• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Just did this install today. Went pretty well. I purchased the emblem from Ford and wired the Green wire back together. I doubt the one from Putco is any brighter. This thing is extremely bright. Any brighter and it would be a headlight. Looks great with the Pro grill. The matte finish plastic on the Pro grill and this emblem is a near perfect match.

I just had trouble with the fuse. the fuse they gave me was very tight to the other fuse below it and I ended u0p breaking it trying to force it in. Ended up having to run to AutoZone to purchase another 5A fuse for $7 :(:mad:.

I used Fuse 22 because I like the emblem to stay lit for a bit when the car it parked. When I went out to get another use, I put the fuse in the top spot so that the emblem was lit and left the bottom port open and strangely enough the emblem stayed lit when the headlights were on and turned off when the headlights turned off... Which was, IMO, perfect behavior. With both fuse ports filled, the emblem stays on much longer than the headlights. No idea why and no idea what this fuse does. My headlights worked regardless if there was a fuse or not, but my directionals were clicking fast which normally indicates that your blinker light is out.
PXL_20230519_152623686.jpg

I also wired my Powertrax cover today:

Thanks for feedback! Did you get radio interference?
Sponsored

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Curious what everyone in here did for the rear emblem? I completed this mod on my Pro, and like the look other than the radio interference!

Is there an easy way to get the same matte black look on the rear emblem?

Thanks all!

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Curious what everyone in here did for the rear emblem? I completed this mod on my Pro, and like the look other than the radio interference!

Is there an easy way to get the same matte black look on the rear emblem?

Thanks all!
Paint it or Plasti-Dip. You could try a vinyl overlay but most don't cover the chrome ring.

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint it or Plasti-Dip. You could try a vinyl overlay but most don't cover the chrome ring.
Have you done this? Not sure how I would keep the “ford” from being covered as well, plus that would still be chrome.
I tried one of the vinyl overlays on Etsy, and it didn’t go well! Haha

it’s my understanding that removing these and replacing them completely is a pretty good headache on the rear.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Have you done this? Not sure how I would keep the “ford” from being covered as well, plus that would still be chrome.
I tried one of the vinyl overlays on Etsy, and it didn’t go well! Haha

it’s my understanding that removing these and replacing them completely is a pretty good headache on the rear.
I've bought either Ford replacement emblems that fit the Black Package or already painted ones from eBay for my ICE truck. The back emblem for the ICE truck will fit the Pro and XLT Lighting tailgate, as they share the same part. Or you can use flat Plasti-Dip. There are numerous videos on how to do it.

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've bought either Ford replacement emblems that fit the Black Package or already painted ones from eBay for my ICE truck. The back emblem for the ICE truck will fit the Pro and XLT Lighting tailgate, as they share the same part. Or you can use flat Plasti-Dip. There are numerous videos on how to do it.
Thank you

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Just (finally) finished my install. Thought I'd post a quick upgrade I added for my 2023 Pro.

I decided since it was so cheap to add the front camera washer. My Pro had the washer housing already attached.

This is the part I bought from Tasca:

HC3Z-17603-B

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-spray-jet-hc3z17603b

Also, I picked up some black vacuum hose (5/32") from Autozone, small pinch clamps (1/4" pinch style Hose Clamps), and the below "Y" adapter pack.

https://www.autozone.com/fittings-a...e-assorted-vacuum-tubing-connector/426014_0_0

The install is fairly self explanatory and straight forward. Run the tubing loosely connected to the power cable for the LED emblem with cable ties. Verify enough slack for frunk fully open, my install easily lay neatly when the frunk closed.

FYI, I would use more rigid washer hose line. I originally had issues with hose line slipping off and ballooning with cheap Amazon adapters and cheap hose. The below picture shows the junction I spliced into (near fuse box, unfortunately).

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. 20230804_071627

Last edited:

drag0n

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
Anyone know if installing this will void ford warranty?

VeganF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum
Ok so I installed the putco led emblem and my fuse location of 48 will not turn it on. Location 181 does but then the headlights will not turn off ever Any idea other fuse location I can use. I also tried location 22 and it also did not work Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks all

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Anyone know if installing this will void ford warranty?
It will not. You are protected by law that you can do some things to your vehicle and not void warranty.

VeganF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum
Ok so I installed the putco led emblem and my fuse location of 48 will not turn it on. Location 181 does but then the headlights will not turn off ever Any idea other fuse location I can use. I also tried location 22 and it also did not work Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks all
Figured it out. All good

Jsfrye

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat SR
I installed my Putco emblem about 7 months ago and like others now have terrible FM radio reception. Has anyone figured out a wiring method that doesn’t interfere with the antenna?
Sponsored