• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford cancelling EV orders?

Bigred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
My XLT was scheduled for mid August. Then got an email saying it was postponed without a new build date.

Just got an email today that it is built. So it looks like they're still building them.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My XLT was scheduled for mid August. Then got an email saying it was postponed without a new build date.

Just got an email today that it is built. So it looks like they're still building them.
Yes, and several of the August builds are starting to ship, keep your eyes peeled for that notification.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Words from the mothership, only stock orders that aren't marked as pre-sold are being canceled, no special orders are being canceled, these adjustments are to balance remaining production capacity to the plan year and making sure MY24 is able to kick off on time.

LightningLover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (E4X), F-150 Lightning (Lariat ER)
I heard from Ford that they have cancelled some dealer stock orders not submitted as pre-sold for MY23 as part of our preparations to changeover to MY24. These dealers will have the opportunity to re-order MY24 stock. No customer orders have been canceled by Ford.

More to come on MY24 soon.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I heard from Ford that they have cancelled some dealer stock orders not submitted as pre-sold for MY23 as part of our preparations to changeover to MY24. These dealers will have the opportunity to re-order MY24 stock. No customer orders have been canceled by Ford.

More to come on MY24 soon.
We can see the impact of this on the next 2 weeks of scheduled builds, they ramped the volume down from an earlier peak rate of 2997 BW-9/25, this should give them enough slack to get production flow back on track at the peak rate if not a slightly slower pace. 2885 would be sufficient to achieve the run rate of 150,000 per year.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford cancelling EV orders? 1696277531773

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I've also heard, but can't personally confirm that all Lightning orders in Canada, both dealer and customer are canceled as of now until further notice.

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
They need to up the quality checks which it sounds like they’re hopefully doing. There are several items on my truck where I’m not thrilled with how they were built but the dealer didn’t seem to want to fix most of it before delivery, and I don’t have time to waste having it in the shop. Then I also have to deal with my forward parking sensor that doesn’t like the rain, in Seattle of all places. Anybody else have a weird smell in their trunk? It’s almost as if it smells like the mobile charger rubber cord in there.

Sponsored

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Anybody else have a weird smell in their trunk? It’s almost as if it smells like the mobile charger rubber cord in there.
Since day one, now almost a year into it, I have smelled what reminds me of a hot batch of resin. I thought it was off-gassing of the new plastics products, but that should not last a year.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Since day one, now almost a year into it, I have smelled what reminds me of a hot batch of resin. I thought it was off-gassing of the new plastics products, but that should not last a year.
Wow, I have a similar smell. I’ve attributed it to a can of degreasing wipes I keep in there, but now I’m sure that’s not it. I Ed stored those wipes elsewhere with no smell noticed. I’m going to take everything out of the frunk before I take it to the dealer Thursday for the heated steering wheel refit and see what they think.

mme_and_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 Iced White, 2023 Lightning Platinum
I have a hold for a Dealer's order to build 10/8/2023. I emailed dealer and I'm waiting for the response. I don't know if this has killed my Lightning.

This article is dated: 2 October, 2023.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford cancelling EV orders? 1696367325568

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Your truck will be built as long as the dealer marks the stock order as pre sold pending build.

@FordVideoGuy might be able explain this more clearly than my laymen terms.

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
BTW we have a going thread discussing this news right here
Sponsored