• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Are there any options beyond going through the dealer for an interest only loan? I've tried searching a few times but all I come up with are descriptions of how they work or for home loans. I can't seem to find any information on banks or credit unions that do them for auto.

Note, I'm not buying anytime soon and just looking at all my options.
Sponsored

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
What do you understand the process is from here?
Send the executed buyers order to Parsons, they send you a Docusign package, you sign electronically, they generate a check. They'll send you a scan of the check and FedEx label if you ask for it. Luckily, my dealer let me drive off with the signed buyers order. I gave them my trade, that's it. They received the check from Parsons a few days later. Calling your loan officer until he answers is your best bet for a response at each step. They are a pretty small CU and literally swamped with applications.

EV Outdoors

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150. Ford Explorer
Send the executed buyers order to Parsons, they send you a Docusign package, you sign electronically, they generate a check. They'll send you a scan of the check and FedEx label if you ask for it. Luckily, my dealer let me drive off with the signed buyers order. I gave them my trade, that's it. They received the check from Parsons a few days later. Calling your loan officer until he answers is your best bet for a response at each step. They are a pretty small CU and literally swamped with applications.
Did parsons tell you they had to be listed as the lender on the buyers order? My dealership said there isn’t a place for that they only do it on the title.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Did parsons tell you they had to be listed as the lender on the buyers order?
Yes they did say that but my buyer's order did not show them anywhere. F&I did ask who the lender would be but it wasn't on the buyers order. Not sure if it was keyed in elsewhere. The cover letter that Pasons sends with the check has their official lien holder name/address stated for all title and registration docs.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Yes they did say that but my buyer's order did not show them anywhere. F&I did ask who the lender would be but it wasn't on the buyers order. Not sure if it was keyed in elsewhere. The cover letter that Pasons sends with the check has their official lien holder name/address stated for all title and registration docs.

I was able to get a hold of my loan officer this morning. He basically confirmed the process described. Send buyers order, sign/comfirm electronic docs, parsons sends check to dealer.

My dealer already said they won't release truck without full payment, but I will see if Parsons can overnight it.

Loan Officer did say to try to have lien info on buyers order, but it def needs to be on registration/title paperwork

Sponsored

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, 2015 Mustang GT, 2005 GX470
Did parsons tell you they had to be listed as the lender on the buyers order? My dealership said there isn’t a place for that they only do it on the title.
I just wrote it on a blank area on the buyers order and Parsons was fine with that.

That said, their funding department is running behind and I am missing my pickup appointment - going to have to push it to next week

EV Outdoors

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150. Ford Explorer
I just wrote it on a blank area on the buyers order and Parsons was fine with that.

That said, their funding department is running behind and I am missing my pickup appointment - going to have to push it to next week
Ok perfect thank you for that advice

newF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Almost there with my Parsons financing. I seem to be getting quicker response from them lately. I needed the buyer's order corrected as it indicated a to be financed amount much higher than I needed, the dealer didn't put in my cash on delivery\deposit so the Docusign I got from Parsons was for an amount much larger than I wanted. Waiting for the dealer to send me an updated order to send in. So almost there!

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
My dealer just contacted me after me having the truck for almost 2 months. Stated they need me to contact Parson's for the ELT/PA Financial Institution Number. I have reached out to Parson's but haven't heard back yet. Looking online, I only see a code for them in California. Anyone have to do this with their dealer?

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
My dealer just contacted me after me having the truck for almost 2 months. Stated they need me to contact Parson's for the ELT/PA Financial Institution Number. I have reached out to Parson's but haven't heard back yet. Looking online, I only see a code for them in California. Anyone have to do this with their dealer?
This same crap happened to me for financing in Massachusetts.

I reached out Parsons and they said they lend to Massachusetts all the time and were able to close the loan for me. It was a struggle on a Friday afternoon, but it ultimately worked out.

Sponsored

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
ELT/PA Financial Institution Number.
In my cover letter from Parsons they showed 8 different state ELT codes. Unfortunately PA wasn’t one of them. Were you able to close without the ELT, @Aspesi4 ? Or did Parsons have to come up with something?

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
In my cover letter from Parsons they showed 8 different state ELT codes. Unfortunately PA wasn’t one of them. Were you able to close without the ELT, @Aspesi4 ? Or did Parsons have to come up with something?
I closed without it. There's a list of acceptable lenders in MA with numbers, Parsons wasn't on the list. They just cut a check and it all worked out.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
These rate hikes are brutal. Most places are over 4% now, even my local credit union is at %3.99. Most of the bigger folks are close to if not past 5%. Supposedly there will be another rate increase in December. Trying to lock in a rate ASAP.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Parsons denied us also (820+ credit score), reason ? We had 1 hard inquiry within last 3 month. We went with EECU got an instant approval with 2.99% for 72 month.

Just try another CU
MYEECU.ORG did me good, they are in Fresno California and the vehicle will need to be registered in California.
To become a member you can donate to a teachers fund, when calling press 3 for loan dept and be patient they take a while to answer.

Ford F-150 Lightning Financing the 2022 Lightning Purchase - Add Your Options SmartSelect_20221104_041345_Chrome

Ford F-150 Lightning Financing the 2022 Lightning Purchase - Add Your Options SmartSelect_20221104_041628_Chrome
Sponsored

Last edited: