• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power Gauge Below 100

Nemo60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT
Plugged my truck in at work for the day this morning. As I was getting out, the truck chimed in for an update that it was going to install. At the end of the day, I unplug the truck at about 70% and start my drive home and the power gauge shows 64%. Outside temperature was 60F and the battery temp shows solid in the middle. Was wondering if this has happened to anyone?

Ford F-150 Lightning Power Gauge Below 100 20231221_163420
Sponsored

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Yes, since you mention after an update there have been reports of updates temporarily disabling one of the motors, resulting in the half-ish or so power meter you see here. As long as the truck returns to normal after turning it off there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Give it 24 hours (over night actually) it should get back to normal, BTW, which update was it?

We have a bunch of updates rolling out now, enjoy reading the threads here

OP
OP

Nemo60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT
Give it 24 hours (over night actually) it should get back to normal, BTW, which update was it?

We have a bunch of updates rolling out now, enjoy reading the threads here
It was 6.5.0, which this seems to be a recurring issue in the threads you listed. Appreciate the help! Will keep you updated if it doesnt resolve itself over night.

tubby

First Name
Press
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
FYI, Mine took 3 or 4 days after the update to go back to 100 from 95%. This is when it was colder out and the batteries were not at running temp, so I thought that is what the update showed now. ??

eopiela

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Attorney
I had this happen as well multiple times in November. I took it in to the dealer and after they applied the High Voltage contactor recall firmware update, it stopped. Might be a coincidence, might not. Ford Service installed a monitoring token and called me to take it in this week again. They performed another multi-point battery inspection and applied another update. Overall, for me it seemed to be related to charging; it appeared immediately after charging; I could power the truck down all the way, then restart, and the gauge went back up to 100%. There is someone from Ford service here on the forum (can't remember who, try searching). Reach out and they will take care of you.
Sponsored