• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Great! Another video about the ev truck battle.

Imo, the 3 trucks are in totally different classes/markets so comparisons are difficult.

What I can tell you is that the f150 lightning will give you way more for your dollar. So what if it is a half second slower in a quarter mile or gets beat out by 20 miles of range?

R1t is cute, too small for me and also very expensive. It's a capable machine and I like the design but the pricing is all over the map. Looks like in stock models are going for about 85k with the configure your own models at 100k. Honestly, the available now price is really good, R1t is my second choice.

Cybertruck is for the tech forward Tesla fans who don't really need a truck. Personally, i think it goes too far with features and leaves actual truck design secondary. 4 wheel steering is a must NOT have for any of my vehicles. Prices unknown but there aren't any dealers. Price estimate for comparison is 80k. The Tesla website shows a price estimate of EST. $76,390*. The * means: "prices assume est. gas savings of $3600 over 3 years." what a sheisty way to make your price lower, like wtf, just say it's $79,990 (est). Great example of why I won't buy a Tesla, ever.

The lightning is an f150, it's comfortable like an f150, has a normal box like an f150 but it goes a step further with full independent suspension and a sprinkling of new tech. The frunk is amazing and will be the biggest ever as aerodynamics come into play for the next Gen design. Walk out today with a Lariat 511a for 77k, that price includes a 5k incentive right now. Fcsp included along with a drop in bed liner and rubber tray mats and max tow.

The F150 lightning is still the champ.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I know I wouldn’t be doing this to my Lightning, especially if I had paid three times as much for it.

T3Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Great! Another video about the ev truck battle.

Imo, the 3 trucks are in totally different classes/markets so comparisons are difficult.

What I can tell you is that the f150 lightning will give you way more for your dollar. So what if it is a half second slower in a quarter mile or gets beat out by 20 miles of range?

R1t is cute, too small for me and also very expensive. It's a capable machine and I like the design but the pricing is all over the map. Looks like in stock models are going for about 85k with the configure your own models at 100k. Honestly, the available now price is really good, R1t is my second choice.

Cybertruck is for the tech forward Tesla fans who don't really need a truck. Personally, i think it goes too far with features and leaves actual truck design secondary. 4 wheel steering is a must NOT have for any of my vehicles. Prices unknown but there aren't any dealers. Price estimate for comparison is 80k. The Tesla website shows a price estimate of EST. $76,390*. The * means: "prices assume est. gas savings of $3600 over 3 years." what a sheisty way to make your price lower, like wtf, just say it's $79,990 (est). Great example of why I won't buy a Tesla, ever.

The lightning is an f150, it's comfortable like an f150, has a normal box like an f150 but it goes a step further with full independent suspension and a sprinkling of new tech. The frunk is amazing and will be the biggest ever as aerodynamics come into play for the next Gen design. Walk out today with a Lariat 511a for 77k, that price includes a 5k incentive right now. Fcsp included along with a drop in bed liner and rubber tray mats and max tow.

The F150 lightning is still the champ.
I get why Edmunds has to do this but I agree these trucks don't really compete for the same buyer. Unless you use someone with tons of money to burn or a YouTuber as a "type" of buyer. The F150 is the actual truck of the bunch while CT and and R1T are lifestyle vehicles with some bed space. They should've thrown in the Hummer EV; that's probably the closest competitor to the Cybertruck.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
He must be desperate for clicks....
He has 8.5M subscribers and the video is doing better than many of his other new releases. It's his business, part of that is to create interesting content. From YouTube alone he's probably made $5k not including his own ads / Patreon. That probably covers the sheet metal work and repairs. Don't think of YouTubers as anything more than self representing businesses. Shooting his CyberTruck is meant to gather interest and grow his brand, part of that comes from the shock value from doing so and it will likely make him much more than it'll cost to repair.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
I really doubt that $5k will do much to repair the Cyber Truck back to new condition.

