• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Peter P

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT
Via WSJ (Wall Street Journal) -- Market Talk Mentioned: F 1003 ET -

Ford said part of the corporate overhaul to create distinct divisions for EVs and gas-engine vehicles will include big changes in the way dealers sell cars. Ford envisions a new process that will result in a non-negotiable price for EVs and rely on customer orders, rather than dealer inventories, said Kumar Galhotra, Ford's president of the Americas and international markets. Ford will work out details with its dealers over the next few months, he said. Dealerships charging above the sticker price has caused tensions between Ford and its dealers in recent months. ([email protected]; @MikeColias)
Sponsored

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
Forget the dealers all together. For the price they charge for "delivery" I would rather fly out to the plant and take a road trip home. Gives me a little vacation for the same or lower price.

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
Forget the dealers all together. For the price they charge for "delivery" I would rather fly out to the plant and take a road trip home. Gives me a little vacation for the same or lower price.
Totally! They could also probably deliver it to most addresses and/or small towns for that price.

Sponsored

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Antimatter Blue F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Math
Yup. I would gladly fly back to my birth city of Dearborn to pick up my pickup and drive it back to Northern California to save $$$. I've done the drive across the plains and the mountains several times and I loved it.

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
[/QUOTE]
About Time this is the beginning of the end for those who like to take advantage
I sure hope you're right...It is just a matter of time . If they can fix this dealer "thing" before the 2023's start rolling out then I'm back on board. I WILL NOT pay ADM or for add-ons I don't want Period!
I figured that means Silverado or Ram down the road a piece. I really want the Ford.
Ok Ford,you've talked the talk now walk the walk...The ball is in your court..

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
While I was on the Bronco forums, I noticed a few who got fed up and bought a Jeep, or other truck after getting disappointed with last minute mark ups. If that happened to me, I would have never bought a Ford product again. There’s almost always a different tool, or service to get a job done.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I understand that disappointment, and even the bitter taste it can leave with you.
But I remind myself that it isn't the designers, engineers, assembly folks, or the manufacturer at large, that is attempting to gouge me.
If I have determined that the product is what I desire, then the challenge is to THWART the efforts of those attempting to steal my joy. Lol

Or put another way, I'd rather have the product parked in my barn in spite of the unfortunate obstacles, than look for pleasure in choosing a less desirable product as some kind of consolation.

Admittedly, I haven't always succeeded. But I've had a ball winning a few.

Sponsored

johnatuckeriii

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew AMB
Sounds great now but once it's implemented it's here for good and the end result will be no one pays less than MSRP ever.
And that's fine because at least you know what the price is... not a situation where "oh; we have 5,000 dollars in rebates only to find out later that you have to finance with their specific bank and your interest rate is 7.9% then you refinance and... (it keeps going)"

Set a price and stick to it.

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A Oxford White (on order)
I'm flying to Iowa and driving 1100 miles home to pick up my Tremor, will save me north of $8000.

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
You can thank the Teamsters Union for those delivery prices. Funny thing is delivery price is the same to deliver to a local dealer in Dearborn or a dealer in Hawaii.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Sounds great now but once it's implemented it's here for good and the end result will be no one pays less than MSRP ever.
But MSRP will be set to compete with other manufacturers. I really hate that we need to negotiate pricing and always feel like I lost, even when getting a good deal.

It is likely that MSRP will also change more frequently.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Looking forward to all the dealership defenders on here.
Sponsored