• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Observations re: Owner's Manual

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lol. I was curious though how adaptive cruise control would be on an EV. Say it's keeping the preset distance from the car in front of you at 60, but ur preset speed is 70..when you decide to switch lanes, will the truck punch it to get you to 70, or slowly bring you up to speed? Would love some feedback from someone that has theirs already with adaptive and can compare to and ICE adaptive system.
Acceleration is not punched. Not slow though.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Question: in manual about BlueCruise
"Note: For hands-free mode to work, your vehicle must be on certain limited access divided freeways."

Is there a list or map of where BlueCruise currently works? All I could find googling was East Coast data (mache forum)
No map. Ford displays on web site a vague map of interstates. lane centering and cruise work on all roads.
drive a road with adaptive cruise and if blue cruise available it will show in dash.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Map was supposed to be available in May 2022. It isn't.

From the BlueCruise update procedure, 21G01:

"The full BlueZone interactive map is expected to be available in May 2022"

Ford has to be one of the top companies to set, and miss, its own deadlines. @Ford Motor Company this kind of stuff is pretty ridiculous. How can a deadline mentioned in April be missed in May, then June, then into July...?

Last edited:

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Lol. I was curious though how adaptive cruise control would be on an EV. Say it's keeping the preset distance from the car in front of you at 60, but ur preset speed is 70..when you decide to switch lanes, will the truck punch it to get you to 70, or slowly bring you up to speed? Would love some feedback from someone that has theirs already with adaptive and can compare to and ICE adaptive system.
Yes, the car will accelerate when it switches lanes to get you back to set speed. Basically, it will automatically slow down for something in front of you to match their speed. Tesla's cruise is moderated -- it doesn't apply full acceleration -- but it's probably on the order of 4-5 mph per second acceleration.

Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Acceleration is not punched. Not slow though.
With the Mach-E, I think it varies with drive mode. Whisper being the least aggressive and Unbridled the most. I recall one of the forum members saying he switches from Unbridled to Whisper before a road trip just for this reason.
Sponsored