• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel deletion and retrofit clarity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzter

First Name
Usman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
This is the form 2023 owners should sign at delivery. It says whether each item is retrofit or not. Hope this helps.
Currently they are removing heated steering wheels and deducting $140 off MSRP(unlike this document that states $50). This might suggest they will not offer a retrofit option.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150, 2020 Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Occupation
Asset Management
Heated steering wheels are part of the EPA test cycle and incorporated into the range number on the sticker.
Are you sure? This would imply that they can't take the heated steering wheel away without adjusting the MPG rating.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Are you sure? This would imply that they can't take the heated steering wheel away without adjusting the MPG rating.
That is why I believe that they will restore heated wheels as soon as available. Ford made heated seats and wheels standard for MY23 standard range trucks. It increased their EPA test range from 230 miles to 240 miles due to help in the cold weather range test. Info is buried in the forum somewhere, possibly from a Darren Palmer interview.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150, 2020 Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Occupation
Asset Management
I don't think the Pros have heated steering wheels. They do have heated seats. There is also no credit on my widow sticker for a loss of heated steering wheel.

Ford F-150 Lightning Heated Steering Wheel deletion and retrofit clarity 1674507208043

Sponsored

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Oddly the line item in my order summary called "Heated Steering Wheel removal" disappeared. Maybe the did get the chips?

jl06

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
I don't think the Pros have heated steering wheels. They do have heated seats. There is also no credit on my widow sticker for a loss of heated steering wheel.

1674507208043.png
My Pro was ordered with a heated steering wheel but like all others mentioned here, it was removed without advanced notice.

I was going to pick up my truck today but the radio would not work! They are replacing it.

Attachments

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
My Pro was ordered with a heated steering wheel but like all others mentioned here, it was removed without advanced notice.

I was going to pick up my truck today but the radio would not work! They are replacing it.
Heated steering wheel has never been an option on the Pro.

sheppy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I just got another delay in the delivery of my Platinum model. With the new delay another standard item has been removed. Seems like every time they update my delivery date another standard option has been removed.
So far the following standard items have been removed
Heated steering wheel -$140
On board scales and smart hitch removal -$650
Multicontour seats with Active Motion -$300
Advanced Security Pack Inclination/Intrusion Sensor -$50

I ordered the Platinum Trim model to ensure I got everything available I could get. The minimal amount of money taken off for these items seems to work in Ford's favor. I feel like if I had added these as options they would have come at a much higher charge then the credit they are giving me for being removed. At this rate who knows what's next to be removed. Nothing like going all in with a top of line model Platinum and getting a compromised truck delivered. A couple of these items are very disappointing to not have for the price I am paying. Mainly the heated steering wheel and the massage seats. Buy a Platinum and get an XLT seems to be the direction this is headed.

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
I just got another delay in the delivery of my Platinum model. With the new delay another standard item has been removed. Seems like every time they update my delivery date another standard option has been removed.
So far the following standard items have been removed
Heated steering wheel -$140
On board scales and smart hitch removal -$650
Multicontour seats with Active Motion -$300
Advanced Security Pack Inclination/Intrusion Sensor -$50

I ordered the Platinum Trim model to ensure I got everything available I could get. The minimal amount of money taken off for these items seems to work in Ford's favor. I feel like if I had added these as options they would have come at a much higher charge then the credit they are giving me for being removed. At this rate who knows what's next to be removed. Nothing like going all in with a top of line model Platinum and getting a compromised truck delivered. A couple of these items are very disappointing to not have for the price I am paying. Mainly the heated steering wheel and the massage seats. Buy a Platinum and get an XLT seems to be the direction this is headed.

Every 23 platinum has the same 4 deleted items so far.

it sucks because the platinum should be far away better then any other model but at this point you are getting better seats (but not messaging ) better audio , and 22’s, but 20 miles less range Everything else is the exact as a lariat.

my dealer has 3 available platinums now that have all 4 deleted and they are special orders clients have walked away from and have been sitting for a few weeks. iMO no one is lined up behind you to buy yours so I would try to negotiate. For $9k more than a lariat you’re better off finding lariat or hard balling your dealer. With all those deletes right now a platinum should only be about $2-3k more then a lariat until those features are available again.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sheppy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you for your response. Those are very valid points for sure. I had no idea there were so many Platinum's that people have walked away from.

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
Thank you for your response. Those are very valid points for sure. I had no idea there were so many Platinum's that people have walked away from.
Ha. Sorry. I corrected. 3! Not 43

sheppy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I thought 43 sounded a bit high

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
heated steering wheel and scales still being deleted on new builds? aren't we over this chip shortage yet?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.