• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I love this device!! BINIZE Android 13 CarPlay AI Box with Netflix YouTube

thunderbayterry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
Someone on this forum mentioned this device (I have since not been able to find the thread), but I just want to tell everyone how happy I am with this device! The Ford Lightning has such a beautiful touch screen, THIS DEVICE lets you really take advantage of that screen. It gives you Netflix, Youtube, and almost anything else that you want. It has a slot where you can put a separate SIM card in for internet (I didn't do this - I just HOTSPOT my phone) and it works great. This device has its own GPS so you can use other navigation apps.

It lets me do email, my Microsoft Teams, a Chrome browser, plus on trips my copilot can search for charging stations (Charge Assist won't work if you are moving which drives me BONKERS on trips).

I bought it on Amazon, it was $289 Canadian.

Also, their tech support was quick and very responsive using Facebook Messenger (Youtube didn't work for me right away, they told me to update it using Play Store and that solved it! I love this device!!

Ford F-150 Lightning I love this device!!  BINIZE Android 13 CarPlay AI Box with Netflix YouTube 20240308_110849
Sponsored

sr3jan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat
When I have tried a device like this in the past the UI was always so laggy that it was unusable. Have they finally fixed that?

OP
OP
thunderbayterry

thunderbayterry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
When I have tried a device like this in the past the UI was always so laggy that it was unusable. Have they finally fixed that?
I should also say that I plugged it into the USB port beside the wireless charger, and then I close the door over it - so you don't even see it.

Sponsored

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I believe that might have been my post. I have had the unit for almost a year now and absolutely love it. Works almost flawless for me without any lag. Some streaming apps require an initial reboot but after that reboot it works great. Great product.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
My need for a device like this is to entertain the car while charging. I found that my iPad with a nice rubbery case sits in front of the 12" screen perfectly. With that connected to bluetooth audio my needs are met. An iPad isn't much more expensive than these "Magic Box" devices, and IMO has a lot more utility, though I think if I had the 15" screen it would be a lot harder to have it mounted in a useful way.

jthiesse13

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Someone on this forum mentioned this device (I have since not been able to find the thread), but I just want to tell everyone how happy I am with this device! The Ford Lightning has such a beautiful touch screen, THIS DEVICE lets you really take advantage of that screen. It gives you Netflix, Youtube, and almost anything else that you want. It has a slot where you can put a separate SIM card in for internet (I didn't do this - I just HOTSPOT my phone) and it works great. This device has its own GPS so you can use other navigation apps.

It lets me do email, my Microsoft Teams, a Chrome browser, plus on trips my copilot can search for charging stations (Charge Assist won't work if you are moving which drives me BONKERS on trips).

Also, their tech support was quick and very responsive using Facebook Messenger (Youtube didn't work for me right away, they told me to update it using Play Store and that solved it! I love this device!!

20240308_110849.jpg
Do I need to have an android phone to use this? I have an iphone 14.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I have one like this (or maybe this one? I can't remember) but it does work great. I need to update it though cause I can't full screen the "carplay" screen on it (they run android but emulate carplay and use android apps)

Sponsored

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I actually put a dedicated sim card into mine so it's self sufficient. The only thing that doesn't always work great is Waze - it does freeze from time to time but I only really use it to watch tv - sports or netflix.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER

Turbodonkey

First Name
Johnathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired

20240308_110849.jpg
I use Carlinkit Tbox Plus and love it! Same thing, great for watching Plex

Turbodonkey

First Name
Johnathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
I use the Carlinkit Tbox plus. Basically the same thing works very well haven't had any issues with it. I use it the most to watch my Plex home server when I'm out and about.