim might make sense.
I didn't really care about the audio, leather was nice though. In '22, the price difference between the XLT ER and Lariat ER just made the Lariat a no brainer. I also really wanted to Blue Cruise after using it in my wife's Mach-e.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Looking forward to engineering details of the heat pump and how the thermal management system will integrate with it.

doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost & 2019 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
Real estate
My guess is the heat pump being offered on the Flash model is just a test bed for the next-gen truck

Sponsored

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Highlander, Mazda miata
I would disagree with the heat pump naysayers. At the very least a heat pump would likely speed up cabin warming on startup. For the Tesla model 3 pre and post heat pump, the difference in winter was up to 25-30wh/mi for energy usage and translates into longer range. My home heat pump provides primary heat for my home down to -15C (5F). Plus benefit of cooling in summer. It definitely isn't going to hurt, that's for sure.

No word yet from Ford Canada if this model is going to be available up here and how much $$. Was going to pull the trigger on an XLT ER this fall but this gives me pause.

The other thought is that an SR XLT with a heat pump, if it gained more meaningful winter range, might attract my attention again.......

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Heat pump is a welcome addition but was adding the NACS connector for ‘24 too difficult? Seems strange they’re planning on selling another year of vehicles with a soon to be extinct connector.

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Highlander, Mazda miata
Heat pump is a welcome addition but was adding the NACS connector for ‘24 too difficult? Seems strange they’re planning on selling another year of vehicles with a soon to be extinct connector.
When you think of where the charging infrastructure is now, I think I'd rather keep the CCS port for the chargers that are in place now, and use a Tesla adapter for superchargers or destination chargers when that opens up. All I hope is whatever adapter they come up with, that it has an extension long enough to reach the port...

mchayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT SR , 2020 F-150 XLT 3.5EB
Occupation
Firefighter
I would disagree with the heat pump naysayers. At the very least a heat pump would likely speed up cabin warming on startup. For the Tesla model 3 pre and post heat pump, the difference in winter was up to 25-30wh/mi for energy usage and translates into longer range. My home heat pump provides primary heat for my home down to -15C (5F). Plus benefit of cooling in summer. It definitely isn't going to hurt, that's for sure.

No word yet from Ford Canada if this model is going to be available up here and how much $$. Was going to pull the trigger on an XLT ER this fall but this gives me pause.

The other thought is that an SR XLT with a heat pump, if it gained more meaningful winter range, might attract my attention again.......
Am at the exact point has you ... Am from Canada and I have XLT SR on order ; Am suppose to receive it between now and the end of october ... That make me rethink .... Coming from a Tesla the the lack heat pump has always been a concerne with the Lightning ... I understand with our Climat the efficiency that it provide since we are in average right on the spot of the max efficiency with it. most time. Probably going to order a 2024 XLT SR with the heatpump if available and see by then if it is worth the upgrade !

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
“Autocar goes on to say that the range tests also emphasized the importance of a heat pump for dealing with cold-weather range loss. Models with a heat pump had an average winter range loss of about 25% compared to their WLTP-estimated range. Meanwhile, those without a heat pump lost an average of around 34%.”

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
Ha. Just had mine replaced under warranty. The warp is a design feature. My new one is warped exactly the same.
Just noticed warping in mine. Is it the top-left corner of the instrument panel?

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
I knew when I bought my SR XLT it was the best option for me. This confirms it.
Sponsored