• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Glitched Pro orders

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
It may use less parts, but Ford is only ordering so many of the unique parts that are found only on the Pro. Maybe they 'wont' order any more of those parts, so they 'can't' build them, but it's not like there are truck parts lying around the assembly plant and they refuse to build a truck out of them.
What parts are unique to the pro that aren't also on the ice truck? The grill is the only thing that I can think of. The base XLT uses the same 18" wheels. The ice higher trims get the same infotainment. The ice trucks share the seats and other interior materials. There are SR batteries in the XLT and lariat.

I think the truth is that they need to allocate pro trucks to fleet orders and not retail orders.
Sponsored

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
the radio the seats are also different

no heated mirrors or steering wheel <although higher trims lost them too but wires may still be there.

Vinyl floors

who knows what other wiring is missing from the pro.

No front or back light bar and I think the tail lights are not the same tailgate may be different

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
What parts are unique to the pro that aren't also on the ice truck?
Well, without a Pro in front of me, the only things I can think of are the grille, the painted bumpers, the charge port door and matching trim piece on the passenger side and the vinyl heated seats. I'm not sure but the center console cover matching the vinyl seats might be different too. There are probably different wiring harness for the base model too. Not much difference, but there is a difference.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Everyone should have known it was a risk. Ford was very open with the fact they had no more PROs available to order. If a person ordered a PRO using the "glitch" and lost their reservation, thats on them...
I could have sworn that someone (it may have been on one of Tim Bartz's videos) said that Ford announced that they might open up Pro orders later in MY2023. This was shortly after the first of wave of Pro's sold out.

So it was within the realm of possibility that Pros would become available when they did.

Seems harsh to completely block them out of a MY2023 order because of their mistake.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I could have sworn that someone (it may have been on one of Tim Bartz's videos) said that Ford announced that they might open up Pro orders later in MY2023. This was shortly after the first of wave of Pro's sold out.

So it was within the realm of possibility that Pros would become available when they did.

Seems harsh to completely block them out of a MY2023 order because of their mistake.
He said the XLT might open up.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)

Saying that they "might open up" is very different than making the jump to conclude that because some backdoor way gets you "in" means they were actually opened up.

Truthfully, did anyone really think Ford "intended" to produce more PROs than they said and the "glitch" was just some sort of test of the consumers will? Did they think they would outsmart Ford?

No.. I don't believe so. People assumed by "getting an order in" by any way meant Ford would be beholden to fullfill it.(Even if they had to build more PROs to do it).

Ford called their bluff. If you're gonna try to game the system, make sure you can handle the consequences.

Should they lose their reservation? I don't know. But I don't think its fair for them to get a second bite at the apple against people who played by the rules.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Saying that they "might open up" is very different than making the jump to conclude that because some backdoor way gets you "in" means they were actually opened up.

Truthfully, did anyone really think Ford "intended" to produce more PROs than they said and the "glitch" was just some sort of test of the consumers will? Did they think they would outsmart Ford?

No.. I don't believe so. People assumed by "getting an order in" by any way meant Ford would be beholden to fullfill it.(Even if they had to build more PROs to do it).

Ford called their bluff. If you're gonna try to game the system, make sure you can handle the consequences.

Should they lose their reservation? I don't know. But I don't think its fair for them to get a second bite at the apple against people who played by the rules.
I have a "glitched" order. I did "play by the rules". Ford left the build and price tool open and left the option to order available.

