• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
While I use PAAK exclusively, I keep one of the fobs in a Faraday bag hidden in truck. That way if I ever need service on the road, I have a fob to give the dealer or tow truck driver. Also in case phone loses power I can unlock using my door code and then use the fob. (I know there is "enter backup code on Sync screen" thing but I don't trust myself to remember that or for it to there and work).
Great idea, can you please elaborate on how and where you hid the key. Thanks
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Great idea, can you please elaborate on how and where you hid the key. Thanks
There are lots of places - under seats, behind the back seats, center console, etc. I'm not too paranoid about it so I put it someplace easy to get to. But the Faraday pouch I have is small and can be hidden inside a lot of objects already in the truck (e.g., tool pouch). I suppose it could even be put in the sub frunk or battery compartment.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
There are lots of places - under seats, behind the back seats, center console, etc. I'm not too paranoid about it so I put it someplace easy to get to. But the Faraday pouch I have is small and can be hidden inside a lot of objects already in the truck (e.g., tool pouch). I suppose it could even be put in the sub frunk or battery compartment.
In lieu of buying a faraday bag, you can remove the battery from the fob. In an emergency-use situation, you just slide it in the console slot for RF activation.

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
In lieu of buying a faraday bag, you can remove the battery from the fob. In an emergency-use situation, you just slide it in the console slot for RF activation.
This what I do, and it’s a perfect backup solution (in addition to the Password option). Because I have 2 backups I have zero issue with using PAAK exclusively. And other than the frunk button being a :&); I like the implementation of PAAK. Definitely would appreciate WAL however! I think it would resolve my issues with the damn frunk button.
Sponsored