• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla Magic Dock Count now up to 45 in US & Canada.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Just checked the Tesla site to search for Non-Tesla-enabled Supercharger Sites:
35 39 42 in the US (including 1 in Alaska)
2 3 in Canada
https://www.tesla.com/findus?v=2&bounds=58.42174382925152,-
59.8826512551158%2C20.256847658274417%2C-167.2849950051158&zoom=4&filters=party

Total of 436 chargers
(updated 12/22)
Sponsored

Last edited:

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR

FastMover

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 F150 Limited 14 Shelby GT500 22 Lightning order
Occupation
Retired
I thought they would have retrofitted some on the main interstates first.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Well who wouldā€™ve believed it!!

Looking at @carys98 posted link there is a Tesla V3 Magic Dock charger in Beaver Dam, KY. Not a route I use but hell itā€™s in KY. Who wouldā€™ve thought! šŸ˜Š

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
seems like a waste of money with NACS becoming the standard. an adapter is all you need to use any Tesla charger?

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I think itā€™s actually up to 50. Thereā€™s a site thatā€™s tracking them.

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/don.burke/viz/SuperchargingCompetition/InterestingLocations
Not all of the locations there are available. It pointed out there are Magic Docks in Glendale, AZ and PlugShare does have a check-in confirming. However, the check-in also says they aren't active yet. I checked the Tesla app and it doesn't show that location yet. Still, good to know that they are there. If I ever make a trek out to Kingman I'll stop by them. And it looks like they have a layout that is even optimal for us!
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Magic Dock Count now up to 45 in US & Canada. 1242482

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
seems like a waste of money with NACS becoming the standard. an adapter is all you need to use any Tesla charger?
That is actually not accurate. Even if you had an adapater, which only now becoming avaialbe in the marketplace, the Tesla SuperCharger would not charge your non-Tesla vehicle, because the Super Charger network is designed to recognize the vehicle it is charging prior to releasing any juice. So, unfortunately, that would not work.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
That is actually not accurate. Even if you had an adapater, which only now becoming avaialbe in the marketplace, the Tesla SuperCharger would not charge your non-Tesla vehicle, because the Super Charger network is designed to recognize the vehicle it is charging prior to releasing any juice. So, unfortunately, that would not work.
Ford is adding Tesla SC to the blue oval network so yes and adaptor is all we'll need.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Ford is adding Tesla SC to the blue oval network so yes and adaptor is all we'll need.
The adapters will be slow to roll out, my guess we will get access well before adaptors are available. These also enable other EV's which are further down the pecking order for access to adaptors. Some people don't want to buy an adaptor. Adaptors get lost or forgotten. Family with two CCS vehicles want to share and adaptor so one isn't always available. I could probably come up with some more scenarios where the magic dock being present is a good thing despite adaptors (eventually) being available.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Either they added a couple more or I miscounted. I now also count 42 total in NA on the Tesla site. 38 in lower 48 states, 1 in Alaska, and 3 in Canada.

mikenky

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 tesla model y and 16 chevy volt
Occupation
retired
charged my lightning at beaver dam, ky Hucks on western ky parkway worked fine with tesla app

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning Platinum, ā€˜21 Aviator, ā€˜23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
The adapters will be slow to roll out, my guess we will get access well before adaptors are available. These also enable other EV's which are further down the pecking order for access to adaptors. Some people don't want to buy an adaptor. Adaptors get lost or forgotten. Family with two CCS vehicles want to share and adaptor so one isn't always available. I could probably come up with some more scenarios where the magic dock being present is a good thing despite adaptors (eventually) being available.
I carry my Tesla destination charger adapter in my truck when Iā€™m on a road trip. Lectron has a ccs/tesla adapter thatā€™s shipping in January. I ordered one of those too. Seems like a longer wait for the availability of magic docks compared to having an adapter with me that I could actually use.
Sponsored