• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
So, I’m scheduled for some warranty items fixed in mid-October. What should I ask of my dealer to describe to them that I want this FDRS update performed so they know which update to look for and install?
Generally the WACM is updated on vehicles where an iPhone is getting very warm while on the charging pad but doesn't actually charge effectively. If that's happening to you then that's what you'd tell the service advisor and the tech would mostly likely respond by programming the WACM update.
Sponsored

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Following this thread since I use fdrs

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Generally the WACM is updated on vehicles where an iPhone is getting very warm while on the charging pad but doesn't actually charge effectively. If that's happening to you then that's what you'd tell the service advisor and the tech would mostly likely respond by programming the WACM update.
Your description is exactly what I’m experiencing with attempting to charge my iPhone and I will add this to my Service list. Thanks!

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
30 Sep and another update. I checked FDRS a couple of times earlier in the day as I usually run VIN checks for other folks. I decided to check one more time on the Lightning's VIN this evening and low and behold...a TCU update.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS Lightning_TCU_30-Sep-22

I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning after making coffee. I wonder if this is the update that allows streaming while you're parked? Like the 3.5.3.3 PowerUp that the Mach-E Early Access groups are getting? I'll post back with whatever I find.

Edit: All done and took about an hour due to the 'shutdown and wait' after the USB update takes place.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS TCU_Instructions

So I checked the 'Entertainment' section in Sync thinking I was going to see some option for streaming and it didn't look like anything changed at all. I am already at Sync 539 due to the recent APIM update, so I don't know what else may be needed to enable that like the Early Access Mach-E folks have now with their latest PowerUp. BTW folks that have Mach-Es and do their own FDRS are running the same versions of Sync as the latest Lightning builds. We're talking both '21 and '22 MY Mach-Es, so they are finally merging the different software branches so that we'll all be running the same versions at last.

Last edited:

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
I’m scheduled to get my truck today. What version should I be looking for when I pick it up from the dealer?

if it’s not up to the current version you have, can the dealer do the update there before it leaves?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m scheduled to get my truck today. What version should I be looking for when I pick it up from the dealer?

if it’s not up to the current version you have, can the dealer do the update there before it leaves?
The dealer is under no obligation to update any software not specifically required by a 'stop-sell' or recall. It is likely you will get the truck with a list of available updates that have yet to be installed.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Well if you don't drive your truck for a couple of days and you don't have it plugged in to the EVSE either then you'll find that your 12V (LVB) state of charge can get kinda low. Leave it long enough and it can get low enough that the next time you go somewhere that you find that your Sync screen is completely black and has to be rebooted after you drive for a couple of minutes to get the 12V battery charged back up by the HVB (due to load shedding). If it gets really, really low you may get messages about other things being "unavailable" for the same reason. But after a short drive and maybe turning off and back on the truck things come back online.

The 12V battery is the same dinky one used in the Mach-E. The truck still uses some current even when it looks like it's sleeping. So a few days of that and you find it's a bit low when you check it. I'm used to it on both the truck and my Mach-E.
In my case my IR cameras never turn off. Only reason I noticed they render my motion sensors useless.
easy to check - turn off truck use phone to shoot video, should work with camera too-I think.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
The dealer is under no obligation to update any software not specifically required by a 'stop-sell' or recall. It is likely you will get the truck with a list of available updates that have yet to be installed.
Seems like really bad practice. When you buy something new and receive it, one of the first things it does is update its own firmware. They could do that at the dealership in a matter of minutes. Should be part of the PDI, IMO.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
8 Oct and two more updates:
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS BCM-FHCM-8-Oct-22

I'm on a road trip but will see if I can knock these out tomorrow.

EDIT/Update: All done, took something like 9 minutes start to finish.

BCM is now revision NU5T-14C184-AAL, and the Front Hatch Control Module (FHCM) is at revision NU5T-14H121-AH.

Mike

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
8 Oct and two more updates:
BCM-FHCM-8-Oct-22.png

I'm on a road trip but will see if I can knock these out tomorrow.
The ICE trucks got some OTA updates - added a new 75th anniversary splash screen and a new rendering engine. Per sources though the rendering engine they got is already in the Lightning.

Sponsored

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Thanks Mike for the updates. Always good to know whats down the pipeline.

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator, F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-e
@Mike G Is FDRS the same as FORScan?

I ask because I just noticed a setting in FORScan for propulsion sounds and I'm wondering if anyone has gotten it work on non Platinum Lightnings:

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 1665734566274

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Mike G Is FDRS the same as FORScan?

I ask because I just noticed a setting in FORScan for propulsion sounds and I'm wondering if anyone has gotten it work on non Platinum Lightnings:

1665734566274.png
Nope it's a different program completely. FDRS is a Ford official product. FORSCAN is a product that seems to be based on reverse-engineering modules and code. I've used FORSCAN for years to do tweaks that allow 'features' that Ford hasn't enabled.

I haven't looked into the propulsion sound settings, as I tend to like my electric vehicles to be completely silent.

Mike

Reactions: GDN

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Can someone check whats my updates stack looking like? I'm like the only one without PAAK until today update. I have a a Sept build date, when everyone else seemed to have had PAAK since the July builds. 1FT6W1EV5NWG14422. I feel like I have alot of outdated modules based on the PAAK rollout. I know my sync version is pretty old. 22215 rev 528.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can someone check whats my updates stack looking like? I'm like the only one without PAAK until today update. I have a a Sept build date, when everyone else seemed to have had PAAK since the July builds. 1FT6W1EV5NWG14422. I feel like I have alot of outdated modules based on the PAAK rollout. I know my sync version is pretty old. 22215 rev 528.
5 Sep build according to FDRS.

Here's what it looks like this morning:
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 1FT6W1EV5NWG14422-2-Nov-22

Quite often if there is a GWM or TCU update showing those need to be updated for other modules or features to be enabled. This would likely happen via OTA. So I think that's what you're waiting for.

I think it's been mentioned before but the WACM (wireless charging pad) can only be updated by connecting to the truck with FDRS. So if you're experiencing iphone charging issues you'll have to have a tech update that in person.
Sponsored