• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards confirmed

OP
OP

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Stupid question. Does the Lighting only get stamped on the driver's side? If not, is the Lightning embossed on the fronts or the rears?
Lighting is embossed on rears only.
Sponsored

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
Do they fit better? I bought the regular F150 ones that my dealer said were for my truck and the fit isn't great.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
those rear instructions are bit confusing but I assume its easier the visualize with the parts. Someone post pics of it installed!

Do they fit better? I bought the regular F150 ones that my dealer said were for my truck and the fit isn't great.
"NOT approved for use with F-150 Lightning" is what it says on the standard f150 splash guards.

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
those rear instructions are bit confusing but I assume its easier the visualize with the parts. Someone post pics of it installed!

"NOT approved for use with F-150 Lightning" is what it says on the standard f150 splash guards.
Where did you see that? I walked into the parts department and told them I had an F150 Lightning, and that's what they gave me -- maybe I can convince them to take them back and swap with the new model.

JC688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Honda Odyssey, BMW M3, Porsche GT3, 911…..
They search by my vin and still ordered the F150 mud flaps with the ford logo instead of lightning. I haven’t opened mine, going to exchange it for the lightning ones. Dealer says those are special order items.

Sponsored

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Where did you see that? I walked into the parts department and told them I had an F150 Lightning, and that's what they gave me -- maybe I can convince them to take them back and swap with the new model.
https://accessories.ford.com/products/f-150-2021-rear-black-molded-splash-guard-pair

Says so right in “fits these vehicles”

Upstate

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning XLT
Ordered! Wish I read through the thread before hitting payment. I could have saved $20 with the discount code!

Still, I've been waiting for these as they were unavailable when the truck was delivered in September.

Griswold22

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
smart EQ, Honda Pilot
I installed mine in November. No drilling, installation is a breeze, perfect fit and function.

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I got my splash guards today. The fronts are a really quick install. I didn’t need the screws that came with them, the existing screws were just long enough. Each of them wen ton in about 5 minutes.
The rears are a little more time consuming, but not hard. I spent about 20 minutes installing the 1st side and about 10 minutes installing the 2nd side. Some of the clips were a little fiddly to get in the right place. Both front and rear fit great. They stick out a little more than I would prefer, it looks to me like they would be centered better on the tire if the wheel was offset a bit more outboard than the stock wheels. The offset probably makes them better splash guards, but there is probably a bit of an aero hit. I left right after I installed them on a 300 mile trip and they didn’t seem to have a noticeable impact on range, but there are a lot of variable this time of year.

RudeLightning

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning Platinum, 22' Bronco Badlands
"The product Part No: NL3Z16A550AA is out of stock. Please remove the item to proceed to checkout."
"The product Part No: NL3Z16A550BA is out of stock. Please remove the item to proceed to checkout."

Out of stock! I had no problem with the 14 day wait as noted, then I tried to click checkout and the above message displayed in red.

Hope they get more stock soon...

Sponsored

Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Sports Track, '01 Corvette, '15 Tesla S
I placed an order on Wednesday from FordPartsPro. Called today to double check everything was good to go. They told me to expect 6 weeks till they ship.

OrangeCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
Placed the order for these on Ford accessories site a month ago and they cancelled it saying out of stock. It doesn't let you order it anymore. Placed on order on fordpartspro.com last week. Nothing happened and no notification and when I checked with them they said may be 6-8 weeks but not sure. So I cancelled that as well. Just called my dealer (Angela Krause Alpharetta) parts department on Tue and gave them the part numbers. They said sure we can get them by Thu and indeed they called on Thu. Went there to pick them up, and what they got are ML3Z16A550AA and AB with Ford logo on the rear (not the NLXXX). But they insisted that they are the right part for my VIN (per their computer) and I can return if it doesn't fit. Installed them today. They "fit" so to speak, but not happy with the fitment. I didn't trim anything.

Since I am getting clobbered with rain and the dirt/mud shows easily on AM Blue, I've decided to leave them on. I may change them when the right ones are available.

Ford F-150 Lightning Mud Flaps / Splash Guards confirmed 20230127_144937
Ford F-150 Lightning Mud Flaps / Splash Guards confirmed 20230127_144944

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I installed mine today. The rears take a little longer to install partly because the instructions were hard to make out, pictures only, no text. A little pricey for injection molded plastic but they fit perfectly.
Ford F-150 Lightning Mud Flaps / Splash Guards confirmed A2EFE5CE-597F-4275-AE40-261C51014C66
Ford F-150 Lightning Mud Flaps / Splash Guards confirmed 94282C03-E6DE-4054-9479-96FF2245D767

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
This might be a dumb question but do the front ones keep the running boards cleaner? Mine are covered in sand and ice…

Rancheroni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Bronco 4D
I ordered mine from fordpartspros.com along with the frunk liner on 1/16. Got an email saying frunk liner was backordered. Splash guards shipped on 2/1. Should be here early this week (CA).

Good price on FordPartsPros.com but can't use fordpass rewards. Might use all the rewards on some pod lights for the bronco since these flaps were only $80 total for both pairs.
Sponsored