• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
FOB or PaaK in vehicle, what's the issue? Open door, grab twin.

I'd call it a safety feature. Get twin, close door, truck locks. Come back, twin is still in truck...

It's going to be a honk.
Twins not old enough to get out of carseat by themselves.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Twins not old enough to get out of carseat by themselves.
I was getting at the idea of vehicle on driveway, and someone driving by.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Ok, I'll be the odd one out... I actually prefer the Lightning's current implementation of locking and unlocking. I'd be happy to have walk away locking added, but would probably choose to keep the current setting.

Our Rivian has walk away lock and it's a pain in the butt. It's slow to unlock - I'm usually stuck waiting by the truck for it to unlock. And locking is odd - sometimes it locks when I walk away about 15 feet, most other times it won't lock until I'm at least 100 feet away. At this point I'm pretty sure they've got it programmed to randomly lock or unlock at various distances. It's always waking up when I don't want it to, and locking me out when I walk to the back to get something from the tailgate.

With the Lightning it reliably locks and unlocks when I need it to. It's been simple, doesn't wake the truck up when I don't need it to, it just works.
walk away lock has worked just about perfect on our Mach-e. None of the issues you mentioned. Really hope it comes to the Lightning soon.

sd25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Rivian R1T
walk away lock has worked just about perfect on our Mach-e. None of the issues you mentioned. Really hope it comes to the Lightning soon.
Nice! Glad to hear Ford has it working well on the Mach-E. The Rivian implementation has soured me a bit on it, but willing to give it a try if Ford rolls it out for our Lightnings. Just hope we get to keep the current lock/unlock method as a backup.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Nice! Glad to hear Ford has it working well on the Mach-E. The Rivian implementation has soured me a bit on it, but willing to give it a try if Ford rolls it out for our Lightnings. Just hope we get to keep the current lock/unlock method as a backup.
On the Mach-e you can turn it on or off so I would guess it would be the same on the Lightning. My favorite part is the mirror fold on lock so it is easy to quickly look to see if it is locked or unlocked.

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
Reading all these posts I agree that after my last car, a tesla model 3 P I miss it. I only use my phone and never carry a key fob.

Reactions: GDN

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model 3, Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Dev
I am sure it will be an OTA. I’m also sure I wont see that OTA or any until cows fly.

• Haha

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Thanks Rick. My daughter complains of walk away lock. Unload one twin, carry into house back to garage to get other twin car locked. I would think others with small ones may have same. With them walking now may no longer be problem.
If you have a tesla you can disable it when home. Been that way for years.

LightningCanuckNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Knowing Ford, only for 2024 model year.

This is one they need to steal off Tesla, being able to set locations where you want walk away lock.
I really hope they do it like that because the walk away lock on our Honda is annoying because I don't want it active when parked safely in my garage... we go out to load up the car and its locked and I need to go back in to get the key... annoying.

I only want walk away lock active when it is not at home.

Sponsored

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
I really hope they do it like that because the walk away lock on our Honda is annoying because I don't want it active when parked safely in my garage... we go out to load up the car and its locked and I need to go back in to get the key... annoying.

My daughters complaint. 22 Honda CRV

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER

When I’m in my locked garage, I leave the fob in the truck. Another advantage to not using PAAK! 😀

The most annoying thing about our Honda was the fact that after you unlock it, you have about 10 seconds to open a door or it locks back up. I learned this the hard way once. I unlocked it during a rainstorm from the kitchen, picked up 2 suitcases and carried them to the car only to find it had locked back up. So I’m standing behind the car with suitcases in the rain…..lesson learned.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I don't use my fob, ever. It is in a basket in my office (far from any doors/windows). I use PAAK exclusively.
Both of my key fobs are in a faraday pouch in a drawer by my bed.
While I use PAAK exclusively, I keep one of the fobs in a Faraday bag hidden in truck. That way if I ever need service on the road, I have a fob to give the dealer or tow truck driver. Also in case phone loses power I can unlock using my door code and then use the fob. (I know there is "enter backup code on Sync screen" thing but I don't trust myself to remember that or for it to there and work).
Sponsored