• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FORD told me to Cancel my Blue Oval!

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Got the email below.
Ford said I need to Cancel and Restart my BlueOval services.
They said I own "pre-owned EVs", guess that is what I get for buying the mannequins :rolleyes:

Anyway, I called to FORD at the number list at the bottom of the email (not in pic).
Discussed it and she reassured me that that nothing would be lost in terms of kW and the trial period.
So I did exactly what the email states and it worked fine and still have the same active dates and kW balances.

So that is good but WHY? @Ford Motor Company Why?
Why can't you do this in the back end? :rolleyes:

Ford F-150 Lightning FORD told me to Cancel my Blue Oval! Blue Oval
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I just saw this as well in my email and also found it amusing at the "used EV" part (I also bought a demo unit, curious...).

I was wondering if this means we can get the EA member discount now??? Possibly, some update that they put in for the Tesla compatibility was non-compatible with the current version and that's why we have to recreate the account.

OP
OP
LUXMAN

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
I actually mentioned that whole EA discount problem and she had no idea that was a problem. I asked her to make the suggestion that they fix that for EA and Tesla and others with subscription plans.

Good luck with that

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Could you snap shot the rest of the steps, I have not seen this email ----yet-----.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can post the rest when I break for lunch if Lux doesn't get to it by then.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thanks you @LUXMAN
I used my desktop browser to complete this task.

FordPass 4.30.2 on a Galaxy S10e is non-cooperative on so many level!
I can't wait for the next version that a little mouse tells me is in beta testing now!!

Ford F-150 Lightning FORD told me to Cancel my Blue Oval! 1698777921315

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Thanks you @LUXMAN
I used my desktop browser to complete this task.

FordPass 4.30.2 on a Galaxy S10e is non-cooperative on so many level!
I can't wait for the next version that a little mouse tells me is in beta testing now!!

1698777921315.png
I got that same error the first two times I tried. Third time was a charm.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I got that same error the first two times I tried. Third time was a charm.
Well ... Well .... Well, three times clicking the X in the upper left corner did indeed do the trick, just another special dance around the mulberry bush to get this half baked version to do anything.

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Ford "urged" many of the dealers to put these vehicles into the FCTP program (what we are calling mannequins) so they could count it as a "sale". This would obviously skew the quarterly sales numbers if all of these Lightnings were in FCTP and had to stay there for 6 months.

And buying one does in fact mean you have purchased a "used truck" even though it had never been registered to the dealer as the first owner. That's why for all of you with former mannequins your warranty has been extended a bit longer than those who ordered and took delivery of "new" trucks.

OP
OP
LUXMAN

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Ford "urged" many of the dealers to put these vehicles into the FCTP program (what we are calling mannequins) so they could count it as a "sale". This would obviously skew the quarterly sales numbers if all of these Lightnings were in FCTP and had to stay there for 6 months.

And buying one does in fact mean you have purchased a "used truck" even though it had never been registered to the dealer as the first owner. That's why for all of you with former mannequins your warranty has been extended a bit longer than those who ordered and took delivery of "new" trucks.
Some got extended. One of mine did but not the other.
That said, if the dealer did extend it, like one of mine, I wasn’t able to buy a new extended warranty from Granger like I did on the un-extended truck

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

As long as it counts as new in the eye's of the IRS, I'm cool with it.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some got extended. One of mine did but not the other.
That said, if the dealer did extend it, like one of mine, I wasn’t able to buy a new extended warranty from Granger like I did on the un-extended truck
I got mine extended and recently purchased an ESP from Granger without problems. I wonder why you can't, did someone tell you that it wasn't eligible?

OP
OP
LUXMAN

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
I got mine extended and recently purchased an ESP from Granger without problems. I wonder why you can't, did someone tell you that it wasn't eligible?
The girl at Granger said they cant stack another warranty. I guess I could give her another call.
Sponsored