• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Notice From Ford: Battery Replacement Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Its like they already know that your specific vehicle is faulty, but just not sure as to how faulty. I would really love for it to be true that they remotely monitor, and can contact you before a major failure.
no backstory prior to the email, just the random (and easily missable) email. Email comes in the name of the representative, no obvious Ford association. Before emailing sheā€™d tried to call me first, but turns out didnā€™t have my correct number.

on the phone, she said my vehicle has a VIN associated with this issue. That said, if they *had* determined it from remote monitoring I donā€™t know that theyā€™d come out and say that.
Sponsored

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Just called the number, they just told me to contact the dealer to schedule the appointment and that the dealer will have the information from this email. Saved ya'll a phone call I guess.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They are supposed to assist in making the appointment for you
right but its saturday so my dealership service dept is closed. A direct call to the dealership would save you some time from dealing with the automated prompts. called twice, first time the ext was busy and second time I didnt even have an opportunity to enter the extension and got a random rep.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
right but its saturday so my dealership service dept is closed.
Valid point. Did they also tell you to call back and inform them of your appointment date so that parts can be ordered and at the dealer ahead of time?

Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
i dont think they gave me the "electric vehicle team". LMAO. Ill call the dealership and have them have the parts before taking in my truck.
Call the person back who contacted you. Either have them make the appointment or give them the appointment information if you make it yourself

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Call the person back who contacted you. Either have them make the appointment or give them the appointment information if you make it yourself
alright will do on monday. thank you

Sponsored

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
I got the same email. Mine had no subject so I thought it was junk. Also my reps name was Chelsea Manning which raised an eyebrow. She followed up the email with a phone call 2 days later. She is making an appointment for me with my dealer.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
The basic description of a battery pack will be xSyP. I know a couple of high-level researchers will argue that the S and P order is dependent on how it is actually constructed, but for our purposes, xSyP will do (and I make sure I reverse it if needed when talking to Dr. Judy).

A cell is an individual pouch. The cells are assembled into strings in a parallel configuration...if you see 3P/4P/5P, this is the string. Paralleling cells increase the amp hour capacity. Your pack Ah capacity is no greater than the Ah capacity of the cell times the number paralleled.

Stings are assembled into modules. This will be the xS you see in the pack description. How many are in a module will determine the voltage of the module. Most smart designers will try to keep the nominal voltage to less than 50 V, otherwise, they will be considered as high voltage and new rules apply when handling. Yes, I've had to deal with some modules designed as 80 V modules and I make sure we charge more for those projects since high voltage rules come into play. I also educate the owners on why they should redesign their product as two 40 V instead of one 80 V.

Modules are assembled into packs with the modules in series. Most 400 V packs will end up being 96SxP or so.

To get the power capacity of the pack (in kWh), take the nominal voltage of the cell times the number in series times the Ah capacity times the number in parallel.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Have you checked the battery SOH (state of health) using an OBD II dongle and an app like Car Scanner? I'm interested to see if this is actually causing an issue or if this is a VIN-based sub-recall action based on an abundance of caution.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
From my experience going through a similar situation, different part, DO NOT SCHEDULE THE APPOINTMENT YOURSELF.

The dealer Service Dept will be confused as to what you are talking about and why you are there. Although they can see any errors or codes on their side.

But if you let Ford CS contact them directly it goes much smoother and faster with no questions asked. Parts are ordered immediately and you are not sitting there waiting weeks for your truck.

Last edited:

MuradS

First Name
Murad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I did not receive an email but someone from Ford called and basically said that the are being proactive and they need to change high voltage modules to prevent future issues from happening, then the lady asked my preferred dealer and put me on hold and booked an appointment and said that Ford will be shipping the replacement parts.
I tried to ask more but did not get much.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.