• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass and charging NOW?

pullinggs

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Simple question. I want the truck to charge right now. I need it to ignore departure times, charge schedules, and everything else because changing them gets me "try again later." FordPass has a "Charge to 100%" button, but all I get is "try again later."

How is it possible that there isn't a "Charge NOW" button in the truck??? What am I missing?
Sponsored

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Try doing something simple on the app, like locking the doors.. just to wake up the truck. Then try the 100% button again. I think there is a one-time charge button in the trucks

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
And, just to give you an option that doesn't require three app. Turn truck on. Set the one time charge limit to 100%. Turn truck off. It will immediately start charging.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Assuming there is a COMM issue with your device or the FP system

Go out to the parking lot
Get in the truck
Turn on the truck
Goto the Charging screen, disable the limiting rules.
Turn off the truck, let it charge.

OP
OP

pullinggs

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Tried turning it on and off. Tried unplugging, plugging back in. No change.

This isn't really a request for help. It's a request for Ford to rethink their user interface design. Unless you have good internet/cellular connectivity, you are crippled. It wouldn't be the end of the world if a connection to the app was required to do something trivial, but I can't charge the vehicle until FordPass connects on my phone?

Sponsored
OP
OP

pullinggs

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
And, just to give you an option that doesn't require three app. Turn truck on. Set the one time charge limit to 100%. Turn truck off. It will immediately start charging.
Tried that. No joy.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Does your EVSE have it's own controls / rules???

OP
OP

pullinggs

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Go out to the parking lot
Get in the truck
Turn on the truck
Goto the Charging screen, disable the limiting rules.
Turn off the truck, let it charge.
First thing I tried...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
You've done everything I would do to resolve this issue.

I don't know if Ford is entertaining a bluetooth function for access & control of the charging schedules, but that could be a path around limited cell phone data services.

BTW, have you tried rebooting your phone?

Sponsored
OP
OP

pullinggs

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Should have started with... I'm at home, 80% charged per my normal settings. I'd like to bump it up to 100% as I had a trip pop up unexpectedly. Cell coverage here is very poor. I have a "charge to 100%" button in FordPass, but it's greyed out/not active.

I tried all the things in the truck, but nothing seems to make any difference. It has decided that 80% is what I get no matter want I want it to do. I'll live with it, but it's frustrating.

I've done GUI design. There should be a simple, clean, intuitive charge screen that allows someone in the truck to override everything that isn't a huge safety risk.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Should have started with... I'm at home, 80% charged per my normal settings. I'd like to bump it up to 100% as I had a trip pop up unexpectedly. Cell coverage here is very poor. I have a "charge to 100%" button in FordPass, but it's greyed out/not active.

I tried all the things in the truck, but nothing seems to make any difference. It has decided that 80% is what I get no matter want I want it to do. I'll live with it, but it's frustrating.

I've done GUI design. There should be a simple, clean, intuitive charge screen that allows someone in the truck to override everything that isn't a huge safety risk.
You need to have a fob or PAAK device to [enable] editing of the SYNC record.

I agree the GUI could stand for many improvements around the charge controls and records management.

Last week we had a 4 hour functional outage, thinking we might have a new incident, I tested my ability use FP to edit my scheme and the request took nearly a minute but did succeed, so systems are up and your experience is isolated.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
On the home screen of your truck in FordPass, what does the banner on the bottom of the screen say right now?

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible

I did that just other day from my phone. Truck was in the garage, and it was plugged in. It was cold and snowy so to be safe and thought a full charge would be good. I hit "charge to 100%" and it did it.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
OP, there was a Fordpass update that I received about 2 weeks ago. The update fixed the issue you are experiencing, as well as setting departure times in the app. Try uninstalling Fordpass app and reinstall the latest version.
Sponsored