• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla Magic Dock Count now up to 45 in US & Canada.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
So now that
Tesla is on the Bue Oval network, I am curious. The way to use the magic dock requires the Tesla app. Now if I pull up to a charger will we still get the magic dock feature, or have to use the adapter every time?
You can switch the vehicle profile in the Tesla app to indicate use with a NACS adapter or without one for Magic Dock.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Magic Dock Count now up to 45 in US & Canada. IMG_5135
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
You can switch the vehicle profile in the Tesla app to indicate use with a NACS adapter or without one for Magic Dock.

IMG_5135.png
For more detail, I think you have to add your vehicle twice to see this. Once saying it has a NACS adapter, and once saying you don't.

Then to get the screen above, you choose Filter under Find Charging. It will then show you all V3/V4 chargers or just those with MagicDocks based on which "vehicle" you selected.

teaguem32

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ER LARIAT SQM

IMG_5135.png
Sorry, I meant the ford plug and charge feature. If I don't use the tesla app.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Sorry, I meant the ford plug and charge feature. If I don't use the tesla app.
I don’t think you can unlock the magic dock without using the Tesla app. Plug N Charge doesn’t have a proximity release, it would need to be plugged in prior to communicating and activating Plug n Charge

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I don’t think you can unlock the magic dock without using the Tesla app. Plug N Charge doesn’t have a proximity release, it would need to be plugged in prior to communicating and activating Plug n Charge
They changed it so you can press and hold the charger button while still in the dock, and it will lock it to it, and allow for plug and charge.

Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
So I guess they will keep rolling them out slowly even though people will have their own adapters more and more.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Magic Dock Count now up to 45 in US & Canada. 1710844796279-df

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
So I guess they will keep rolling them out slowly even though people will have their own adapters more and more.
Because they committed to 3,500 chargers.
Sponsored