• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Thank you. The only update I have gotten since I got the truck 3 weeks ago was the "you are ready for updates" message. Anything I can try to kick start the update process? I have connected to home wifi, set automatic updates every day at 1 am, etc.
You can go to https://www.earlyaccess.ford.com/ and sign up, but still no guarantees and with Early Access you'll essentially be testing before it is rolled out to all, so there is always a slight chance that could have a negative connotation once in a while.

There are really no excuses, but since we know that SW distribution OTA is new to Ford and if you read about the problems they've had with ICE and MachE early on, I'm trying to be patient, because the last thing I want is a bricked truck.

I've noted in a couple of posts how bad the ICE OTA's were, but there is some real indication those problems may almost be behind them. I'm trying to be patient at least another couple of weeks to see if we don't get PAAK. No consolation, but I want a solid roll out and not a botched one.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
You can go to https://www.earlyaccess.ford.com/ and sign up, but still no guarantees and with Early Access you'll essentially be testing before it is rolled out to all, so there is always a slight chance that could have a negative connotation once in a while.
I tried looking at my EA account ..... looks like IBM security is about to lock me out again..
This time I've learned, DO NOT log out of Ford Pass or restart my phone until this is resolved, SMH..
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-up 3.5.4 Dual Phones, Payload 1666379756206

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I don't know if this came as part of 3.5.3 or 3.5.4 or perhaps an app update on the phone, so I'll just put it here in the latest thread since I've discovered it.

For the first time ever my app shows the Onboard Scales and I believe all of the icons that should be there. I know this was a thing a few months ago, others reported that they never had some or all of these icons. I haven't until checking today. It could have been a release or an app update, not sure.

All I'll say is per the second screen shot it isn't doing a lot of good to have the icon.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-up 3.5.4 Dual Phones, Payload IMG_2423.PNG

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-up 3.5.4 Dual Phones, Payload IMG_2424.PNG

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator, F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-e
I don't disagree, but I think there had to be other modules that may have needed to be updated first and they have just juggled several priorities.

This is my thought process. The ICE truck SW was abominable and several trucks were bricked last year with SW. However the Lightning was steaming ahead and they needed SW developers to get things wrapped up so they ignored ICE and literally those guys had nothing for over a year while they got 95% of the Lightning SW working, enough for production to start (no PAAK).

Once Lightning started production, they went back and focused on the ICE problems as there were many. They got the ICE truck SW sorted out after a few months and started pushing updates for them. Then went back and got PAAK for the Lightning working in July and started putting it in new trucks. The last few months have been spent merging the SW and getting some of the newer updates in the Lightning retrofitted into ICE after getting their major problems fixed.

We are now just about 100% leveled with the exception of PAAK to older Lightnings. I would guess that should be coming along in just the next couple of weeks now.

No inside information, just watching the process and knowing what has happened with ICE, etc I think helps paint the picture.
lol if that's true then you sure do have a knack for that sort of story telling haha

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I just got a message saying that my update -- which happened sometime in the last 12 hours -- inclues PAAK. And PAAK is now listed as an option on the screen. I've not tried it yet (as I'm no where near the Lariat.)

Sponsored

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum Edition
Occupation
Criminal Lawyer
It’s odd because I have the paak icon, but not the smart hitch or scale icons. Running 3.5.2

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-up 3.5.4 Dual Phones, Payload 8FC998B1-928B-4BF5-95EC-C358A605397B

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
Just got this update about 30mins ago, after getting 3.5.3 last night, tested it with two phones connected, that works great as well as the onboard scale thru the app which is a cool add.

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just got this update about 30mins ago, after getting 3.5.3 last night, tested it with two phones connected, that works great as well as the onboard scale thru the app which is a cool add.
same, got 3.5.3 yesterday and 3.5.4 today

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Just got 3.5.4 as we were driving home from lunch.
Can't test the updated features until my Ford Pass access is unlocked, come on @Ford Motor Company

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Its good to hear they are rolling the 3.5.3 and 3.5.4 out to more people. Hope they get it to everyone. Perhaps they'll get the PAAK release out to more now in just the next couple of days.

Sponsored

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
Ford OTA Team: 833-926-3233 M-F 8:00 am to 11:00 pm EST, Saturday 8-8.

Maybe coincidence, but when I called a few minutes ago, there was suddenly an update downloading to my truck.

PAAK update installed, but only after I went out to the truck and turned automatic updates back on (it was on this morning when I parked). Installed and set up with no issues, once I deleted and reinstalled the FordPass app on my phone.

Edit: just PAAK, so I am still waiting on 3.5.3 and 3.5.4. Also had to restore all my radio presets and deal with the partial metric/imperial thing again. And Trip 2 odometer disappeared.

Last edited:
  • Wow
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I'll steal and reuse @TaxmanHog 's picture to show the version in this thread too. I'm on this same version after 3.5.3 and 3.5.4, I do not have the PAAK release yet.

Along with this release a couple of screen shots of some things I believe have changed and been updated in the GUI.

Prior to this I'm 99% sure I could not set charging limits for different locations in the GUI - it was only on the app. Also when looking at your connected phones previously it was a text list of the capabilities each had, now it is pictorial and you can choose what you want connected from which phone.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-up 3.5.4 Dual Phones, Payload 1666984120200

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-up 3.5.4 Dual Phones, Payload IMG_2449

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-up 3.5.4 Dual Phones, Payload IMG_2450

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-up 3.5.4 Dual Phones, Payload IMG_2452

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I'll steal and reuse @TaxmanHog 's picture to show the version in this thread too. I'm on this same version after 3.5.3 and 3.5.4, I do not have the PAAK release yet.

Along with this release a couple of screen shots of some things I believe have changed and been updated in the GUI.

Prior to this I'm 99% sure I could not set charging limits for different locations in the GUI - it was only on the app. Also when looking at your connected phones previously it was a text list of the capabilities each had, now it is pictorial and you can choose what you want connected from which phone.

1666984120200.png

IMG_2449.jpeg

IMG_2450.jpeg

IMG_2452.jpeg
In fact the charge settings have now been removed from the app - at least I can't find them on mine. This is why I charged to 100% a couple of times and finding this in the truck I now know why. I was able to set up my home at 90%. It was successful last night at stopping at 90%.

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Pathfinder
Ok, not on the Early Access program but received 3.5.3 last night. Now keeping my eyes open for 3.5.4 and a FordPass app update.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-up 3.5.4 Dual Phones, Payload Screenshot_20221029-114934__01

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In fact the charge settings have now been removed from the app - at least I can't find them on mine. This is why I charged to 100% a couple of times and finding this in the truck I now know why. I was able to set up my home at 90%. It was successful last night at stopping at 90%.
Im on 3.5.4 and I’m still able to set charge limits via the iOS app. It’s under the vehicle tab -> charging drop down -> charge setting -> preferred charge times-> saved locations: (before you save it, it’ll be under previous locations)

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-up 3.5.4 Dual Phones, Payload 4944E10C-4D86-416A-B82C-D17AB2D56230

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-up 3.5.4 Dual Phones, Payload E9C8D59B-BA69-461E-B298-8B47F7655826

I wish we could set a global/default for all charges because the above method would be a huge pain if you move around a lot. Side note, it took me like 3-4 tries for this to save properly. When I’m hooked in at home, I can bypass my preference and have it charge to 100% via the app or stop the charging early.
Sponsored