• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I really don’t see this as big news for Ford. Once that Supercharger to CCS adapter is available it will be available to everyone, not just Ford EV owners. What it sounds like to me is that Tesla plans to continue their predatory business practices by only allowing Ford owners account access to use the adapters.

Don’t get me wrong. If I get my hands on a Tesla adapter, I will definitely use it but that still doesn’t make me a Tesla fan. It does make me feel sorry for all the other CCS EV owners that can’t use the Superchargers because their manufacturers are not buddy buddy with Tesla.
You would not have an EV alternative if it weren't for Tesla and Elon Musk, full stop. Credit where credit's due. I'm no Elon fanboi but the anti-Musk stuff is ridiculous.
Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I'm no Elon fanboi but the anti-Musk stuff is ridiculous.
Really? Explain that to a Bolt or ID4 owner trying to drive cross country when all the Ford EV owners have Supercharger adapters.

Rbert

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla model S
Maybe Tesla can share software that makes Blue Cruise slow down for corners. My Tesla will slow down for speed reduced corners, my Lightning tries to plow through at full speed. Not good!

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Really? Explain that to a Bolt or ID4 owner trying to drive cross country when all the Ford EV owners have Supercharger adapters.

All 7 or 8 of them?

Let's get real here. Cross country EV drivers are a statistical non-factor in the market for the foreseeable future.

The vast majority of the benefit for Ford here is psychological (the rest is mostly regional). And it's a clear and massive strategic win for Tesla - the US #8 car maker who just got a big endorsement for their previously proprietary technology from #3.

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Electric, 2017 FFE, 2020 KiaNiroEV
It's available for SR battery trucks. There's a software activation fee, but SR owners can get Home Backup Power.
Dang! Really? Everything I saw before I ordered said that it had to be an ER battery :mad:

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
It's available for SR battery trucks. There's a software activation fee, but SR owners can get Home Backup Power.
Does anyone know what this fee is, and has anyone actually done it?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Dang! Really? Everything I saw before I ordered said that it had to be an ER battery :mad:
The ER came with the charge station pro, but Ford literature has always has a footnote that sr trucks needed a paid update to unlock.
It wasn't always as clear as it is now, but I remember seeing it on the promotional materials for home charging when it was originally published.

This is on the page with more info about home charging.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning to gain access to Tesla Superchargers! Get standard NACS port starting 2025! Screenshot_20230526-144448

BoomerRocco

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 5.0, 2023 Lightning Pro
Looks like Ford is definitely leaving open charging for the adapter. Seems not certain to be sent out free to all.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning to gain access to Tesla Superchargers! Get standard NACS port starting 2025! FordPass Notification

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Easy, I would tell them to write to their respective CEO and request that said CEO get their respective head out of their you-know-what and jump on the bandwagon.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I really don’t see this as big news for Ford. Once that Supercharger to CCS adapter is available it will be available to everyone, not just Ford EV owners. What it sounds like to me is that Tesla plans to continue their predatory business practices by only allowing Ford owners account access to use the adapters.

Don’t get me wrong. If I get my hands on a Tesla adapter, I will definitely use it but that still doesn’t make me a Tesla fan. It does make me feel sorry for all the other CCS EV owners that can’t use the Superchargers because their manufacturers are not buddy buddy with Tesla.
You’re missing the software side of this which is HUGE

Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
All 7 or 8 of them?
it’s more like 10s of thousands of them. Since most EV owners charge at home, the only time they even use DCFC chargers is on long trips. There are literally hundreds of thousands of postings on PlugShare where people are CCS charging on long trips, get your facts straight.

EVben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, Ranger
This is fantastic news.

As a former Tesla owner, having used that network, I’d pay a pretty penny for the adapter accessing SC for F150L.

Super chargers are in much more convenient places for my use and have always been more reliable.

Feels like Ford has taken some feedback to heart regarding how unreliable the current networks are and how with EVs the charging network is part of the entire ownership experience.

just hope it all plays out as presented because it’ll be a game changer for Ford EVs

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X
Doing a bit of backpedaling are we? EA and the Tesla Supercharger networks were just plans when they started but NEVI will be bigger than all the chargers of all the current providers put together.
Show me the numbers and projections for both.
Don't just spit out numbers you claim to have found and predict in your head.
Tesla is proving it. They also are prefabricating them to install them in weeks not months.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning to gain access to Tesla Superchargers! Get standard NACS port starting 2025! clZoZmn

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning to gain access to Tesla Superchargers! Get standard NACS port starting 2025! HLBLI46
Sponsored

Last edited: