• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Got three emails today. One from sunrun to confirm my address the second from Ford giving me $500 and the ev credits and the third from FedEx that my charger shipped.

I am having a local electrician do the work, need a 200amp service so he's going to run a 100amp breaker also will add a 14-50 plug.
Well I haven't been contacted by Ford about the $500 card or the 500Kwh EA credit. Is there a phone number that I can call?

I think I've finally sorted Sunrun out...now it must be Ford's turn.

Mike

Edit..I just re-read this...you're getting a 100A breaker...but you're having a 14-50R installed that limits your charger? Instead of hardwiring for the full 80A?

Are you sure?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carminus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Well I haven't been contacted by Ford about the $500 card or the 500Kwh EA credit. Is there a phone number that I can call?

I think I've finally sorted Sunrun out...now it must be Ford's turn.

Mike

Edit..I just re-read this...you're getting a 100A breaker...but you're having a 14-50R installed that limits your charger? Instead of hardwiring for the full 80A?

Are you sure?
No, I am having the pro charger hardwired and I am having him add a 14-50 plug off to the side as a backup.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
The installation instructions call for 100 lb weight capacity for the assembly which weighs around 30 pounds. I attached the backing plate to 3/4“ plywood outside my garage. The plywood is on a 2x4 frame attached to a brick fascia on concrete block wall. I used six 3/8” lag bolts 1“ long for the backing plate. The 100# requirement is no problem with this set up.
Then I notice that the plastic two piece box holding the electronics and is the support for the charge cable is attached to the backing plate by four 3/16 inch fine thread screws. I hope this meets their 100# requirement.
I think my mounting framework is over-designed. 😛
I hope to have the electrician wire it up this week. Should be quick work for him.

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Are town electrical permits with approved electrical inspectors required for EV chargers or just licensed electricians? I'm upstate NY. Is it different on HIS as it powers house. Seems that this could be limiting factor on installs?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition

Sponsored

Maximum Effort

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Self employed
Are town electrical permits with approved electrical inspectors required for EV chargers or just licensed electricians? I'm upstate NY. Is it different on HIS as it powers house. Seems that this could be limiting factor on installs?
Technically if you add any “new”electrical you need to get it inspected by a approved electrical inspector.
Depends where you live on whether or not electrician needs to be licensed. Would be a question for your local code enforcement.

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Is this a problem? (see explanation and photos below)

My CSP was installed yesterday and it works great and looks great. It's a 60 amp breaker with 48 (#5) setting. I have charged it twice and it feels sturdy and fits the wall.

The electrician didn't use the base (I think it is called the base or mounting bracket). I am not sure he even saw it.

Should I have him come back out to fix it or is this okay?

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro Unboxing and Install Guide IMG_6384
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro Unboxing and Install Guide IMG_6385

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Is this a problem? (see explanation and photos below)

My CSP was installed yesterday and it works great and looks great. It's a 60 amp breaker with 48 (#5) setting. I have charged it twice and it feels sturdy and fits the wall.

The electrician didn't use the base (I think it is called the base or mounting bracket). I am not sure he even saw it.

Should I have him come back out to fix it or is this okay?

IMG_6384.jpeg
IMG_6385.jpeg
You’d have to take the cover off and see how he secured it to the wall. It definitely wasn’t designed to be mounted this way.

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
You’d have to take the cover off and see how he secured it to the wall. It definitely wasn’t designed to be mounted this way.
Yeah, I sent him a text to see what his explanation is.

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado sold
Based on the pic, it could be that position of the electrical outlet box, the mounting location of the black plastic charger base, and the cabinet on the wall that prevented the electrician from mounting the black base.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Weird, I got an email from SUN RUN this evening asking me to verify my address, it took the same information as before and displayed my address of record, now I'm wondering if they are going to send a second FCSP ?!?

OP
OP
bogey928

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat ER delivered 6/3, MME GTPE, MME FE
Occupation
IT
Weird, I got an email from SUN RUN this evening asking me to verify my address, it took the same information as before and displayed my address of record, now I'm wondering if they are going to send a second FCSP ?!?
Same here.

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
You must have gotten the verification email we never received!

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Based on the pic, it could be that position of the electrical outlet box, the mounting location of the black plastic charger base, and the cabinet on the wall that prevented the electrician from mounting the black base.
Yeah, I am waiting to hear back from him, but I might just be okay with how it is, especially if everything is done right (it works well) and it is going to last.
Sponsored