• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Major Dawg

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Senior Wireless QA Engineer
Very interested in a final update on this subject.
I'm about to get my system installed in a couple of weeks with QMerit.
I purchased the HIS from SunRun separately, because they wanted an additional $5k for the install.
QMerit was $3.5K.

I already have solar and actually a L2 charger from my Chevy Bolt I installed a couple of years ago.

I have been using this system to power the truck for the last 6 months -I have not been in a hurry due to cost of the system and time to let SunRun/Ford get their collective acts together.

Now, that summer is almost upon us, the fear of power outages here in SoCal becomes more and more a reality and issue.

Looking forward to getting an update and providing another example of this experiance.
Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
My original charger was just replaced for this exact issue to include the cost of the electrician to perform the swap. I was able to isolate the problem to the WiFi module. Whole process took about 10 days, including reimbursement.
When you replaced it, did you have to tell Sunrun like you did when you initially activated the system? Does your home back up still work?

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER, Polestar 2, e-tron & Bolt
When you replaced it, did you have to tell Sunrun like you did when you initially activated the system? Does your home back up still work?
You have to remove the old FCSP and configure the new FCSP, so it breaks the FordPass app functionality. I am actively working with SunRun and Ford to get it resolved. As you’d expect, the process isn’t seamless.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
You have to remove the old FCSP and configure the new FCSP, so it breaks the FordPass app functionality. I am actively working with SunRun and Ford to get it resolved. As you’d expect, the process isn’t seamless.
Sounds like an expensive nightmare. But we are early.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Ironically, got a call from Sun Run (Colorado Number) and they had both inverter serial numbers in their system. They wanted to clarify that and it could potentially clear up the issue I am having.

But my main problem is FCSP losing internet connectivity so much.

Sponsored

Aminorjourney

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Chevrolet Bolt EV Premiere, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
I make dumb videos about awesome cars.
We have an update: SunRun is coming to the house on Wednesday next week to troubleshoot. I'm hoping that we're going to be able to get to the bottom of this. I should confirm that the Internet connectivity is just a theory at this moment, but given how sketchy it is about transferring, I think that *is* the issue.

It's so frustrating, because the truck itself is awesome.

Aminorjourney

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I want to reiterate that I do not hold Ford responsible, and that my guess work over the Internet is just that - guess work. I'm not an engineer. I think SunRun has behaved terribly however, and hope that they can fix my system... or replace it with something that does work.

I also want to reiterate that I paid full price for the equipment and installation, so I'd like to get what I paid for!

RTanton

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Platinum
We have an update: SunRun is coming to the house on Wednesday next week to troubleshoot. I'm hoping that we're going to be able to get to the bottom of this. I should confirm that the Internet connectivity is just a theory at this moment, but given how sketchy it is about transferring, I think that *is* the issue.

It's so frustrating, because the truck itself is awesome.
Great news Nikki! Hoping that they finally get your system to run as expected. SunRun has gone silent here for two months on our non functioning system that was installed in August 2022.

Aminorjourney

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
So... an update.

I was wrong in my theory previously.We had some engineers visit onWednesday and apparently the issue is likely a Bluetooth error.

v2h8484

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
So, Bluetooth comms is required instead of Wifi ... equally bad ... maybe worse due to shorter distance limitation. No public shared spectrum wireless comms can be depended on for reliable operation of critical control functions. Ford needs to use wired comms for such critical control functions.

Sponsored

Major Dawg

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SunRun - (844) 809-4320
Inverter - SN - the one on the large label starts with J or O (according to Sunrun)
VIN
Charge Station Pro - ID (on the package or inside of the cover on the unit)
Your Phone Number
Your Address
Your Email

Call the number - Option 3 is for HIS assistance.
Tell them you are registering your HIS system for your F-150 Lightning.

They could not tell me when the red X would disappear inside the FordPass App, but I will give them a few days.

I hope this helps anyone else in this situation.

After that goes away, I will update with a complete functional test of the system.
For now, the Charge Station Pro is charging the trunk, and the installation was professionally done.

Thanks to Q-Merit for contracting Trout Electrical to do the installation.
Thanks to Tom Moloughney from SoC for his insight and wonderful EV Content Videos.

Fingers crossed, by the time this is registered and working, perhaps the Bluetooth issue will be solved and the update available.

Thanks, Nikki for your latest video explaining what you are experiencing.

Last edited:

Kman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
My system was professionally installed, but I have never had a successful test of the HIS. I'm patiently waiting for the software update to go out, at which point we will test it again.
The whole situation has been frustrating and disappointing to say the least, but I'm chalking it up to being an early adaptor. If this OTA update does not fix it however, I think there will be hell to pay.

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I remember in January when there was a bug fix only a few weeks away... The hope has all but disappeared now. I think Ford is in a replan phase of their implementation of this whole "back up power to your house" strategy and we are the collateral damage. I have had my HIS for over a year almost. You would think that Ford or Sunrun could get their stuff together to resolve this issue in over a year. I don't want to call anyone anymore at this point since I have already talked to Ford for months and gave my serial numbers to SunRun about 3 times. In my mind, they both suck at what they do. Follow through on your promises

Major Dawg

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
During this thread, there have been several things mentioned that I think new members might need clarification on.

1. What Apps are required to configure, update, and manage this entire process for the HIS system, the Ford Charge Station Pro? There are several references to M Pro App.

2. When using acronyms like MSP, CSP, etc. Please assume the reader may not know what is being referred to, this makes documentation easier to understand.

Thanks

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
@Major Dawg What size solar inverter do have and was it successfully routed through the HIS? Being able to use my solar in a power outage is big reason for me going with Ford and the Lightning. I'm very curious to know how well they've been able to integrate solar with the HIS.
Sponsored