If they claimed you could drive it off a cliff without damage, would he do that too? Stupid.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I get why Edmunds has to do this but I agree these trucks don't really compete for the same buyer. Unless you use someone with tons of money to burn or a YouTuber as a "type" of buyer. The F150 is the actual truck of the bunch while CT and and R1T are lifestyle vehicles with some bed space. They should've thrown in the Hummer EV; that's probably the closest competitor to the Cybertruck.
I respectfully disagree. I am neither a YouTuber nor loaded and have owned 2 of 3 and had a deposit on the 3rd for a little.

Don’t ever discount the power of indecisiveness combined with FOMO.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
The F150 is the actual truck of the bunch while CT and and R1T are lifestyle vehicles with some bed space.
I’ve seen this repeated over and over. What is a lifestyle truck and what makes the f150 different than the “lifestyle trucks”?

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I’ve seen this repeated over and over. What is a lifestyle truck and what makes the f150 different than the “lifestyle trucks”?
While Rivian themselves call the R1T a lifestyle truck as well, the definition of one is usually different on the forums.

A lifestyle truck is a pretend truck that implies the truck is not actually a capable truck, that owners of the truck neither need nor use the vehicles capacity, and the bed especially.

Some examples of what my F150 Lightning is capable of doing that my lifestyle R1T doesnt are: Helping friends move a sofa in the bed. Moving a piano in the bed. Towing a 25’ camper. Carrying my JD mower in for service. And of course plowing my driveway…

Ford F-150 Lightning Edmunds Comparison: Lightning vs Cybertruck vs R1T IMG_3516

Ford F-150 Lightning Edmunds Comparison: Lightning vs Cybertruck vs R1T IMG_2839

Ford F-150 Lightning Edmunds Comparison: Lightning vs Cybertruck vs R1T IMG_2781

Ford F-150 Lightning Edmunds Comparison: Lightning vs Cybertruck vs R1T IMG_2842

Ford F-150 Lightning Edmunds Comparison: Lightning vs Cybertruck vs R1T 68885430765__35AFB57D-9184-401D-9F6F-377CAB0CD07A

Maybe I just have a weird lifestyle..

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
He must be desperate for clicks....
All I know is that I can’t afford to do dumb stuff like this.
People think YouTubers are rich…Not this one!

I’ve only got the Lightning because we needed an electric truck that could do camera toting, chase shot filming, animal stuff hauling, dirt slinging and wood carrying…

and back up our rural house power. LOL.

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
He has 8.5M subscribers and the video is doing better than many of his other new releases. It's his business, part of that is to create interesting content. From YouTube alone he's probably made $5k not including his own ads / Patreon. That probably covers the sheet metal work and repairs. Don't think of YouTubers as anything more than self representing businesses. Shooting his CyberTruck is meant to gather interest and grow his brand, part of that comes from the shock value from doing so and it will likely make him much more than it'll cost to repair.
He's made more than $5k. I know a YouTuber who has 300k subscribers and is pulling in 20k a month. If you have the subscribers and create fresh content, you can make a good living.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
A bunch of "Us vs Them" commentary. "Lifestyle vehicle" implies you'd be afraid to use it for real "truck stuff" for fear of scratch or dent. In which case my Lightning would qualify, this is the most expensive vehicle I've ever owned, so I baby it a bit.

I will say, Rivian likes to focus on outdoor adventure in their marketing. So they're happy to refer to their truck as an "outdoorsy" lifestyle vehicle. And to be honest, the quad-motor and slightly narrower wheel base, would make this more ideal if I was looking to do a lot of camping involving driving narrow dirt roads.

It's easy to say CT drivers are all Tesla fanboys or image obsessed and see the bed shape and other things and claim "not a real truck" but it's all "no true Scottsman" type stuff. It looks weird to me. It would probably suit my needs, but I find the F150L nicer to look at, and I really do like the giant frunk.

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
He's made more than $5k. I know a YouTuber who has 300k subscribers and is pulling in 20k a month. If you have the subscribers and create fresh content, you can make a good living.
Well that proves I suck at my job ;) I paid myself $12,000 last year
Sponsored