• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Notice From Ford: Battery Replacement Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Pathfinder
The service center got me a loaner, good thing too. The two days they expected will stretch to several more. Looks like the software used to configure the new battery module doesn't recognize the module. The service center has contacted the software manufacturer, and they think they'll have it resolved by Monday.

We'll see.
The saga continues, but it'll soon be (supposedly) ready. The device they use to configure and condition the new battery modules needed both a firmware update and some hardware swapped before it would work correctly. But they say it's running now... trickle charging of course. So they BELIEVE it should be done by Monday and ready for me to pick it up on Tuesday. Or Wednesday maybe?

We'll see.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Doesn't everyone check for system updates and patches to software and tools at the start of a business day? Come folks, GYS Together!!!!

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The saga continues, but it'll soon be (supposedly) ready. The device they use to configure and condition the new battery modules needed both a firmware update and some hardware swapped before it would work correctly. But they say it's running now... trickle charging of course. So they BELIEVE it should be done by Monday and ready for me to pick it up on Tuesday. Or Wednesday maybe?

We'll see.
Soooo... I got my truck back yesterday (yeah!)... but this happened on the way home.
Ford F-150 Lightning Notice From Ford: Battery Replacement Needed MotorCoolantWarnin

Good thing I live only 3 miles from the dealership, so I was able to limp home. On the way back to the dealership this morning, it came on again - shot up during the regen braking. We'll see.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Soooo... I got my truck back yesterday (yeah!)... but this happened on the way home.
MotorCoolantWarning.jpg

Good thing I live only 3 miles from the dealership, so I was able to limp home. On the way back to the dealership this morning, it came on again - shot up during the regen braking. We'll see.
Interesting power availability forced to 66% even though outside temp is moderate and the SOC is high. Probably to prevent over heating the motors any worse than they are

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Tiny bubbles probably became one big one that causes cavitation in the pump and stops circulation. What a shame. :(

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
MotorCoolantWarning.jpg

I've never seen either of those gauges move. I hope it's a quick fix!

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you look at the coolant level in the reservoir? Maybe just some bubbles that they didn't get purged??
Did I look at it? No. I'd just picked it up from the dealer service dept.

Air bubbles in the line is what they were thinking too.

Sponsored

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Video of refilling the cooling system for a Mach E.
Refilling starts about minute 28.
It seems to take quite a bit of shop time.
Thanks @Grumpy2 - cool video, great info. Much appreciated.

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MotorCoolantWarning.jpg

OK, picked up the truck yesterday after work. Yep, air in the coolant system was the problem - good to go now. Yeah!

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
How are other folks resolutions going?

Mine continues to behave fine, at least as far as I can tell - though that was also true before the repair (I’m not one who experienced limp mode).

And, it seems the brief tide has gone back out of people chiming in having also received the calls/emails? So, it does seem to have - at least so far - been a relatively small pool of affected trucks?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Is this issue common with ER than SR Lightnings ?

These reports have me worried - now I drive in regular trip view instead of calm mode that I normally drive - looking for warnings or decreased power / range... 😬

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
My Mach e gt had this high voltage junction box replaced wen the software version didn't work. Hopefully my lightning doesn't need this too
Just to clarify, the software recall on the Mach-E wasn't to fix anything. It was to allow the vehicle to alert the owner, and Ford, of the upcoming failure of the HVBJB, and allow the car to be driven, often in limp mode, to the dealership, vs. dying on the side of the road.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.