• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightnings for Sale on Cars.com

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
I saw that a local dealer (Long Island, NY) has 4 Lightnings advertised for sale on Cars.com. No price advertised.
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
A lot of these may just show up on cars.com through an automated process the same way they show up in dealer inventory when just in transit and are most likely customer ordered vehicles.

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
A lot of these may just show up on cars.com through an automated process the same way they show up in dealer inventory when just in transit and are most likely customer ordered vehicles.
this is exactly the case. my dealer once they hit a certiain point in production they are pushed online even if they are customer orders. its a Ford thing.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
While it's not exclusive to Ford dealers, it's a way to 'draw in' onlookers who might take to a new LIGHTNING... although a little misleading, for sure. I suppose even though some are 'customer orders', since the customer has not yet actually taken ownership, and could back out, this does allow the dealer to show it as an 'available' option, although not likely.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
I did not know what to make of this.

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
So I wonder if the person that has this VIN on order is wondering why the ford dealer has their lightning lariat listed at 101k? Or maybe it's a mannequin and the dealer has it listed for 101k to supplement for the 25k fine that ford will also them with.
If I were the person ordering that

That'd piss me off a bit!

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
While it's not exclusive to Ford dealers, it's a way to 'draw in' onlookers who might take to a new LIGHTNING... although a little misleading, for sure. I suppose even though some are 'customer orders', since the customer has not yet actually taken ownership, and could back out, this does allow the dealer to show it as an 'available' option, although not likely.
This 100%. In today's market, cars.com inventory is not a good indicator of a vehicle in stock. This is just a way to drive traffic and inquires...a guise to get you "in the door".(Oh how I long for the old days of inflated inventory).

What it *is* really useful for(if we ever return to normal) is to guess how long a vehicle stays on a dealers lot. My last car, (2019-- pre pandemic) I was able to talk the dealer down to $10k off MSRP because I knew the dealer had the car on the lot for 8 months and it had not sold. The sales manager was desperate to get rid of it. (Its been a great vehicle--2019 TourX wagon--GM didn't know how to market a station wagon..bad for them, great for me).

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
This 100%. In today's market, cars.com inventory is not a good indicator of a vehicle in stock. This is just a way to drive traffic and inquires...a guise to get you "in the door".(Oh how I long for the old days of inflated inventory).

What it *is* really useful for(if we ever return to normal) is to guess how long a vehicle stays on a dealers lot. My last car, (2019-- pre pandemic) I was able to talk the dealer down to $10k off MSRP because I knew the dealer had the car on the lot for 8 months and it had not sold. The sales manager was desperate to get rid of it. (Its been a great vehicle--2019 TourX wagon--GM didn't know how to market a station wagon..bad for them, great for me).
I debated between the TourX and the V90. The TourX was nice, but the deal on the V90 was too good to pass up. Both wagons are extremely rare, and I only saw the first TourX in the wild a few weeks ago.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Completely unscientific, but when use 500 mile search range , I put in CA Zip code it gives me 10 lightning matches, midwest gives me 100 matches and east coast gives me 60 matches. I realize these aren't in stock, but I suspect it could mimic the approximate delivery patterns.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I saw that a local dealer (Long Island, NY) has 4 Lightnings advertised for sale on Cars.com. No price advertised.
Our research study is tracking 10 NY VIN's 3 are DEMO models and 7 are special orders, all pulled from AutoTrader.com

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I debated between the TourX and the V90. The TourX was nice, but the deal on the V90 was too good to pass up. Both wagons are extremely rare, and I only saw the first TourX in the wild a few weeks ago.
The v90 is without a doubt more of a luxury/premium product..but also much more expensive. I got the TourX for steal ($10k under MSRP) because GM has/had no idea how to market it. You don't see many around.. it was overlooked. It a proper German Estate(wagon)..made/assembled in Germany(Opel Insignia)...with Buick badges slapped on. Looks and drives like the German car it is...

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
The v90 is without a doubt more of a luxury/premium product..but also much more expensive. I got the TourX for steal ($10k under MSRP) because GM has/had no idea how to market it. You don't see many around.. it was overlooked. It a proper German Estate(wagon)..made/assembled in Germany(Opel Insignia)...with Buick badges slapped on. Looks and drives like the German car it is...
I was aware that it was an Opel when I looked at it and was very familiar (favorably) with the Opel product from when we lived in Germany many years ago. Like your wagon, mine was also $10K off MSRP as a leftover 2018 model When I bought it in December of 2018. The interesting thing is that mine was one of the last 2018 US spec cars to be produced before the model year change over. And, at the time I was in the market, my local Buick dealer did not have that great a deal on the car.
Sponsored