• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New Preconditioning Behavior

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
My truck never had issues with preconditioning, but now I'm experiencing my seats not preheating (everything else works though). This started happening after a strange glitchfest event where the truck was fine all day, and when I went back out in the evening, she wouldn't unlock. Then once I rebooted Bluetooth on my phone and reset the app, she unlocked & wouldn't fold out the mirrors & couldn't detect key (PaaK) to start. Then I got the hard key to get her on and the screen started black... turned truck off again, open/closed door, tried again, got mirrors to roll out, got her started.... took a good few minutes and a look from the wife...
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Sounds like an update and you need to check your precon settings.

Also, what was the temp? If it's too warm out then the seats won't come on.

OP
OP

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
Thanks for the replies! This isn't the battery, I checked that first. Everything cleared up since then except for the seat warming. The temps this past week when leaving were in the 30's and 40's (plenty cold) and still dark out (no solar gain).

I've since tried to turn Preconditioning off, then back on (to jiggle the handle, if you will), tried leaving it off over night (so it went through a cycle with preconditioning off) and then turning it back on... no dice. If I request the car to start using the app manually, it all works fine.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I had issues with pre-conditioning the cabin using a previously set departure time via FORDPASS.

Try clearing all settings in Fordpass.

Then get in the truck, start her up,use the SYNC screen to set the departure time values for Friday (assuming you need to use the truck tomorrow) set the time and WARM conditions, then save it.

DO NOT touch the settings in Fordpass, you can observe it but DO NOT tweak it.

I am suspicious there is a compromise of the values between the FP and the truck when tinkering with the values.

Also note, the departure timer kicks off the conditioning phase five minutes prior to your scheduled departure time, make allowances for that and don't disturb the process prematurely, the process should continue to idle for 15 minutes after your scheduled time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
So I got it working again. Simply changing it from "warm" to "cool" in the app, letting it work through a cycle, and then setting it back again did not work. But what did work was using the FORDPASS app and turning preconditioning off altogether for a cycle, then turning it back on in the FORDPASS app. Seems to have cleared whatever the issue was that prevented the seat from heating. Not a moment too soon!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My truck never had issues with preconditioning, but now I'm experiencing my seats not preheating (everything else works though). This started happening after a strange glitchfest event where the truck was fine all day, and when I went back out in the evening, she wouldn't unlock. Then once I rebooted Bluetooth on my phone and reset the app, she unlocked & wouldn't fold out the mirrors & couldn't detect key (PaaK) to start. Then I got the hard key to get her on and the screen started black... turned truck off again, open/closed door, tried again, got mirrors to roll out, got her started.... took a good few minutes and a look from the wife...
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

OP
OP

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
So I got it working again. Simply changing it from "warm" to "cool" in the app, letting it work through a cycle, and then setting it back again did not work. But what did work was using the FORDPASS app and turning preconditioning off altogether for a cycle, then turning it back on in the FORDPASS app. Seems to have cleared whatever the issue was that prevented the seat from heating. Not a moment too soon!

I spoke to soon I guess... this morning heading to work, the seat wasn't warm. 😢

OP
OP

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
Brought it in for a host of recalls, specifically mentioned the preconditioning quirks, they said they addressed it. On my service paper here's the description:

"Verified concern, performed SSM 52104, reprogrammed SCCM, cleared codes and retest, all OK."

Sponsored
OP
OP

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
Update: works when plugged in (except steering wheel), but not when unplugged. Will test another week to see if I can discern any other patterns.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
I doubt it, Bright but I'll check when I get out of work. Thanks for the heads up!

OP
OP

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Hey, apologies for the hiatus, got COVID and then worked from home for a bunch of weeks. How do I check if I received that update you mentioned?
The sync screen might show your most recent update version.

The Fordpass app, Vehicle tab > Features & Settings > Software Updates > Recent Changes >>
Will describe what posted recently, may include a version number.
Sponsored