So here's my story. I got my invite on 9/7. And I am 99% certain that pro was still available for that first day under wave 3. Maybe I'm mistaken and it was just XLT, but I'm pretty sure pro was there for at least a little bit. Either way. I didn't immediately order because I wanted to speak with my wife more before finalizing the order. When I went back in the next day, it was no longer available, only XLT and higher and I wasn't going to order a $60k+ truck. I just said oh well and went on with life. Then a couple weeks later I was still thinking about things and went into the online ordering system and just wanted to look at pricing since things had changed some between 22 and 23 MY. I was in the build and price tool for the Pro just again looking at the price and comparing it to other trims and doing the math on what it would look like if/when I ever was actually able to buy one. Thinking about if it would possibly be a good idea to try and get ahold of a demo truck. Well lo and behold, when I configured the pro truck, there was an active 'order now' button so I said, hmm, and went through the process. Ford took my deposit and sent it along with my order to my dealer to confirm. Their system allowed my dealer to confirm my order and they were able to print an order confirmation sheet.
Any step in this process, Ford could have configured the system to say "sorry this trim / option is unavailable. They chose not to do this.
I didn't 'outsmart' Ford, I didn't 'game the system'. Nothing I did was intentional on my part to try to get around anything that Ford had done. Ford left multiple doors wide open. Whether intentional, or by accident, Ford allowed my order to be placed online for the pro trim. Then Ford allowed my dealer to enter that order into the official dealer ordering system. Then Ford has allowed that order to remain for over a full month without being cancelled. Does Ford know that my order exists and it was placed after 9/7 for a pro truck? Who knows. I'm assuming that someone at Ford, who watches these forums, knows these orders exist. I assume that they have told someone fairly high up at Ford, possibly Mike Levine, possible even Jim Farley. I'm assuming that whomever broke the news to Ford management either provided a list of these orders that exist, or shortly thereafter someone queried the database and found out how many of these orders exist.
I have not been contacted by Ford, or my dealer about my order. My order still exists. Could it get cancelled, sure. But guess what, anyone's order could be. Placing an order is not a guarantee that a vehicle will be built or delivered. It clearly states that when you order. Looking at people who have ordered bronco or maverick and still haven't gotten a vehicle after many who ordered after them is proof of this.

Now personally, I am fully aware that the truck I ordered in a 'backdoor', unofficial manner may never get built and I'm ok with that. My personal situation has somewhat changed since May 2021 when reservations were placed. For me, right now, the later the truck shows up, the better chances I will have of actually being able to keep it. If Ford builds my truck in the spring by some miracle, I doubt I'll actually be able to keep it. If it gets built, I'd expect it to be fall 23 or later as Ford estimated on the 'offical' pro orders for 23my I have a much higher chance of keeping it. By late next year or into 2024, the Chevy and Ram should be close enough that I can just wait for those options if I am able and willing to buy and the Ford order falls through.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I have a "glitched" order. I did "play by the rules". Ford left the build and price tool open and left the option to order available.

So here's my story. I got my invite on 9/7. And I am 99% certain that pro was still available for that first day under wave 3. Maybe I'm mistaken and it was just XLT, but I'm pretty sure pro was there for at least a little bit. Either way. I didn't immediately order because I wanted to speak with my wife more before finalizing the order. When I went back in the next day, it was no longer available, only XLT and higher and I wasn't going to order a $60k+ truck. I just said oh well and went on with life. Then a couple weeks later I was still thinking about things and went into the online ordering system and just wanted to look at pricing since things had changed some between 22 and 23 MY. I was in the build and price tool for the Pro just again looking at the price and comparing it to other trims and doing the math on what it would look like if/when I ever was actually able to buy one. Thinking about if it would possibly be a good idea to try and get ahold of a demo truck. Well lo and behold, when I configured the pro truck, there was an active 'order now' button so I said, hmm, and went through the process. Ford took my deposit and sent it along with my order to my dealer to confirm. Their system allowed my dealer to confirm my order and they were able to print an order confirmation sheet.
Any step in this process, Ford could have configured the system to say "sorry this trim / option is unavailable. They chose not to do this.
I didn't 'outsmart' Ford, I didn't 'game the system'. Nothing I did was intentional on my part to try to get around anything that Ford had done. Ford left multiple doors wide open. Whether intentional, or by accident, Ford allowed my order to be placed online for the pro trim. Then Ford allowed my dealer to enter that order into the official dealer ordering system. Then Ford has allowed that order to remain for over a full month without being cancelled. Does Ford know that my order exists and it was placed after 9/7 for a pro truck? Who knows. I'm assuming that someone at Ford, who watches these forums, knows these orders exist. I assume that they have told someone fairly high up at Ford, possibly Mike Levine, possible even Jim Farley. I'm assuming that whomever broke the news to Ford management either provided a list of these orders that exist, or shortly thereafter someone queried the database and found out how many of these orders exist.
I have not been contacted by Ford, or my dealer about my order. My order still exists. Could it get cancelled, sure. But guess what, anyone's order could be. Placing an order is not a guarantee that a vehicle will be built or delivered. It clearly states that when you order. Looking at people who have ordered bronco or maverick and still haven't gotten a vehicle after many who ordered after them is proof of this.

