• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Front sensor blocked

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
Who else has this issue? Seemingly it turns on when stopped at lights (with no cars around) or claims there’s something on the front right sensor.

Figured I’d ask before driving to dealer and they only shrug their shoulders at the problem.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
SNOW?

OP
OP

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
IPMA module update fixes this. See the other thread on Front Sensor Blocked or the FDRS thread.

Sponsored
OP
OP

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IPMA module update fixes this. See the other thread on Front Sensor Blocked or the FDRS thread.
Gotcha, something I go to dealer and request this?

Schroederhc1

First Name
Cordell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER, 1990 911 Targa
Occupation
Self Employed
I have gone to the dealer twice for this issue, still not been resolved.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I have gone to the dealer twice for this issue, still not been resolved.
And I'll tell you why...the OASIS message the dealer service folks got said this was going to be fixed with an OTA update to the IPMA module in March.

It's March. The OTA hasn't been released yet...but the file itself is available for a tech to update with FDRS if they wanted to do that.

If somebody checks your VIN in FDRS right now, I'll guarantee you that you have an IPMA update pending.

Attachments

Schroederhc1

First Name
Cordell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER, 1990 911 Targa
Occupation
Self Employed
And I'll tell you why...the OASIS message the dealer service folks got said this was going to be fixed with an OTA update to the IPMA module in March.

It's March. The OTA hasn't been released yet...but the file itself is available for a tech to update with FDRS if they wanted to do that.

If somebody checks your VIN in FDRS right now, I'll guarantee you that you have an IPMA update pending.
Thank you!

Ayrshireman

First Name
Glyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Taureg and Subaru Wilderness
Occupation
Sales Management
Who else has this issue? Seemingly it turns on when stopped at lights (with no cars around) or claims there’s something on the front right sensor.

Figured I’d ask before driving to dealer and they only shrug their shoulders at the problem.
I had this front sensor issue for a few weeks now. Asked dealer to fix to no avail. Yes, I live in snow country upstate NY and makes sense that snow/ice would block sensors but even after multiple car washes sensors still don’t work.
is it reasonable to think that Ford would develop a feature (front safety sensors) that don’t work in poor weather conditions? It’s a major flaw in design and a safety risk that should be a priority for Ford to address.

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
It's not like this should be an ev specific issue. I would expect this issue could just as easily apply to regular f150's as well.

Nolander

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended
Occupation
IT
They did this TSB to mine the other day when I had it in for the other two CSP campaigns. I had recently just started getting the same error. They said it would take care of it and I haven’t seen it since.

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
So I took the vehicle in and they tried to update per the SSM and still no good. Ford told the dealer to remove and replace the wiring inside the bumper area.