• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
If they don't know enough to use their resources to find a proper 12 v ignition controlled fuse, I would be picking my truck up and never taking it back to that dealer.
That doesn't make much sense. Any 12v car accessory should be able to handle voltage at least up to 15. When an alternator is running in a ICE vehicle there is 14.5 volts generally on the 12V circuit.

I've noticed the lightning battery is generally in the 13.5 range..

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 6.49.33 PM
Sponsored

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Ok, so the radio reception issue. Ran the power and ground right to the 12v batter and switched with a relay from a remote turn on for an aftermarket amp. No dice. Radio reception is even worse than going to the passenger side under hood fuse box.

that being said, I had to punt on this mod. I need the radio reception. Does anyone want a lightly used led ford emblem?

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Anybody figure out the lighted emblem mod that won’t jack up Radio?

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
So does this description mean that it now plugs into the headlights? If so, that may take care of the radio interference. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. FCEC3018-0B74-4F95-846F-1B92C3970514

Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
So does this description mean that it now plugs into the headlights? If so, that may take care of the radio interference. 🤷🏼‍♂️

FCEC3018-0B74-4F95-846F-1B92C3970514.jpeg
Putco has updated their web site showing a direct plug into the headlight option along with pictures. There is information on having to select which headlight type you have. However if you try to add it to your cart the only option you can choose from the selection is the option "without direct harness / wire to the fuse box". So it looks like they have an option coming, but may not be sourced with the parts/wiring harness yet or OOS.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 9.55.33 PM

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 9.59.00 PM

Sponsored

Sepi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
Putco has updated their web site showing a direct plug into the headlight option along with pictures. There is information on having to select which headlight type you have. However if you try to add it to your cart the only option you can choose from the selection is the option "without direct harness / wire to the fuse box". So it looks like they have an option coming, but may not be sourced with the parts/wiring harness yet or OOS.

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 9.55.33 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 9.59.00 PM.png
I just ordered mine a week ago as I just got my truck. They said this is for ICE only and doesn't work with Lightning and they have none planned/coming any time soon for Lightning. I'm a bit bummed I didn't see this thread before hand especially seeing complaints about radio reception now.

Reactions: GDN

dramo

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning MY2023 Lariat ER
@gg1919 I also noticed the green wire was cut and when I soldered it together I get the start up animation too. So clearly their only difference is for some reason on the Ford site they cut it to disable the feature which is so weird.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
@gg1919 I also noticed the green wire was cut and when I soldered it together I get the start up animation too. So clearly their only difference is for some reason on the Ford site they cut it to disable the feature which is so weird.
Thanks for verifying this. I have my LED oval in hand but am waiting until it warms up to install. I'll solder the green wire together in the meantime.

I'm also thinking of running the power from the cab fuse block and using a toggle/rocker switch in case I ever want to use my FM radio without interference.

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro, Tesla Model Y Performance
Got it installed on my Pro this morning. I really like the look. No issues with my radio as far as I can tell. At least on the radio stations I listen to all the time.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. 1679171546819

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. 1679171554870

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. 1679171564993

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
I thought someone said the putco one was brighter too?

Where is this green wire? I had the dealership install mine already, would it be easy for me to get in there to connect the ends?

Sponsored

dramo

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning MY2023 Lariat ER
I thought someone said the putco one was brighter too?

Where is this green wire? I had the dealership install mine already, would it be easy for me to get in there to connect the ends?
Unfortunately the cut is in the middle of the loom right behind the logo so you would have to take the grill off to get to it.

Sepi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just finished mine and I feel like there's a small gap around the logo to the grill. Bit worried about liquid getting in there anyone else have this? I've tightened everything as much as possible and tried refitting a good 20 times with no luck. It does seem to be like an even gap all the way around.

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Amazon currently have this listed for 176.63 if anyone interested. Part# 92605. I know this is not slickdeals but figured I’ll share it.

Sepi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Came back to share that I also have no radio reception after going to the fuse box with this. Might play with some other fuses this weekend see if it's the fuse I chose or something else.
Sponsored