• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Looks like it's still running sync for the '24 in the TFL Video. I wonder if they wrapped the light bar or colored it another way. Is 3M going to be selling those aftermarket?
Same. Iā€™ve been talking about it and options with my local guys doing my light bar to reduce the ā€œwhite milk jug lookā€ or WMJL service bulletin šŸ¤® lol šŸ˜‚

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Same heavy ass platinum wheels. Why can't Ford make an aerodynamic tough but light forged or flow forged wheel? Saving a few pennies while admitting range loss due to those boat anchors.

jefrank

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2004 BMW 330Ci
A black Platinum with a black interior is certainly not the vehicle to buy for summers in the torrid American Southwest. Everything black will heat up in the sun like crazy, and a really hot interior helps heat the battery underneath. You can feel like Darth Vader driving down the road in your black monster, but otherwise, the vehicle will be toast in a hot, sunny parking lot. Great for the snowy plains of Canada, though, where you want to soak up every ray of light to keep the battery near operating temperature while parked! They ought to offer a lighter-colored version for the sunny, southern U.S. states.
White is already available ;-)

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Hi,

I was privileged to be at the pre-release event in NYC with some of our NorthEast Lightning Club on Tuesday, it was great to get the opportunity to interact with the F-150 product team and be able to provide them feedback from our experiences (good and bad but mostly good).

In my discussions with them, including the Chief Product Engineer - who rode with me in my Lariat ER from the event location to dinner - I am confident that they are VERY interested in customer satisfaction and feedback and ongoing lifecycle support and improvements.

Mike - who we claim is the inspiration for the Platinum Black (his modded beautiful Platinum is next to him in this pic) Joe who founded lightningclubsofamerica.org and Out of Spec Dave as we were waiting out front of the studio for the reveal.

Ford F-150 Lightning New F-150 Lightning Platinum Black Limited Edition Revealed IMG_5416

If you watch Daveā€™s video on the event the beginning you will hear us all laughing as we looked at the Platinum Black for the first time and realized it was almost identical in look to Mikeā€™s (but with some significant differences) - too funny!

Ford F-150 Lightning New F-150 Lightning Platinum Black Limited Edition Revealed IMG_5417

The Leather inside was significantly higher quality than in the original models - smelled great.

Ford F-150 Lightning New F-150 Lightning Platinum Black Limited Edition Revealed IMG_5422

The Lightning badges on the roof panels was a nice touch - hoping that someone makes these so I can put them on my Lariat! (The pictures of the VFX lightning were from the visual effects system for the stage - not on the roof panel)

Ford F-150 Lightning New F-150 Lightning Platinum Black Limited Edition Revealed IMG_5427

Overall it was a great experience to be part of!

Last edited:

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
A black Platinum with a black interior is certainly not the vehicle to buy for summers in the torrid American Southwest. Everything black will heat up in the sun like crazy, and a really hot interior helps heat the battery underneath. You can feel like Darth Vader driving down the road in your black monster, but otherwise, the vehicle will be toast in a hot, sunny parking lot. Great for the snowy plains of Canada, though, where you want to soak up every ray of light to keep the battery near operating temperature while parked! They ought to offer a lighter-colored version for the sunny, southern U.S. states.
This is why we need the roll eyes option in the Like emojis.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
It looks like they didnā€™t bother to paint the brake calipers black. Painted calipers would make a big difference on all of the trims.

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
Looks like ford has changed the front right fender for this model and possibly all 2024 lightning's. If you take a second look at this photo you will see that the fake charging port door on this fender has disappeared. I think it looks better this way.

Ford F-150 Lightning New F-150 Lightning Platinum Black Limited Edition Revealed 1693027011200

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
It looks like they didnā€™t bother to paint the brake calipers black. Painted calipers would make a big difference on all of the trims.
Looks like ford has changed the front right fender for this model and possibly all 2024 lightning's. If you take a second look at this photo you will see that the fake charging port door on this fender has disappeared. I think it looks better this way.
The video in post 25 had a Ford employee discuss these two things. Yes they are removing the fake door on all 24s, wasnā€™t looks as much as feedback that folks kept trying to open it. Canā€™t remember why they didnā€™t paint the calipers - think they still liked having some contrasts, like the gloss door handles, mirrors and B pillars. I agree with you.

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
This is why we need the roll eyes option in the Like emojis.
I grew up in Scottsdale, AZ and I am in 1000% agreement with you - šŸ”„LOL!

But it is a beautiful beast.

Sponsored

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Looks a little half assed, they didnā€™t matte the handles or mirrors. They missed the centers of the ultrasonic sensors too. Even worse is that tonneau cover though, looks super cheap.

Iā€™m digging the black ford badging though.

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Hi,

I was privileged to be at the pre-release event in NYC with some of our NorthEast Lightning Club on Tuesday, it was great to get the opportunity to interact with the F-150 product team and be able to provide them feedback from our experiences (good and bad but mostly good).

In my discussions with them, including the Chief Product Engineer - who rode with me in my Lariat ER from the event location to dinner - I am confident that they are VERY interested in customer satisfaction and feedback and ongoing lifecycle support and improvements.

Mike - who we claim is the inspiration for the Platinum Black (his modded beautiful Platinum is next to him in this pic) Joe who founded lightningclubsofamerica.org and Out of Spec Dave as we were waiting out front of the studio for the reveal.

IMG_5416.jpeg

If you watch Daveā€™s video on the event the beginning you will hear us all laughing as we looked at the Platinum Black for the first time and realized it was almost identical in look to Mikeā€™s (but with some significant differences) - too funny!

IMG_5417.jpeg

The Leather inside was significantly higher quality than in the original models - smelled great.

IMG_5422.jpeg

The Lightning badges on the roof panels was a nice touch - hoping that someone makes these so I can put them on my Lariat! (The pictures of the VFX lightning were from the visual effects system for the stage - not on the roof panel)

IMG_5427.jpeg

Overall it was a great experience to be part of!
Agreed - it was a fantastic event. Glad I was able to bee there even if black isn't really my cup of tea.

onepunch

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
$10 bucks says that a good number of people will order just the black Ford badge and the black lightning badge.......

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
That was the first thing I noticed too! If I hadnā€™t done most of this to my truck already I would be interested. Looks cool. Curious to see how Ford executes the finish. Iā€™m familiar with the factory Benz option. Hoping Ford can offer matte on future vehicles!

IMG_3185.jpeg
God I still love the look of your ghost wrap. Freaking downright gorgeous.

Wonder what my Atlas Blue would look like if I had the money to wrap her.
Sponsored