• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Software Requests for 2024

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I think you may have misunderstood. I want the message to go away, not the camera view.
I understood. I was trying to say my other cars with the camera view do not have messages. So I doubt it’s mandated by law to have the message.

For anyone interested, ForScan should be able to remove the message:
Sponsored

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
  1. An option to always engage the parking brake on park (rather than it based on pitch or whatever).
  2. Option to opt-in to auto high beams rather than opt out.
    1. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but what I've experienced is that auto HB is always on when you use the automatic lamps. You can turn off the auto HB completely in settings but you can't bring it back online manually with a button press.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Option to opt-in to auto high beams rather than opt out.
  1. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but what I've experienced is that auto HB is always on when you use the automatic lamps. You can turn off the auto HB completely in settings but you can't bring it back online manually with a button press.
Good Point. The high beam issue bothers me, I like the auto off portion, but it is tooo slow coming back to high beam for me. I travel secondary roads in deer country, and I want to have high beams immediately.

ccough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Geoscientist
If making a wish, it would be for a real-time battery usage display; i.e. the kilowatts being used (or replenished). My first generation Bolt had this, which was great for computing scenarios in my head and not feeling so reliant on the GOM. It also functioned to show me the charge rate in the vehicle when plugged in without having to access an app.

PS - I just got the Lightning earlier this month (finally... had a reservation back in June of '21) and have not been able to find this feature...

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
When I park, I want my truck to lock itself and beep the horn to confirm. I want it to let me know if I come up behind a slower car and to change lanes by itself like my Tesla. I also want BC to quit dropping out so frequently. I want a way to confirm that the air dam is working and a way to turn it off . I also want BC to work even if I wear a covid mask. A rural road I regularly travel has a 55 mph speed limit but my truck thinks the limit is 25. How about a way to teach it. I’d like a second chargeport on the right side. I have used the Tesla MagicDocks but to do this I need two adjacent charger parking spaces. I’d like a real-time digital readout of m/kWh so I could better adjust my speed to get to the next charge station. I would like the truck to give me choices of charge stations besides the ones with the green stripes. I wish the bed had vertical slots in the sidewalls like my 2013 F150 had, so I could use a 2x8 as a barrier to keep stuff near the tailgate. I wish the tailgate could open like my old Ford station wagons (flat or swung to the side. (Ask Ford designers to look at a Honda Ridgeline pickup to see what I mean.). And why couldn’t the fake grill on the Lightning be painted the same color as the rest of the truck?

I do like the truck and will cancel my CTruck reservation but the Lightning could be so much better than it is, and that means our Lightnings, not just the 2nd edition that you may launch in a year or two.

Sponsored

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
In my previous post I forgot to mention the cheesey plastic door that covers the actual charge port. Even though it is the same as on ICE VWs, it is a very poor design. I have sometimes had to use a heat gun to melt ice so it would open. I have never ever hadto do that on my many ICE Fords or other cars.

thunderbayterry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
My request is to improve the Sirius XM app! For inspiration, look at what Nissan did as far back as 2019.
1. I want to fast forward or rewind in 10 or 30 second increments.
2. I want the top row of my favorite stations to have the last 45 minutes of that station's broadcast QUEUED up in RAM MEMORY - RAM MEMORY IS CHEAP isn't it?

Rafis29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
I wish there was an option to disable the frunk button on the dash. Make an option so that the frunk needs a code or fob to open. Similar to valet mode but only for securing the frunk. I’ve already tucked away the manual cable release. Just worried about access to the frunk when I have sensitive stuff in there.

also #5 would be great.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
I wish there was an option to disable the frunk button on the dash. Make an option so that the frunk needs a code or fob to open. Similar to valet mode but only for securing the frunk. I’ve already tucked away the manual cable release. Just worried about access to the frunk when I have sensitive stuff in there.

also #5 would be great.
Are you saying only in valet mode to have a code to open it or all the time?

Rafis29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
I want an option to toggle an added layer of security for the frunk. similar to how valet mode is temporary. Not tied to valet mode in anyway because I don’t want the associated speed limitations

Sponsored

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Wow all this and nothing about the GOM? There's major work needed around all things GOM related. Seems pretty obvious their concern about owner range anxiety is out of control, so bad that they are increasing it!. Just tell us exactly what's going on regardless of mode e.g. trailer/no trailer. My engergy useage should go up towing. Just tell me how bad the damage is and let me worry about slowing down or charging soon. Hiding it by decreasing range by more than half when I connect a trailer is a really dumb idea and makes things more confusing.

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Priority Changes…

1) Take FordPass and throw it away. Steal 10 Tesla programmers and copy their App competed and just rebrand it as Ford, including Sentry Mode. Call it Shield Mode. Whatever.

2) Then go through the other important things on this thread and implement most of them immediately.

THX1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I have mp3s on a USB thumb drive. I want to see I want to see "explore device" at the top of the list, instead of scrolling to the bottom. I care less about the mp3 genre labels taking up space in the list.

THX1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
When a door is ajar, have the animation display the actual door that is ajar. It currently shows the same door regardless. My software is behind, maybe this got fixed?