• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford pro charger solenoid is clicking on and off every 10 seconds. Anyone have this happen?

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I turned off PAAK. Yesterday. No-faults yet. But once I did my time setting went 3 hours back and some other settings unrelated to paak went nuts.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
So my second charger crapped out. It wouldn't charge any more. Just got my 3rd charger and it's been fine for a week except for the damn clicking. MY FIRST SECOND AND NOW 3RD CHARGER Keep clicking on and off like it initiates charging but shuts off just as it starts to push electrons. I noticed on my ford ap the charge time start cycles with the solenoids clicking. I'm pretty damn sure it's related to Ford pass.

My chargers have all been set to charge from midnight to 6am. Both manually and when I select suggested time based on service provider.

I'm stumped.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I wonder if there is an issue with your truck and its management of the delayed charge schedule screwing up the FCSP's?

Do you have any Lightning friends nearby who could plug into your charger to see if the clicking ceases or continues, and then conversely you plug in your truck to see if it causes their FCSP to go crazy with the clicking!!

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Good call. I'm acquainted with 2 guys. I could ask.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Mines doing the clicking again. Any time I’m plugged in and get the clicking from the FCSP the next day I’ll have the electrical drain and plug in to charge 12V messages. Definitely related. This issue comes and goes and I’m unable to pinpoint what is causing it.

Sponsored

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I've had a similar experience. No rhyme or reason that I can tell.

I've since switched to the Tesla Universal Wall Connector. I haven't noticed the issue since, but I think the Tesla's solenoid is quieter, so I may not notice if it it happens.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure the vehicle causes it rather than the charger.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
My truck has done this for the past few days. It's not the charger. It's the truck. It keeps waking up and the charger is doing its thing.

My work around is to hit charge to 100% in the app and then stop charging. Unfortunately, that means I have to press the resume schedule button after my charge window opens.

You hear that @Ford Motor Company ? I'm babysitting a $80k toddler because your software is crap. And this isn't the only issue. Your navigation sucks too.

My advise is to reassign everybody you have currently working on the Lightning software and reassign them to janitorial services. Poach anyone and everyone you can from Rivian and Tesla, and get this stuff fixed.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Happened to me once again tonight. FCSP clicking on and off. "Electrical System Drain message and "Plug in to Maintain 12V Battery" message in the app. Another thing I noticed while babysitting tonight was that in Fordpass, the FCSP noted “charging” with a pulsing blue icon while the app also showed "Plugged in not Charging" on the Home Screen. I checked the truck and there was no pulsing blue ring at the port, but the port light was on. The indicator ring itself was dark. The FCSP was pulsing blue on the wall unit. This is the first time I've noticed the FCSP in a "charging" state while the truck appeared to be idle. It's cold here, I'm wondering if there's an intentional low draw for battery warming that registers as charging on the FCSP but not on the truck?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
My truck has done this for the past few days. It's not the charger. It's the truck. It keeps waking up and the charger is doing its thing.

My work around is to hit charge to 100% in the app and then stop charging. Unfortunately, that means I have to press the resume schedule button after my charge window opens.

You hear that @Ford Motor Company ? I'm babysitting a $80k toddler because your software is crap. And this isn't the only issue. Your navigation sucks too.

My advise is to reassign everybody you have currently working on the Lightning software and reassign them to janitorial services. Poach anyone and everyone you can from Rivian and Tesla, and get this stuff fixed.
Click clack click clack !!!! @Ford Motor Company. Any advise? I'm going to be going through a 3rd Ford pro charge station. Neither of us want that.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Click clack click clack !!!! @Ford Motor Company. Any advise? I'm going to be going through a 3rd Ford pro charge station. Neither of us want that.
I haven't heard mine click and clack since I increased the amperage software limit to make sure it had plenty of time to make the charge limit in its window.

It's not the FCSP. It's the truck doing it. Exchanging the FCSP is a waste of time and effort.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I haven't heard mine click and clack since I increased the amperage software limit to make sure it had plenty of time to make the charge limit in its window.

It's not the FCSP. It's the truck doing it. Exchanging the FCSP is a waste of time and effort.
I know it's not the charger doing it. But I feel it's gonna break.

Can you rephrase the way you fixed it?
What I understood is that you raised the amperage via the ford ap. But I don't get how that would change the way the truck requests a charge... sorry I'm slow

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
I know it's not the charger doing it. But I feel it's gonna break.

Can you rephrase the way you fixed it?
What I understood is that you raised the amperage via the ford ap. But I don't get how that would change the way the truck requests a charge... sorry I'm slow
I try to time my charge to be done right before I leave for work in the morning. I charge from 11 p.m. to when I leave around 5:45 a.m.. I had the FCSP software limited to 48 amps.

Since it's been cold out, and very windy lately, charging at 48 amps was pushing the complete time up against my 6 a.m. charging window. I think if the truck is on the edge of completing its charge in the window provided, it starts a loop of waking up, initiating the charge, then going back to sleep.

I increased the software limit to 54 amps and haven't heard the clicking since. If you can't increase your charging amperage, I would suggest you open your window up to allow the truck to charge longer. This solved the issue for me.

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I try to time my charge to be done right before I leave for work in the morning. I charge from 11 p.m. to when I leave around 5:45 a.m.. I had the FCSP software limited to 48 amps.

Since it's been cold out, and very windy lately, charging at 48 amps was pushing the complete time up against my 6 a.m. charging window. I think if the truck is on the edge of completing its charge in the window provided, it starts a loop of waking up, initiating the charge, then going back to sleep.

I increased the software limit to 54 amps and haven't heard the clicking since. If you can't increase your charging amperage, I would suggest you open your window up to allow the truck to charge longer. This solved the issue for me.
Ah. I get it. I'm maxed out at 80 amps. I'm in San Diego so no cold temps here to worry. Just hot ass summers. I'm charging at midnight to 6am. Depart at 630.

I doubt that's my issue here. It shouldn't even want to begin charging until midnight. Even when I'm close to 20% soc

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Ah. I get it. I'm maxed out at 80 amps. I'm in San Diego so no cold temps here to worry. Just hot ass summers. I'm charging at midnight to 6am. Depart at 630.

I doubt that's my issue here. It shouldn't even want to begin charging until midnight. Even when I'm close to 20% soc
The next time you get the clacking, just to experiment, open up your charge window. If you have it set from midnight to 6 a.m., set it to 7 or 8 a.m. Or lower your desired charge level by 5 or 10%. I'm willing to bet it stops.
Sponsored