Now personally, I am fully aware that the truck I ordered in a 'backdoor', unofficial manner may never get built and I'm ok with that. My personal situation has somewhat changed since May 2021 when reservations were placed. For me, right now, the later the truck shows up, the better chances I will have of actually being able to keep it. If Ford builds my truck in the spring by some miracle, I doubt I'll actually be able to keep it. If it gets built, I'd expect it to be fall 23 or later as Ford estimated on the 'offical' pro orders for 23my I have a much higher chance of keeping it. By late next year or into 2024, the Chevy and Ram should be close enough that I can just wait for those options if I am able and willing to buy and the Ford order falls through.

I hope you get your truck. Just don't be surprised if Ford doesn't see things the same way you do. One look at the issues surrounding the mandatory option deletes should tell you Ford often does not communicate well as to any holdups on an order.

They could very well not have any intention of filling your order and be too busy with everyone else to let you know. I guess you'll know for sure is when/if its assigned a build date. Maybe you'll get lucky. If all you are willing to take is a PRO then there's nothing to lose, so hell yeah go for it. But if you want the get a truck fairly soon and want the best odds trying the backdoor method may not be best.

If you're acknowledging the method as backdoor or unofficial then it probably qualifies as not what Ford intended and thereby playing by the rules. Its like if someone props open a backdoor to a club and you bypass the line to get in and justify by saying "they left the door open"..when clearly your entrance was not the intent.

But hey, you do you. If it works out great, if not just don't be one of those guys moaning about how Ford done you wrong, gave you a "bait and switch" etc.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
During wave 3 the order page showed the pro as sold out. However if you clicked on the Pro information page and clicked around in there for a bit. Eventually some people got the order option to pop up which allowed them to place an order.
Did you need an order invite to place the order? Or was it open to anyone who went to the configurator, with or without a reservation or order invite?

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I think the manufacturing parts for different trim levels is sometimes much different than we imagine. Even if a single item, like that mentioned Pro front 'grill' is not available, then the PRO is not available. I imagine that it's much more than even that, though.

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible

So here's my story. I got my invite on 9/7. And I am 99% certain that pro was still available for that first day under wave 3. Maybe I'm mistaken and it was just XLT, but I'm pretty sure pro was there for at least a little bit. Either way.
The Pro was sold out by wave 3, the XLT was available very briefly and it too sold out.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
If Ford has already ordered and allocated parts for a certain amount of builds. Just because you glitched an order that doesn't entitle you to the truck that you knowingly ordered that wasn't available. I was invited 9/7 it was VERY clear they were sold out of Pros.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I hope you get your truck. Just don't be surprised if Ford doesn't see things the same way you do. One look at the issues surrounding the mandatory option deletes should tell you Ford often does not communicate well as to any holdups on an order.

They could very well not have any intention of filling your order and be too busy with everyone else to let you know. I guess you'll know for sure is when/if its assigned a build date. Maybe you'll get lucky. If all you are willing to take is a PRO then there's nothing to lose, so hell yeah go for it. But if you want the get a truck fairly soon and want the best odds trying the backdoor method may not be best.

If you're acknowledging the method as backdoor or unofficial then it probably qualifies as not what Ford intended and thereby playing by the rules. Its like if someone props open a backdoor to a club and you bypass the line to get in and justify by saying "they left the door open"..when clearly your entrance was not the intent.

But hey, you do you. If it works out great, if not just don't be one of those guys moaning about how Ford done you wrong, gave you a "bait and switch" etc.
I'm already not one of the bait and switch people. Does it suck that Ford isn't going in reservation timestamp order and making whatever truck people want. Yes. But do I blame them for wanting to sell as many $80k+ trucks as they can when they have limited production and know they will sell every truck they can build at pretty much whatever the price is. No.

Your club analogy is valid, however I present this alternative analogy.
I show up at the theater when they open and when I get to the front of the line, the sign at the box office says the balcony seats (priced less) are sold out. However I ask the box office agent the price for the balcony. They tell me that price and when I hand them some money, they give me a balcony ticket. The computer system allows them to ring it in and then prints out a balcony ticket. Now, when I get let into the theater, will there be an available seat? I don't know. But did I skip the line or use an unintended method? I guess that's left up to interpretation.
Sponsored