• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My charging wall design

Tomwilli2025

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Sales
I'm looking for thoughts and recommendations on my design/layout. FCSP is on the left, 14-50 in the middle and Sub-panel is on the right. The charging port on the Lightning is about 3 ft off the left edge of the FCSP. I will be using the 14-50 until the FCSP comes in. The bottom of the FCSP is 36" off the floor. Thanks in advance.

Ford F-150 Lightning My charging wall design PXL_20220711_002249303~2
Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Are you going to use metal EMT, or will you burry everything from the back? Keep in mind they will need to use a black painted board (special paint that resists burning, and etc) for the sub-panel. What do you have for your main - 200A? Also, do you have free slots for the 240 based wiring?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Keep in mind they will need to use a black painted board (special paint that resists burning, and etc) for the sub-panel.
Where does this requirement come from? It’s not in the NEC.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Where does this requirement come from? It’s not in the NEC.
Its NFPA, and its not needed per say, but depending on the inspectors, they might want it (intumescent paint comes in a few colors). Technically the panels won't get HOT, but warm. Also, its easier to mount the boards to the wall, and then add the panels.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Its NFPA, and its not needed per say, but depending on the inspectors, they might want it (intumescent paint comes in a few colors). Technically the panels won't get HOT, but warm. Also, its easier to mount the boards to the wall, and then add the panels.
Gotcha. The NEC is part of the NFPA suite, so it must be in a different one of their codes.
I personally wouldn’t be too concerned with this. Panels have 1/4” dimples at the mounting points, so there’s an airspace between it and the mounting surface anyway.
Sponsored