• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning, 2020 BMW m340
Mine shipped yesterday and arrives on Tuesday. I installed a different charger, so if anyone interested in purchasing, send me a message.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bogey928

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat ER delivered 6/3, MME GTPE, MME FE
Occupation
IT
yes, the truck COMES with a 30amp 240v MOBILE CHARGER EVSE - you'll be set and be JUST FINE with this charger - no 'need' to rush or worry about 'how' your going to charge - and YES, it comes with both a 'normal' 120v outlet adapter, or the NEMA 14-50 adapter male plugs. Even if you don't have ANYTHING special at your home, you can certainly still 'charge' your new truck with a simple outlet.
I think "fine" for one person may not be "fine" for another, especially when you are talking about time to charge. I will tell you based on experience that it takes quite a bit of time to take the truck back up to full with a 32amp charge when it is down under 50 miles. I have posted this elsewhere on this forum but I will share it again. I have a home in Maine where I have a Level 2 EVSE made by AeroVironment installed that was given to me by Chrysler when I purchased my 2017 Pacifica Hybrid. They were 6 months late and Chrysler gave us these chargers as an "oops sorry your van was so late". It charges the 16kw battery pack in the van up in 2 hours. When I got to my home in Maine it was around 10:30pm and I plugged my truck in. The truck was fully charged at around 4pm the next day. So if I was doing a quick trip to my home for an overnight and then I wanted to head out to Acadia or elsewhere in the morning with a full truck, that wasn't happening overnight with the mobile 240 charger. That's where the 80amp charger comes in. It will have the truck back up to whatever charge level you want in a much more reasonable time than what 32amp charging can give to you. I will give you another example with my Mach E. I drove it home from Maine back to my house NY. I had 70 miles left to spare when I put it in my detached garage. I didn't have an EVSE hooked up in that garage yet so I plugged it in with the 115v mobile charger. This was around 12pm on a Saturday. My Ford pass app told me I would be fully charged at around 2pm on Tuesday at that charging rate. So yes, because I have my van and wasn't planning on using the Mach E it was "fine" with me for it to take that long, but for others it may not have been. So yes the truck does come with both a 115 and 240 charging solution, and as long as you aren't in a rush to have a fully charged vehicle from close to empty then, yes, they are "fine". If you work with your truck or have a long roundtrip commute and go low on the battery and want and expect a fully charged truck overnight then those solutions aren't going to be fine. That's what the 80amp Pro Charger is for. Just thought I'd share my experiences. I have attached a photo of the EVSE I have in Maine.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro Unboxing and Install Guide EVSE-RS_MOPAR.JPG

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
Iā€™m in Bayshore LI and picked up in 6/6. Didnā€™t get any email yet. There was another white lariat also delivered in Bayshore with mine.
That was me. West Islip. I think you're the Chris who bought some fogs from us right? Small world, you got a lightning also???

OB121

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch, 2019 Expedition
That was me. West Islip. I think you're the Chris who bought some fogs from us right? Small world, you got a lightning also???
Not fogs but I did get an air compressor mount for my Bronco engine bay from your store.

Sponsored

Postman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Raptor, ā€˜21 Navigator, ā€˜21 GT500, ā€˜74 Bronco
6/2 delivery, not even an email yet, much less the charger itselfā€¦

klossfam

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat & 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I have done 5 or so 240v circuits and EVSE installs. I only have 150 amp service at my house and was not going to set up the whole house reverse power. Based on the install instructions, it's hard to tell if I could just hardware to my 40 amp circuit (with the 8/2 wire) and use as a 32 amp charger? I know it can be set to 32 amp output but want to know if I can just use as a typical EVSE like my Grizzl-E.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Bummer that it doesn't allow aluminum wiring. Not big enough the #1 aluminum.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I have done 5 or so 240v circuits and EVSE installs. I only have 150 amp service at my house and was not going to set up the whole house reverse power. Based on the install instructions, it's hard to tell if I could just hardware to my 40 amp circuit (with the 8/2 wire) and use as a 32 amp charger? I know it can be set to 32 amp output but want to know if I can just use as a typical EVSE like my Grizzl-E.
Yes. Set the hardware switch to 32A and youā€™re good to go. Refer to the installation guide linked earlier in this thread.

Sponsored

klossfam

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yes. Set the hardware switch to 32A and youā€™re good to go. Refer to the installation guide linked earlier in this thread.
Thanks. So I'll just be connecting my two 8 gauge hots and the ground like you would 3 gauge if doing the whole house mode. It doesn't really discuss less than 100 amp circuit connections in the install guide but that is to be expected I guess.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks. So I'll just be connecting my two 8 gauge hots and the ground like you would 3 gauge if doing the whole house mode. It doesn't really discuss less than 100 amp circuit connections in the install guide but that is to be expected I guess.
The AC supply always connects the same way.
If by ā€œwhole house modeā€ you mean backup power, those are DC connections - different set of wires to different terminals.

klossfam

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The AC supply always connects the same way.
If by ā€œwhole house modeā€ you mean backup power, those are DC connections - different set of wires to different terminals.
Cool. Thanks for that info and that makes sense as the AC charging circuit would obviously be a separate circuit to supply the vehicle. Giving my Grizzl-E Classic to my daughter for an outside install and just setting up the Charge Station Pro as the main in garage charger for my wife's I5 and my Lightning (when I actually get the Charge Station - I spoke to them yesterday and backlog is early July. I took Lightning delivery June 9.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Bummer that it doesn't allow aluminum wiring. Not big enough the #1 aluminum.
You can transition that last foot or 2 in copper to the hvse. . Check with your electrician.
thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
You can transition that last foot or 2 in copper to the hvse. . Check with your electrician.
thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing.
It's a great opportunity to spend a few bucks and put in a disconnect if it's not close to the service panel. If it was close, I would assume they would just use copper conductors.
Sponsored