• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Front sensor blocked

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I used to get this error regularly in my truck that I purchased in December 2023. About a month ago, the errors just vanished.
But when it was brand new, I would get this error once, twice, or three times a week.
Same sensor as the post above, coincidentally
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Who else has this issue? Seemingly it turns on when stopped at lights (with no cars around) or claims there’s something on the front right sensor.

Figured I’d ask before driving to dealer and they only shrug their shoulders at the problem.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
PM’d
It’s nice that they monitor the board, but don’t expect much help there.
I suspect this issue will vanish with an over the air update. But you’ll have to be patient, it could take several months before you start getting updates.
I brought it into the dealer for this issue, it was a complete waste of time.

Sponsored

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
Who else has this issue? Seemingly it turns on when stopped at lights (with no cars around) or claims there’s something on the front right sensor.

Figured I’d ask before driving to dealer and they only shrug their shoulders at the problem.
Car washes and life in Seattle cause this issue for me.

OP
OP

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Proceeded with dealer doing the IMPA update per FDRS. Then the tech says all the lights started going off and can’t get any of the modules to work and needs to contact Ford.

Got a loaner…and wow the Explorer is complete garbage. Feels like I’m driving in 2nd gear. Worst ICE vehicle I’ve ever driven.

Schroederhc1

First Name
Cordell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER, 1990 911 Targa
Occupation
Self Employed
It’s nice that they monitor the board, but don’t expect much help there.
I suspect this issue will vanish with an over the air update. But you’ll have to be patient, it could take several months before you start getting updates.
I brought it into the dealer for this issue, it was a complete waste of time.
Same experience for me.

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
When I brought my vehicle for this ford authorized the dealer to change the sensor wiring. Did they did that to yours? I have it schedule to go in this coming Tuesday.

OP
OP

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Proceeded with dealer doing the IMPA update per FDRS. Then the tech says all the lights started going off and can’t get any of the modules to work and needs to contact Ford.

Got a loaner…and wow the Explorer is complete garbage. Feels like I’m driving in 2nd gear. Worst ICE vehicle I’ve ever driven.
UPDATE: Dealer called and said I need a new gateway module. No ETA on when it can get to them.... Hopefully not one of these scenarios where I wait a month.

I feel I should have never brought this in as it wasn't a big deal, on the other hand if something were to go wrong it's getting fixed now.
Sponsored