• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Notice From Ford: Battery Replacement Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terik2005

First Name
Terik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford lightning lariats standard range
Occupation
Train Engineer
My Mach e gt had this high voltage junction box replaced wen the software version didn't work. Hopefully my lightning doesn't need this too
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
My Mach e gt had this high voltage junction box replaced wen the software version didn't work. Hopefully my lightning doesn't need this too
So far no reports of the HVBJB issue with Lightnings that we know of.

My incoming '23 MME order will have the new BlueCruise 1.2 w/ auto lane change and slide over for large vehicles feature!

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Mine was picked up today around 11AM. We’ll see how this goes!

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
No we’d yet, but since I have FordPass App notifications turned on, funny to keep getting notices about my doors and drunk opening

they’re either moving it around the lot a bunch, joyriding, or it’s actually on the rack

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
No we’d yet, but since I have FordPass App notifications turned on, funny to keep getting notices about my doors and drunk opening

they’re either moving it around the lot a bunch, joyriding, or it’s actually on the rack
If you go look at the map in the FordPass app you'll know if it is moving. It'll show exactly where it is - on their lot on in a shop, etc.

Sponsored

Terik2005

First Name
Terik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Train Engineer
So far no reports of the HVBJB issue with Lightnings that we know of.

My incoming '23 MME order will have the new BlueCruise 1.2 w/ auto lane change and slide over for large vehicles feature!
ahh i thought i read the lightnings were supposed to get that new bluecruise first. well i can say this the lightning doesnt shift back and forth centering like the mach e's used to

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
If you go look at the map in the FordPass app you'll know if it is moving. It'll show exactly where it is - on their lot on in a shop, etc.
does appear to be indoors, with the hood open for quite some time now

Ford F-150 Lightning Notice From Ford: Battery Replacement Needed 8C63C155-690C-49E8-903C-743D577DC3CF

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
ahh i thought i read the lightnings were supposed to get that new bluecruise first. well i can say this the lightning doesnt shift back and forth centering like the mach e's used to
The first Ford EVs getting BlueCruise 1.2 is the 2023 Mustang Mach E.

Lightning will follow soon.

Terik2005

First Name
Terik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Train Engineer
The first Ford EVs getting BlueCruise 1.2 is the 2023 Mustang Mach E.

Lightning will follow soon.
Ok maybe thats what I read 23 mme pre installed and 22 lightning via an update is that the order?

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Pathfinder
Build Week: July 25th, Lariat ER. Dropping mine off on Monday the 20th, no estimated time of completion. The dealer typically has loaners, but I'll find out for sure when I get there.
The service center got me a loaner, good thing too. The two days they expected will stretch to several more. Looks like the software used to configure the new battery module doesn't recognize the module. The service center has contacted the software manufacturer, and they think they'll have it resolved by Monday.

We'll see.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
FYI, received my truck back this afternoon. Haven’t had any time in it yet to ensure all is well. While it was in, I had them deal with a few other things that arguably added a day. Discounting that day, was probably in for 1.5 days. That is a far better outcome than others are reporting on the forums, or than my recent warranty repairs with the same dealership for my wife’s vehicle.
In either event, I overall think my dealership/Ford was going above and beyond to appease me in particular. Appointed me a dealer contact that was in constant contact, responded promptly to my texts. Got me the loaner I wanted (F150). They even detailed my truck before they returned it, complete with topping off fluids, shining the tires, etc. This sort of treatment is not consistent with either my recent warranty repairs at the same dealership, nor with the experience of other forum members undergoing this module repair issue with their dealerships.

Hoping others have similar experiences (and that my repair sticks!)

JustaProGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Well, my adviser, Chelsea Manning, never got back to me after I emailed her yesterday and today to confirm if the parts were at the dealer and if the dealer was ready to do the hv battery module service scheduled for Monday, March 6. My email today was actually blocked by Ford so not sure what to make of that. Either way, since Ford can't confirm they are ready to perform the service, I cancelled the appointment at the dealer. The truck is running without problems as of now and I'm not going to take it to a dealer unless they have the parts and resources available to perform the service. @Ford Motor Company

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
Well, my adviser, Chelsea Manning, never got back to me after I emailed her yesterday and today to confirm if the parts were at the dealer and if the dealer was ready to do the hv battery module service scheduled for Monday, March 6. My email today was actually blocked by Ford so not sure what to make of that. Either way, since Ford can't confirm they are ready to perform the service, I cancelled the appointment at the dealer. The truck is running without problems as of now and I'm not going to take it to a dealer unless they have the parts and resources available to perform the service. @Ford Motor Company

Chelsea Manning is my advisor as well. She has called me weekly to confirm I am still going to my scheduled appointment on March 15th. Hopefully I have better luck than you.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Chelsea Manning is my advisor as well. She has called me weekly to confirm I am still going to my scheduled appointment on March 15th. Hopefully I have better luck than you.
Isn't Chelsea Manning still in prison for espionage? Must be another Chelsea ;)

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Isn't Chelsea Manning still in prison for espionage? Must be another Chelsea ;)
Damned, that’s the first thing I thought of! It really sucks to have the same name of some infamous person. I knew a guy in college named Charlie Manson. He kind of enjoyed all the crap people gave him.
On a similar note, today there are now almost no men in Germany named Adolph.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.