• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Keep in mind I'm not a dealer but it's funny when someone says, "I won't go to a dealer that charges over MSRP for a vehicle" I hear you, I'm the same way. However, there are ALOT more people who don't share those views and will go to a dealer and pay markup, depends on how bad they want a vehicle. Dealers know this and will let you walk away all day long. They will get their business; they always have and always will. The market isn't going to crash on vehicles. Two years ago we were all told there was a "chip shortage", now every vehicle sells for MSRP at a minimum. I can promise you this "chip shortage" is here to stay. It's all about business and making money. Welcome to the new era of no more haggling prices! Supply and demand wins every time.
I disagree.

The chip shortage is mass produced like any other commodity. That hasn't changed. There will come a time when we have more chips than we know what to do with. Whether that happens in 6 months, 12months, 24 months..who knows? But it will happen.

That and with recession looming there will once again be dealer stock and there will once again be discounts from MSRP. We are still working thru pandemic related "pent up" demand. Once that has cooled the market will return to normal.

Ford, GM, Hyundai/Kia etc have made a small move towards "build to order" but still retain dealers and dealer stock. That business model has not changed..yet.

History has told us that the car market ebbs and flows. Good times and bad times. High demand/low supply, lower demand/higher supply.

What do you think is going to happen when all these cars being "held" for chips hit the dealer lot? Manufacturers are cranking out cars as fast as they can make them.... what is going to happen when people either decide they don't want or can't afford all these new cars? Factory production cannot be sped up or slowed down on a dime and that only gets worse the longer and more complex the supply chain.
Sponsored

Last edited:

F150_Xpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Sprinter,R1250 GSA, Husky TPI, KTM 790
I'm in Iowa and I pay 6% in sales tax. I also traded in a 60k vehicle and only paid sales tax on the value difference between the two. Think around 1300ish total. I made out ok on the whole thing. Sorry it didn't bring what some of you were hoping it would. I have enough crypto/stock losses to cover the capital gains tax, so that's a good thing, I guess.

I honestly didn't think it would get to 95k, my reserve. It is just an F-150 that is fast as shit, quiet, and uses ohms law instead of dinosaurs to move. The Rivians will always go for more as they are unique and the Lightning doesn't stand out. I enjoyed it when other pickup drivers would notice and give a smile and thumbs up, but that happened like three times. Otherwise people just thought it was a new F-150 and nothing special.

Though the elderly lady that was putting her groceries away right next to me as I opened the Frunk and commenced emptying a full cart, as she just stared at me. I'm pretty sure she wanted to tell me that the engine won't be good for my groceries, but she was too nice to say anything.
That was worth it!
I was loading groceries in my Rivians frunk last week and an older woman asked me if I needed oil. I told no, all is okay and she went on her way. Same woman 🤔

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
Also, the guy that bought it didn't think he would get it for just 100.5k. Everyone guessed around 115 to 120.
He seems like a very cool guy and wanted an electric truck to go with the rest of his electric fleet. Glad it went to someone that is going to get a lot of use out of it! Also, his shipper was a cool dude and we shot the shit and I helped load up my baby.

One good thing that will come out of this, people that are genuinely trying to make a quick buck will now know the market tolerance for a Lariat Extended Range. So maybe dealers will realize they aren't going to get 150k for the same truck on ebay and not risk pissing off Ford for that little of profit.
I might put a few cars on Cars and Bids. What's the post auction transaction like ?

BoreBrotherBore

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
RF Engineer
I might put a few cars on Cars and Bids. What's the post auction transaction like ?
Was super easy. Buyer had his bank wire my bank to pay off the remainder of my loan, then he Paypal 'friends and family' me the remainder of the money. My bank showed my loan paid off before the end of the day.
He had a shipper here by noon of the following day. All I did was print off a bill of sale, odometer and damage statement. When my credit union sends me the title I will just sign it and next day mail it to him.
Honestly the easiest time I've ever had selling a vehicle. Plus the staff at CarsandBids will answer any questions you have within 30 min and are constantly in touch with you during and after the auction. Doug did good.

Sponsored

BoreBrotherBore

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RF Engineer
Ford Lighting - Platium for sale on bring a trailer..currently 114k 1 day left..how high can it go..

2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum for sale on BaT Auctions - ending June 29 (Lot #77,428) | Bring a Trailer
Thanks for that link. I just looked at BaT and didn't notice that yesterday.

Funny thing is, I just got an email from Ford yesterday saying my expected delivery date has changed. From June 22nd to July 6th. I guess they haven't figured out that they already delivered said truck?

Oh and I got my Ford Charge Station Pro in the mail today. Now I have to figure out what to do with this thing. Guess I'll just try and sell it since that 1400$ came included in the price I paid for the truck.

BoreBrotherBore

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RF Engineer
This thing is huge, that is my 8 year old daughters hand for scale.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning for resale on Cars&Bids Untitled

4wheelforay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Thanks for that link. I just looked at BaT and didn't notice that yesterday.

Funny thing is, I just got an email from Ford yesterday saying my expected delivery date has changed. From June 22nd to July 6th. I guess they haven't figured out that they already delivered said truck?

Oh and I got my Ford Charge Station Pro in the mail today. Now I have to figure out what to do with this thing. Guess I'll just try and sell it since that 1400$ came included in the price I paid for the truck.

Shot you a PM if you're going to sell it. Thanks!

BoreBrotherBore

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RF Engineer
how do we know your daughter isn't just unusually small? maybe she's Ant Woman or something. 🤷
She is in the 0% for weight in her age group. That is the product of two parents who were both skinny as hell.

So you may be on to something. I would use my ruler, but it's only meant for measuring one thing. So the scaling is a bit off :sneaky:

Sponsored

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
She is in the 0% for weight in her age group. That is the product of two parents who were both skinny as hell.

So you may be on to something. I would use my ruler, but it's only meant for measuring one thing. So the scaling is a bit off :sneaky:
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning for resale on Cars&Bids Wes

WFordKid

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Accounting
Ford Lighting - Platium for sale on bring a trailer..currently 114k 1 day left..how high can it go..

2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum for sale on BaT Auctions - ending June 29 (Lot #77,428) | Bring a Trailer
Bid to...yes bid to $128,000 and not sold..can you imaging if you were the bidder and saying to yourself ..well 128k...that should do it..and then still not bidding enough...how much do you think the seller wanted...after the $7,500 tax credit and +-93k purchase price..seems to be a pretty good return to me..

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Bid to...yes bid to $128,000 and not sold..can you imaging if you were the bidder and saying to yourself ..well 128k...that should do it..and then still not bidding enough...how much do you think the seller wanted...after the $7,500 tax credit and +-93k purchase price..seems to be a pretty good return to me..
I believe the seller said the reserve was in error and the bidder would be getting it, but still this is a lot of money for an F-150 with some large limitations....

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I believe the seller said the reserve was in error and the bidder would be getting it, but still this is a lot of money for an F-150 with some large limitations....
To quote @WFordKid on the buyer's thinking about the bid:
...how much do you think the seller wanted...after the $7,500 tax credit and +-93k purchase price..seems to be a pretty good return to me..
Seller sees bid:
OMG!! I can't believe I have a real bid for that much! I better make up a story to lock in those returns!
🤯 o_O
Sponsored