• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Software Requests for 2024

Engelwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
While they’re at it, they should fix the drop shadow clipping on the climate off button.

Very minor, but this button is one of my most used, and it bugs me each time I see the left side shadow cut off.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Software Requests for 2024 IMG_6794
Sponsored

Gato Meoow

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Prius
Good Point. The high beam issue bothers me, I like the auto off portion, but it is tooo slow coming back to high beam for me. I travel secondary roads in deer country, and I want to have high beams immediately.
I have the same driving conditions but if you check i believe there is a setting to delay the auto high beam return, default was 15 or 30 sec, I set it to off.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
1. No time limit on remote start. Better yet, let us just turn on HVAC without turning other lights on.

2. For the six of us with massaging seats: either don't go to the seats settings page every time massage is turned on, or return to the previous screen after several seconds. Nobody wants to look at the seat page indefinitely.

3. Let me close the frunk with the frunk button after I lock the doors. If I lock my phone or fob in the frunk I'm an idiot and I deserve whatever consequences come to me.🤣

4. BlueCruise 1.3.
Also as far as the trunk is concerned, the keyless entry keypad is there for a reason, so I see no reason the external trunk button should be disabled unless all doors are unlocked. Besides, if they actually fixed the programming to work correctly, the trunk would be able to be opened from the keypad alone. To this day still doesn't function correctly. Tailgate does, but not the trunk.

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
I have the same driving conditions but if you check i believe there is a setting to delay the auto high beam return, default was 15 or 30 sec, I set it to off.
How do I set the high beams to come on quickly? Even 15 seconds (1/4 mile) is very slow. I actually would like almost zero seconds.

meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL
I understood. I was trying to say my other cars with the camera view do not have messages. So I doubt it’s mandated by law to have the message.

For anyone interested, ForScan should be able to remove the message:
Have you tried this? Because… oooooooooh

An option to always engage the parking brake on park (rather than it based on pitch or whatever).
Your post here made me realize this annoys me more than almost anything else because it’s not consistent. Always or never, preferably something that can be set per preference but I’d certainly settle for always. I still go for the button each time. It’s nonsense.

I don’t have much to contribute beyond what’s already been said. Dropping the skeuomorphic design language (that’s sooooooo 2013) would be visually appealing for sure, but honestly I’d settle for an ability to turn on (even just) the 240v outlet in the bed without illuminating the neighborhood and wasting extra power.

Sponsored

Biggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
PIN to start, just like Tesla has as an optional setting. Should be easy to add, since you can already use a PIN to start as a backup to PaaK.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance, Lightning Lariat Extended
I don’t see anything about that in the manual.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
How do I set the high beams to come on quickly? Even 15 seconds (1/4 mile) is very slow. I actually would like almost zero seconds.
I don’t see anything about that in the manual.
Is it this perhaps?

AUTOLAMP SETTINGS - VEHICLES WITH: 12 INCH SCREEN

1. Press Settings on the touchscreen.
  1. Press Vehicle Settings.
  1. Press Lighting.
  1. Press Autolamp Delay.
  1. Press a setting.

Gato Meoow

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Prius
Is it this perhaps?

AUTOLAMP SETTINGS - VEHICLES WITH: 12 INCH SCREEN

1. Press Settings on the touchscreen.
  2. Press Vehicle Settings.
  3. Press Lighting.
  4. Press Autolamp Delay.
  5. Press a setting.
Yes, but I goofed. This is a different setting for how long the lights stay on. My bad, sorry guys.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
...My first generation Bolt had this, which was great for computing scenarios in my head and not feeling so reliant on the GOM.
yes, the BOLT's on-screen RANGE estimator design is something that others could be using, as well, which gives the driver the 'top' estimated range, the 'mid', and the 'low', and offers a much richer 'quick' decision making when it comes to driving speed, what weather or terrain conditions will impact the drive, etc... just an overall 'better' way to show RANGE, versus just a singluar 'number'.

Sponsored

ccough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Geoscientist
yes, the BOLT's on-screen RANGE estimator design is something that others could be using, as well, which gives the driver the 'top' estimated range, the 'mid', and the 'low', and offers a much richer 'quick' decision making when it comes to driving speed, what weather or terrain conditions will impact the drive, etc... just an overall 'better' way to show RANGE, versus just a singluar 'number'.
Well-said. I really prefer having the numbers and had a much better feel for real-time energy consumption on that vehicle (which, ironically, had an almost identical EPA range of ~239 miles as the SR Lightning).

Ditto on having a 'high', 'middle', and 'low' estimate for the guesstimated range, rather than a single (likely, pessimistic) estimate.

Tom M

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2022 Kia EV6 Wind
Occupation
Pilot, Instructor
My software requests:
  • Eliminate location-based charging rules. Minor map/address inaccuracy led me to have a lot of issues with charge scheduling. Recommend: have user selectable DC and AC charging maximums. Allow the driver to set desired charge time of day. Give the driver the option to “only allowing charging during set time” or “allow charging outside of set time to meet desired % SOC by departure time (or end or charge window)”
  • For AC charging: give an indication of power input (kW). Allow user to limit input current to less than 100%, if desired (for example limit AC charging to 100%, 90%, 80%, 60% of AC charger maximum output). Give total energy input (kWh) for charging session and history of charging.
  • Allow users to initiate high voltage battery temperature conditioning to achieve ideal temperature for DC charging. (I’m trying to not muddy the waters any further with the words “pre-conditioning”.)
  • Display data about DC charging while DC charging. Notify users during charging what is the limiting factor (for example: “charging limited by DC charger” or “charging limited by battery temperature”). Give advanced users battery temperature (min/ave/max), truck’s requested current (for DC), charger supplied current (for DC), HV battery pack voltage, and total energy input (kWh) for this charging session. This will eliminate the guessing game of “is it the truck or is it the charger?”
  • Improved EV route planning with SYNC: allow user to specify desired %SOC at charger and at destination arrival (for example: arrive at chargers at 10% SOC and destination at 30% SOC). Allow user “templates” to be saved with route planning preferences. These will save/recall charge network preferences, % SOC arrival, max speed, max distance between chargers, DC charger kW minimum output, ect. These would hopefully prevent recommendation to drive 1 hour from my house and charge on an AC charger for a few hours before continuing on the road trip.
  • For trips planned in the FordPass app Trip Planner: if the user selects specific charging locations for a trip, don’t change them when loading the trip in the truck’s SYNC navigation.
  • Wireless Apple CarPlay has audio static/distortion when going from native Sync app to CarPlay (for example have FM radio on and respond to a text using Siri on CarPlay). This occurs even when a wired connection to the phone is used.
  • Wireless Apple CarPlay has connectivity problems after using CarPlay for more than about 20 minutes.
  • Include Apple CarPlay/Android Auto with the in the recently used apps
  • Include recirculation mode for climate control on the main screen vs. the sub menu.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I just want Secure-alert back. I don't understand why it was taken away to begin with.
Sponsored