• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Front sensor blocked

Schroederhc1

First Name
Cordell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER, 1990 911 Targa
Occupation
Self Employed
I have had the issue since I purchased mine in January 24. Took it in twice no dice. Iam hoping that an update at some point will fix it.
Sponsored

vicpache79

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
DevOps Solution Architect
I have had the issue since I purchased mine in January 24. Took it in twice no dice. Iam hoping that an update at some point will fix it.
What was their technical response?
They can’t just sit back and do nothing.
I’m taking mine in on Wednesday. I’m hoping i get a savvy senior tech looking at the problem.

vicpache79

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Well this is mildly frustrating, my truck was built a year ago, but sat on a dealer lot until I bought it last week. it hasn't had any OTA since I bought it.

Ford really needs to step up their game on OTA, I shouldn't be running into a problem that was fixed in software 5 months before I bought the truck!
I spent some time checking the sw update setting. No updates on this truck. It has no history. Please do post your results after taking it in for service.

Schroederhc1

First Name
Cordell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER, 1990 911 Targa
Occupation
Self Employed
What was their technical response?
They can’t just sit back and do nothing.
I’m taking mine in on Wednesday. I’m hoping i get a savvy senior tech looking at the problem.
Even with pictures I got the dreaded “can't repeat error” from the service bros.

vicpache79

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Heads up. Problem fixed on my end. Ford Store San Leandro here in Cali applied the following:

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...tning-equipped-with-front-park-aid-pdf.81249/

in addition several other patches. The blocked sensor issue is gone. The truck has not had any OTA updates in over a year. Not sure why. They had to keep the truck over night as the sw updates could not be interrupted (manual updates).

Best of luck everyone!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
Mine hasn’t been a noticeable problem as of late. I’m assuming ford had an OTA update. I feel some updates come through without notifying the driver

NeuroDawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I've had this problem since I purchased on 6 April. I found SSM 52161, which I believe is an update of SSM 52088 (if not, does anyone know the difference).

When I took it to my dealer and asked that they follow the SSM, they told me first that the problem didn't happen (they just didn't notice when they pulled it into the shop), and then told me that the SSM didn't apply and the Ford told them they needed to do a complete front-end tear down to further evaluate. Oh, and they won't cover a rental while it's in the shop at least a week for the tear down.

Suffice it to say, I brought the truck home and am hoping to get the OTA updates sooner rather than later in the hope that will resolve the issue.

OP
OP

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
I've had this problem since I purchased on 6 April. I found SSM 52161, which I believe is an update of SSM 52088 (if not, does anyone know the difference).

When I took it to my dealer and asked that they follow the SSM, they told me first that the problem didn't happen (they just didn't notice when they pulled it into the shop), and then told me that the SSM didn't apply and the Ford told them they needed to do a complete front-end tear down to further evaluate. Oh, and they won't cover a rental while it's in the shop at least a week for the tear down.

Suffice it to say, I brought the truck home and am hoping to get the OTA updates sooner rather than later in the hope that will resolve the issue.
Clearly a scummy dealer. If it’s under warranty they should cover rental during the work

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Paramedic
Mine hasn’t been a noticeable problem as of late. I’m assuming ford had an OTA update. I feel some updates come through without notifying the driver
I'm starting to wonder if mine has self resolved as well? But that makes me question the entire OTA setup, because my truck claims it's never had an OTA, and I even have it set not to install them automatically and to wait for me to select them. So I'm not clear on how a software issue would have been resolved....

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
If I understand the OTA process correctly, you can only impede "drive inhibit" updates, all the "on the fly" updates could still occur.
Sponsored