• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tailgate will not open

bigmicah

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
So, my tailgate will not open, nor will it allow me to change it from Manual to Power in the Menu. When I try to open it just beeps three times and then nothing. I've tried everything I can think of, including pulling up the tailgate step and replacing (in case it is a sensor inside thinking that step is out).

Couple of videos below.

Any other ideas to check or try?

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
This is why I'll stick to the standard tailgate. If the power front truck doesn't work it's basically my truck now 😂😂😂

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
There is a plug underneath for if you need to take the tailgate off. You might make sure it is seated good.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

bigmicah

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Definitely unlocked. At your suggestion @GDN I checked the wiring harness and everything seems tight. Guess I'm gonna have the dealer look at it.

Reactions: GDN

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Did you ever get it resolved?

OP
OP

bigmicah

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Dealer believes it’s a
Did you ever get it resolved?
Nope. In and out of the shop… in fact, it’s there now and will be until at least the end of the week. They seem to be throwing parts at it.

• Sad

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
3 beeps usually means a failure of some kind in the locking mechanism from what I remember.

OP
OP

bigmicah

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Dealer has now had my truck for over two weeks. Has not been able to solve the issue and says they are working with Engineering to figure out a solution.

Sponsored

Straight2VHS

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE, 1995 Mustang 5.0
Keep us updated. My truck was delivered with this issue and the dealer was aware of this during inspection. They ordered a new tailgate module that should be here Wednesday. Holding out hope this will resolve the issue. I don’t think the module took the original programing on the assembly line.

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Mine is not opening and beeping 3x. Supposedly the latches got bedliner sprayed in them from a local shop.

Parts are, of course, back-ordered for 4 weeks.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Dealer has now had my truck for over two weeks. Has not been able to solve the issue and says they are working with Engineering to figure out a solution.
Hi there. This tailgate concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150 Lightning. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Straight2VHS

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE, 1995 Mustang 5.0
Curious if this issue was ever resolved. My tailgate now opens manually but I cannot enable power tailgate. The setting automatically switches back to manual so I don't have the power feature at all. At least the tailgate opens and closes now. The power part I could live without but would like to get this issue resolved.
Sponsored

• Sad