• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Kit2874

First Name
Kit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
I think this just shows, again, how bad the legacy auto makers are at software. This isnā€™t 2004. Scaling a web app to handle traffic is not magic.
I'm not trying to defend ford in this, but when you got probably. Tens of thousands trying to hit this website all at the same time... I don't care how well your scaling is. It's going to crash..

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER - Red
Any tricks to get this to work? I've been trying for nearly 30 minutes to get the "Connected Services" page to even load šŸ˜ž
Not sure if your doing this from the app or browser but the browser seemed faster for me. I did mine around 8am EDT though.. good luck!

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Not sure if your doing this from the app or browser but the browser seemed faster for me. I did mine around 8am EDT though.. good luck!
I'm sitting here refreshing app and browser same time. Connected Services pages crashes every time. I think I'm out. Been doing this for 40 minutes now. Maybe someone in Austin will be kind enough to let me borrow theirs for my road trip end of May.

Sponsored

vanceboyd

First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Very grateful for you guys posting this! I was able to log in and get mine reserved...but boy do they make you work for it! Their website must not have been quite prepared for all the traffic this is generating. Multiple website timeouts and crashes and restarts...took a good twenty minutes to get it done. Stay after it if you're trying! You'll get through!

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Not sure what my order # is or anything. Have not received a confirmation email yet. Site and Fordpass app are choking. But I reserved today at about 7:30 EST and that seemed to go smoothly and I was told my adapter is in production, but I din't really pay attention to anything else. Now I can't see if the order is actually there.

Kit2874

First Name
Kit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Ticketmaster does a lot more than that. This is a horrible way to treat customers.
Yea they do and there site crashes a lot too.......and if you think. That ford or any other car companies is going to scale their websites to match Ticketmaster volume well I don't know what to tell you....

I see I lot of people on this thread have no idea how webservers work

Sponsored

COPowderSkier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning XLT SR
I'm not trying to defend ford in this, but when you got probably. Tens of thousands trying to hit this website all at the same time... I don't care how well your scaling is. It's going to crash..
I build and help scale sites to handle magnitudes more traffic than this (Iā€™ve done sites for a few SuperBowl commercials in the recent past). You can tell from the order numbers being reported what the traffic scale is. Like I said, not exactly rocket science at this point.

In any case, itā€™s frustrating. Ford had to know the demand was there.

bmw325_num99

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone found it on the Parts.ford.com site? Thinking I might just order it and pay out of pocket.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Yea they do and there site crashes a lot too.......and if you think. That ford or any other car companies is going to scale their websites to match Ticketmaster volume well I don't know what to tell you....

I see I lot of people on this thread have no idea how webservers work
So youā€™re going to attack people who think that Ford should have done better. Thatā€™s so helpful. Thank you!

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
UPDATED WITH PRESS RELEASE:

creenshot-2024-02-29-at-5-27-42-e2-80-afam-png-png.png

Today, Ford F-150 Lightning and Mustang Mach-E retail customers are the first of any non-Tesla automaker to gain access to Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada.

According to a Cox Automotive Consumer Sentiment Study, lack of charging stations is the second largest barrier after price when it comes to purchasing an electric vehicle. As EV prices come down, improving access to reliable fast charging is critical to help more customers confidently choose an EV.

The 15,000+ available Tesla Superchargers more than double customer access to reliable DC fast charging on the BlueOvalā„¢ Charge Network.

Ford is saying thank you to its electric vehicle customers by making the Fast Charging Adapter available at no cost to new and existing customers enrolled in the BlueOvalā„¢ Charge Network through June 30, 2024. The adapter is required to charge at upgraded Tesla Superchargers. Ford retail EV customers are the first in the industry to have the opportunity to order the Fast Charging Adapter.

RESERVE FAST CHARGING ADAPTER LINK

Retail customers will be eligible to receive a complimentary adapter if ordered by June 30, 2024. Future Ford EV customers can purchase the adapter from Ford for $230 (including estimated tax and shipping).

Ford Pro commercial customers will be contacted this Spring by mail at the address registered with Ford Pro or via their Ford Pro account manager to order an adapter.

The BlueOvalā„¢ Charge Network provides one seamless stored payment account through the FordPass App, or Charge Assist App (soon to be "Public Charge") in the vehicleā€™s touchscreen, which eliminates the need for onsite credit card use. Once owners have created an account and activated Plug & Charge, Tesla Superchargers will support Plug & Charge with Ford EVs. This means customers simply have to plug in and charging will automatically start with charges managed through FordPass.

In the future, Ford will begin offering next-generation electric vehicles with the North American Charging Standard (NACS) connector built-in, eliminating the need for an adapter to access Tesla Superchargers.

creenshot-2024-02-29-at-5-28-35-e2-80-afam-png-png.png

creenshot-2024-02-29-at-5-28-44-e2-80-afam-jpg-jpg.jpg

Go into the FordPass app and go under connected services from your account. You can now reserve the adapter. See below.

IMG_7276.png

IMG_7275.png
Site is crashed. When is Farley going to fire someone at Ford for mistakes like this?
Sponsored