• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/10/ford-recalls-electric-f-150-lightning-pickups.html

This would appear to be good news overall given that Ford was able to narrowly identify the affected trucks. If you lucked out and got delivery right before the hold, maybe not so much.

I especially like this part…

A Ford spokeswoman declined to disclose how many trucks Ford has in holding that may have the issue. She said the company is "applying quality actions to already-produced vehicles with batteries built in this four-week window which we have been holding."

With that statement, I am hopeful that they have actually been doing something with my truck that was supposed be delivered back during the week of 2/6. It was bumped to 2/13, 2/20, then 3/21. My date hasn’t changed since they bumped it to 3/21-3/27. Fingers crossed. 🤞

MODERATOR NOTES
This topic is related to the older conversation located here, which has been locked to minimize redundant posts.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/notice-from-ford-battery-replacement-needed.14433/
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Yeah this most likely affects just the trucks that somehow made it's way to customers after the stop shipment was issued. I know we had a few forum members who took delivery then. It would be interesting to hear if they were affected. My date hasn't changed from 3-14 to 3-20 since they pushed it back the 2nd time a month ago. I'm hopeful, but also wouldn't be surprised if my truck is back at the factory and my expected delivery gets pushed back again.

I want to know what ford is doing to figure out what trucks are affected. Are they sending workers out to the railyard? I'd imagine just the process of determining what trucks are affected can be time consuming.

Last edited:

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Classic Friday afternoon news dump.

🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I'm assuming that all trucks built and awaiting shipment also had post-fire battery cell inspections but I'm just guessing.

Sponsored

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
18? (Snip) ”over a four-week period starting at the end of last year”

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
OK - we discover the defect pretty quick and we can look back at 2 months of production and are confident that only 18 had the problem - knowing the packs are already sealed shipped and in trucks.

I'm thinking I'm willing to meet anyone in Vegas - I'm taking the line that this is not the last we'll hear of this and the number 18 is just getting started.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I bet Farley just sent out a memo indicating effective immediately anyone making fun of battery pack assembly line workers’ Hairdo will be fired.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Recalling 18 Lightning Vehicles After Battery Fire 1678577583022

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
That is a delete. Excuseflation.
Sponsored