• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I agree with you there. I really want to be about to interface with the dealer as little as possible but I'm worried about them surprising me with some sort of last minute markup. I wish there weren't so many dishonest dealers out there and we didn't have to worry that they were going to sell the vehicle out from under us. I understand now why people like the buying experience from Tesla. The price you pay is right there and that's that. Order the vehicle and it gets delivered at the agreed upon price. No added equipment, no sudden $10k markup.
It is always a good idea to build a good relationship with your dealer. Not only are they less likely to play games, they can really help you out of a jam if you need it.
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
It is always a good idea to build a good relationship with your dealer. Not only are they less likely to play games, they can really help you out of a jam if you need it.
Ok, so what I'm going to go spend several hours over the next few months playing buddy with a salesperson that there's no assurance they'll even work there when I get my truck? I don't have time to just go get to know my Ford dealer.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
This is the reason you go to the dealer and get signatures/prices/No Add-ons on paper

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/amp37634787/how-to-avoid-markup-broncos/

I mean to be honest some dealers don’t give a crap about your loyalty to them. If they have been promised $15k above MSRP they will do what they can to get that $15k whether it’s from you or the guy who’s on the bottom of the list who wants one NOW.

I go back and forth between staying local or just going with Granger…..:unsure:

Also, get a social media account ready and tag everyone you can including Musk if anything that you did not agree with goes on. The last thing Farley wants is shit blowing up on Social Media with their bread and butter.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Ok, so what I'm going to go spend several hours over the next few months playing buddy with a salesperson that there's no assurance they'll even work there when I get my truck? I don't have time to just go get to know my Ford dealer.
Forget playing paddy-cake with the sales person. But get to know the GM.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
I go back and forth between staying local or just going with Granger…..:unsure:
Contact Eric at Kearney Mesa. I had a Bronco order with him. I finally gave up on the Bronco due to the long delays. The Lightning suits me better than the Bronco anyway.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Contact Eric at Kearney Mesa. I had a Bronco order with him. I finally gave up on the Bronco due to the long delays. The Lightning suits me better than the Bronco anyway.
I’m already good with Encinitas, thanks though! I’ll keep them in mind if anything goes down on ordering day

Villageidit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 1500, 2008 Honda Element,
Occupation
Retired
Sadly there really isn't anything you can do to ensure a dealer doesn't pull a fast one on you and sell your ordered truck to someone who is willing to pay more for it. Finding a dealer offering a fair price whose word and reputation is worth something is the best we can do.

I was unable to find one that fit these criteria locally and am therefore willing to drive several hours to purchase from @Granger Ford as their reputation and price are both excellent.
Made my reservation with Granger for the same reasons. It'll be a nice road trip bringing it back.

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
Does anyone know of which dealer in NJ does not charge ADM? Or how can I find out?
My reservation is at Woodbridge ford and said they aren’t going about Msrp and possible x-plan pricing but wasn’t sure about that. “Have to see what ford says”

JerseyGlock

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
I confirmed with Mahwah Ford: no ADM and yes Xplan if ford allows.

All American Ford Paramus: will charge MSRP and will not honor X plan.

Waiting on Englewood Ford and Hackensack Ford.
Tom's Ford will honor X-plan!

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
Not surprised. Their YouTube channel reveals their culture and no-nonsense approach to selling Fords. It would not be convenient for me, but I might do business with them out of principle.
Thanks for the kind words. Mitchell does a great job with the videos. His love for the product comes through every time.

Sponsored

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Anyone have details on Florida dealers with No ADM and accept X-Plan?

I reached out to Mullinax of West Palm Beach where my reservation is and they proudly state no dealer fees in all their marketing and email signatures. But when I pressed my sales droid on X-Plan and confirmed no markups he mentioned up charges on Raptor custom builds which made me a bit uneasy.

Given others plans to travel to secure the best pricing at a dealership and try out the charging infrastructure road tripping home I'm willing to consider a broader net should Mullinax prove shady on Oct 26th.

Do we know if the build allocations follow our reservation timestamp and should follow us to whichever dealer we choose to place our order?

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
In case it is helpful to Long Islanders, Levittown Ford will sell for MSRP and was upfront on their fees. Cannot say the same for Saville Ford. Will be transferring my reservation post haste....time to stop the charade, it's October already.

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning preorder
Occupation
Network Security Engineer
For those in AZ, Earnhardt Ford has confirmed they'll sell at MSRP and will accept x-plan if offered.

vegas2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Fit
Corwin Ford, Reno NV - MSRP
Capital Ford, Carson NV - MSRP
These are within a half hour drive of each other or so. Northern Nevada. I'm on the hunt for better though within a few hours drive :)
Sponsored