• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

key blade will not unlock doors

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Had my truck for a couple weeks and LOVE IT!!!! but... I discovered that neither of the key blades from my remotes will unlock the door. They will lock the glove box, but don't work in the door. Anyone else encountered this?
Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Had my truck for a couple weeks and LOVE IT!!!! but... I discovered that neither of the key blades from my remotes will unlock the door. They will lock the glove box, but don't work in the door. Anyone else encountered this?
Sounds like something got mixed up at the factory. Only real explanation that would make sense.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Wow, reminds me of a story told on a video by a former assembly line worker, all the keys fobs were out of sequence by one or more sets for hundreds of vehicles, wasn't Lightnings though, he said they caught it early and took hours to resolve all the mismatches

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Add this to the new vehicle checklist

OP
OP
davehu

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
am waiting for a call back on the CSP battery issue so when i schedule that I'll have them take care of the door locks. but if they have to replace the door lock module that would probably require changing the locks on the glove box and the console storage but we'll see

oh yeah, used the new Ford pickup and delivery service service again. Love that. That's service!

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
davehu

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
They replaced the door lock and gave me two new key blades and the master.
Unfortunately the EV certified technician was out sick today so they couldn't do the HVB software recall. not sure if I'll reschedule or just wait for the over the air update

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
They replaced the door lock and gave me two new key blades and the master.
Unfortunately the EV certified technician was out sick today so they couldn't do the HVB software recall. not sure if I'll reschedule or just wait for the over the air update
I’ve been through the same frustration with SW updates. There is no reason to require the EV certified tech to update software. The EVs use the same Ford FDRS tool to update SW as the ICE and hybrids so any tech could do it. My truck sat for a week waiting for the EV tech because my service advisor said that if the SW didn’t solve the problem he couldn’t hand it off to the EV tech. Their policy is that whoever starts the job has to finish it because the techs didn’t like to take over what someone else had started. I get that no one wants to be handed a box of transmission parts to reassemble but a software update isn’t the same.
Sponsored